• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"OTL Celebration Tournament" ARYMAN IS THE WINNER!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
"OTL Celebration Tournament"

Update 1/11: Since wifi felt the need to stop working during my tournament I've decided to extend the deadline until Monday.
I ask everyone still left in the tourney to see what time they will be able to play. I really wanted to finish this today, but there isn't much I can do at this point. But we WILL finish this tomorrow =D

If wifi happens to return later tonight then feel free to get your match done, but if you can't then just leave it for tomorrow.

Update 1/3: Alright, I just posted the brackets. This tourney is sure to be interesting =D
Feel free to get your first round match completed before January 10th.
I will also be sending out 2 reminders in total. One will be sent out either tonight or tomorrow and the other will be send to those I haven't seen approximately 2 days before the tournament is scheduled to begin =D

Now I only discovered the OTL section when I first joined. From what I saw it wasn't very active. Some may say it isn't very active now, but it has definitely grown and it is still growing.
I've met a bunch of cool people here and I know for a fact the OTL is definitely my favorite place in all of Smash boards.

So I've decided to host another online tournament in commemoration of all the good times we've had and all the friends we've made, and I hope this is as successful as my last tournament. Who knows, maybe it will be better ^_^

Of course I expect all of the OTL regulars to join this :p
But this is also open to anyone else interested in participating =D

I plan on making this a 32 person tournament again, but we'll see how many people enter. Who knows, maybe we'll get 64 people! But that would be asking a bit too much...

Basic Rules

I am making this standard tournament again =D

- Best 2/3
- Finals best 3/5
- 3 stock
- Double Elimination
- No items (of course)
- No time limit (I never used it anyways)

I still don't think it's really necessary to post a list of what's banned and what isn't. Most of you should know by now.
And besides, we're all friends here, so don't go and be a ****** by using an infinite grab, MK's cape glitch, or extreme cases of stalling.

Date and Time

This tournament will be held on January 10th/11th. Don't worry it's a weekend =D

This schedule is in Eastern Time

Round 1: Once Brackets are posted - 4:00pm Saturday
Round 2: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Saturday
Round 3: 6:00pm - 8:00pm Saturday
Winner Semi's: 8:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday
Winner Finals 10:00pm - Midnight

Loser Bracket Schedule:

I won't really be strict with the Loser bracket schedule. This is here for the... sake of having one =D
The tournament WILL finish on Sunday though

Round 1: 4:00pm - 6:00pm Saturday
Round 2: 6:00pm - 8:00 pm Saturday
Round 3: 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Round 4: 10:00pm - Into early Sunday
Round 5: Noon - 4:00pm Sunday
Loser Semi's 4:00pm - 6:00pm Sunday
Loser Finals 6:00pm - 8:00pm Sunday

FINALS!!(Best 3/5)

8:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday

And of course rounds are allowed to be done faster than the schedule. This is more of a deadline =D

I will try to be lenient again, but I will also be more strict this time. You should all know that There will be DQ's if necessary. So just try and check in every so often to avoid that =D
I don't want to extend the tournament again, so if these times don't work out well you then you're outta luck =D

Stages

Starter

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island

Counter-Pick

- Brinstar
- Castle Siege
- Corneria
- Delfino
- Distant Planet
- Frigate Orpheon
- Halberd
- Jungle Japes
- Luigi's Mansion
- Lylat Cruise
- Norfair
- Pictochat
- Pirate Ship
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Rainbow Cruise

Any stage not listed above is banned =D

Prize

Yes, there will be a prize, just like last time =D

1st Place will receive 1000 WII POINTS!!
and 2nd Place will receive 500 WII POINTS!
We'll see if 3rd place will get anything, but chances are it won't be much ;)

Oh and I almost forgot, I wasn't able to directly send the Wii points to the winners, I was only able to send a Virtual Console game of their choice. So the winners will have to tell me which game they want and I will send it to them ASAP =D

Bracket

Click Here!

Entrants

1. Salem
2. Ricky
3. cheap_josh
4. Shadowfirex100
5. ~Kawaii Bunny~
6. blankvi
7. thesilentmarth
8. Teronist09
9. Glyph
10. ~StarDust~
11. Nintensoldier
12. bunnyma
13. Yaya
14. Snare
15. Dark Mew
16. Aryman
17. istudying
18. Twilight Prince
19. boredpsycopath
20. ReoZeo
21. 8Bitman
22. DarkLeviathan89
23. TwistHeli)(
24. Kogarashi
25. Stafy
26. GFE
27. Victra
28. Zoids-Raven
29. X Shinigami X
30. Zerxion
31. Commander_Beef
32. Alphican

Waiting List

1. cba (Subbing in for X Shinigami X)
2. ZondaFreak (Subbing in for ~StarDust~)
3. Barge (Subbing in for Nintensoldier)
4. Alterhalo
5. Linkismyfavorite
6. PhoenixoKaZe
7. CalebSitton
8. Fezzle
9. iSasuke

My Notes
: Things to consider for next time

If a player continues to play on the stage that isn't their counter pick, then that match will count.

If you are going out somewhere before you finish your match then please tell me. As long as you aren't gone for too long I will most likely give you an extension on your match

I really hope people join this, and again, if enough people join in time I will make this a 64 person tournament. But as of now it is a 32 person tournament.

And uh..... I'm tired now, I don't know why I decided to type this up at 3:00 in the morning...

If I missed anything or if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know =D

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Not saying this is failure or anything. But seriously, way too many tournaments.
We seriously need a limit or something, each month.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Hey, there might be many tourneys, but think about this. How many of those turn out successful? Not many, which this tourney is one of those which do succeed. They will die out eventually as other things bump them down. Anyways those tourneys should be over. The fact that WiFi has been stupid has kept them from finishing. My only problem are the stickies, Kinkeys Tourney has been up there longer than plan.

Sign me up Samusbrawler ^-^

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yes Barge makes a point, but like Shadow said those other tourneys should be finished by the time mine starts =D

Barge you joining or you gonna wait a bit?

I'll add the rest of you right now =D

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Oh and Samus...
Finish that tourney match. Plan to go to the chat in 30 minutes or so.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Not saying this is failure or anything. But seriously, way too many tournaments.
That's pretty much a good thing. Looks like all of them are going smooth. If you're in too many join at your own risk. If you've been known to not show that is.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
That idea got rejected, remember? =P

And I'd like to join this.

Yaya

Smash Champion
RAWR.

Your Fellow Canadian is here to kick some arse from all the way across the continent!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Ugh.... my internet went out, but now it works =D

Now I'll add everyone =D

TP

Smash Master
I'm new to the online tourney scene. I might as well start by seeing how good the "regulars" are. Sign me up. This should be fun.

What timezone are those deadlines based on?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm new to the online tourney scene. I might as well start by seeing how good the "regulars" are. Sign me up. This should be fun.

What timezone are those deadlines based on?
This schedule is in Eastern Time
Thanks for joining =D

I wanna join in the tourneys why doesn't my sig show?
I'm assuming you want to join lol

Almost 20 people in less than a day, I'd say that's pretty good =D

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I wanna join in the tourneys why doesn't my sig show?
Your sig won't show up until you've been a member for a certain amount of time (which I don't know, because they didn't have it when I joined :laugh:)

And I just realized that this is on my brothers birthday, so I don't know how available I'll be...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Alright Glyph I'll keep that in mind =D
And thanks for the sticky!

cba

Smash Master
im surprised i didnt know about this. anyway....my next tournament will be the week after this.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Added the both of you
Thanks for joining =D

Top Bottom