• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Bi-weeklies, because illegal gambling is perfectly legal

buenob

Smash Lord
yes you could, but you _might_ be overpowered by the others, since you're not really running it... people use the lab for DotA and the like all the time...

speaking of which, we need to have a LAN day where we play dota... that's all I'm saying...

also, my brother just got back to me and I may be ditching all previous plans to go hang with family in toronto my weekend off... though at this point i'm sure no one cares what I do :)

ps. I will be going 100% olimar next bi-weekly (whenever it is) so be prepared!

KnucklesTheEchidna

Smash Apprentice
I would be down for doing it at CU. It is very conveniant actually. But im not sure if i'll be playing this friday, should know tomorrow. Would we need tvs? or just wiis?

Ben and Alan: You should both prepare yourselves. I picked up a secondary too. It's RED metaknight! (be afraid!)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
@Carleton concerns: The lab usually clears out by 6pm ish since other people have real lives instead of going to play video games on their friday nights.

We won't need a card, as long as we have someone inside the lab to let others in.

Bring Wii's only, since there are like 20 computers which SHOULD be able to be hooked up to the wii's.

Dota is dead at Caleton, now that the computers have Legit steam accounts now.

all in all, it should be fine.

EDIT: if it does turn out to fail, we could just have an awesome lan party.

Matt07

Smash Master
Sounds good to me...

Let's play some Diablo 2 if Smash doesn't work. Kicking it old school.

And Carleton=Carleton University, right? And what lab are we talking about in Carleton, like lab room number?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
D2 got owned ever since the sweep.

But they do have steam accounts with TF2, L4D, CS:S

and warcraft and stuff.

we can also bring a rockband kit for rockband.

Matt07

Smash Master
**** too bad, D2 was a beast.

Ok, bus routes!

I take the 95, then board a O-Train, to Carleton. Do they accept bus passes, or will I need extra money for the fare.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Oh okay.

Then he doesn't have to go through a complicated system much like when I refused to use my Swords Dance TM on Paras XDD (I decided to chainbreed starting on Empoleon)

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Um...the lab is in the Herzberg building, on the 5th floor. It is the then room at the end of corridor once you are through the black doors and turn left at the first possible turn.

Kinda hard to explain, so if anyone is interested in showin gup friday, call me and I'll get you there.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
@Randy- Are you working before hand again? If so, can we meet up so you can lead me to the Lab(and cause I haven't been to Bayshore in a while...)? And for some Teriyaki of course =P

SoLn

Smash Apprentice
ahhh, good old counter strike. How do they have valid steam accounts? Does each computer have its own account? Or is it based on the login thats used on the computer? If so then only one person will be able to play any steam game at a time, unless you have different user names and passwords.

Considering I spend enough time at Carleton I should check out this lab one day.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
@Orlando: Some awesome guy/girl got a cafe license for the lab, so all the comps have steam installed (and legit) so you could use one of the school accounts, or your account if you had one.

@Ariel: how the hell are we going to Lan up Santa Clause?

Matt07

Smash Master
Guys, should we really have a bi-weekly with...4 people? I say we just have a Smash/Starcraft/etc fest, could have the bi-weekly next week.

I dunno, I'm just saying.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
well, I was just going to go hang with Derek at the lab and stuff. But yeah, I think we should hold off the bi-weekly until next week when the ***** n **** is coming to town.

Anyways, if you guys know where the O-Train stop is for Carleton, I'll meet people there at 7.

PND

Smash Champion
Spoilers: I've changed my gametag. It's Srs ****ing Bzness now. (My gametag is not ACTUALLY Srs ****ing Bzness. That just describes how Srs the Bzness of my gametag is)

Top Bottom