• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other Pokemon you want to see in Smash?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Grovyle from PMD is my most wanted Pokémon
However As for another trainer I would like to have Blue with :001::005::009:
As for Echo fighters for our current Pokémon I would like to have :026:, Mega Charizard X, Shadow Mewtwo
The easiest Pokémon to develop should be included as well :132:
As for other the rest I would be happy with :133::245:, Regigigas, Diancie, Deoxys, Rotom, Genesect, Magearna
what you talking about we have 90+ dittos on the roster already

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Bit of a shame that gen 9 has a very good chance of missing the boat when it comes to getting a rep in Smash. It's probably obvious that I love Meowscarada, and it would make such a great rep for the gen! A lot of people want there to be a Grass type that isn't part of Pokemon Trainer so it stands on its own, and Meowscarada would be so fun as a fast-and-agile fighter with powerful flower bombs.

Alternatively, I wonder if they'd wanna do Miraidon and Koraidon in a similar vein to Mythra and Pyra. That would also make for a great way to rep the gen!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Bit of a shame that gen 9 has a very good chance of missing the boat when it comes to getting a rep in Smash. It's probably obvious that I love Meowscarada, and it would make such a great rep for the gen! A lot of people want there to be a Grass type that isn't part of Pokemon Trainer so it stands on its own, and Meowscarada would be so fun as a fast-and-agile fighter with powerful flower bombs.

Alternatively, I wonder if they'd wanna do Miraidon and Koraidon in a similar vein to Mythra and Pyra. That would also make for a great way to rep the gen!
theres always the middle ground of cyclizar

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
You know who sounds fun? Donphan. Spinny spinny spinny! I guess we do have a very spin-heavy character in Sonic, and I love Sonic... but a slow, heavyweight take on a spin-heavy moveset with all the Ground moves Donphan could provide sounds really fun to me. Since Rapid Spin now boosts speed, maybe it could even have the gimmick that it gains temporary speed boosts upon using Rapid Spin.

UserKev

Smash Champion
You know who sounds fun? Donphan. Spinny spinny spinny! I guess we do have a very spin-heavy character in Sonic, and I love Sonic... but a slow, heavyweight take on a spin-heavy moveset with all the Ground moves Donphan could provide sounds really fun to me. Since Rapid Spin now boosts speed, maybe it could even have the gimmick that it gains temporary speed boosts upon using Rapid Spin.
On the topic of heavyweights, most of my Pokemon suggestions are more heavy or right in between. Like Mario, Fox and DK, I prefer hard hitters over characters that feel stealthy, weak and fragile.

Donphan would definitely hit like Dillon. Its wheeling would be a joy.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of heavyweights, Tyranitar has also piqued my interest. Not only do we get our first pseudo-legendary, we can essentially play as a Godzilla expy. I feel like they could also have a special gimmick that revolves around its Sand Stream ability.

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
Going through all 9 current gens, this is what I settled on:

Gen 1: Gengar
Gen 2: Scizor
Gen 3: Grovyle
Gen 4: Garchomp
Gen 5: Zoroark
Gen 6: Hawlucha
Gen 7: Decidueye
Gen 8: Toxtricity
Gen 9: Tinkaton

BlackSheepOfSmash

Smash Rookie
What about Dracovish? For Smash, do you think that Dracovish could be a good playable character for Smash or do you think it will feel or look any out of place? Why?

UserKev

Smash Champion
After given some thought, I've decided on my Pokemon Smash roster restricted to 12. I'm going off sheer uniqueness and creativity.

Magmar, Arcanine, Mr. Mime, Miltank, Aipom, Sudowoodo, Heracross, Scraggy, Cofagrigus, Mimikyu, Dhelmise, Flamigo.

Ngl, I squeezed a couple of my personal wants in while still perfectly neutral to the overall roster. Miltank would be all around fun to fight. Magmar's Recovery would work similarly to Dedede's. Extreme Speed would be Arcanine's Recovery. Sudoowodo would be the partially flexible fighter. Aipom's Recovery would work similarly to Ice Climbers. Scraggy would focus on mostly headbutting attacks. Dhelmise Recovery would imitate Link's hook shot. I'm also considering Mawile, Lickitung and Magearna as additions if I go for a Melee roster count.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Do you think that Gyarados might be a good fit for a playable fighter to join Smash?
Its currently difficult to imagine how Gyarados would work. Arbok would be better suited. I want Exeggutor in Smash, but I cannot imagine how it would grab on to any ledge, so burr.

BlackSheepOfSmash

Smash Rookie
Arbok would be better suited.
I thought that Arbok wasn’t popular or interesting enough to actually join Smash for a playable fighter. And besides, it should best be an NPC Poké Ball summon, or a fightable NPC common enemy or boss opponent or a collectable NPC trophy.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I thought that Arbok wasn’t popular or interesting enough to actually join Smash for a playable fighter. And besides, it should best be an NPC Poké Ball summon, or a fightable NPC common enemy or boss opponent or a collectable NPC trophy.
Gyarados is unworkable for Smash tho. It can be a boss, but playable character wise, I just can't see anything. What you stated about Arbok can easily apply to Gyarados.

We aren't really basing Pokemon off of popularity in this topic, but rather what unique play styles they would bring that would make them innovating.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Koraidon & Miraidon

Koraidon‘s run speed = 2.25 & ( air speed = 1.15 )
Koraidon’s down Special = Collision Course
Koraidon‘s Neutral Special = Reversal
Koraidon’s side Special = Body Press
Koraidon’s up Special = Acrobatics

Miraidon‘s run speed = 2.25 & ( air speed = 1.15 )
Miraidon’s side Special = Lightning Drive
Miraidon‘s Neutral Special = Dragon Pulse
Miraidon’s down Special = Discharge
Miraidon’s up Special = Acrobatics

Speaking of most wanted pokemon, I really want to see:
1. Garchomp - look at him, he is literally a pseudo-legendary pokemon and he has a lot of moveset potential (Like he would use dragon & ground type moves). Heck, his final smash would turn itself into Mega Garchomp and his moveset would be buffed for while. Also his design is great and he would be mid-heavyweight all around fighter (just like in Pokemon Unite).
(Oh, he would be also nowhere tall as Samus/Zero Suit Samus and he would the second tallest pokemon in the game)
2. Skeledirge - Another quadrupedal fighter and he would bring a lot of fire-type moves in the game. Plus we get another crocodile fighter after K. Rool. Also his singing skills would appear as one of special moves in his moveset.
3. Sceptile - He totally makes sense and a gen 3 rep in smash would be somewhat awesome idea. Also he would use a lot of grass type moves and his body type would be similar to Yoshi's due to being both a dinosaur-like creatures. Eat your heart out, Greninja.

GameArtist1993

Smash Cadet

I've got a Pokemon in mind; Zoroark!
Currently there are no Pokemon fighters that originated from Generation 5 so I'd reckon I go with Zoroark as it's a popular Pokemon not just in general, but alongside its pre-evolved form being the first Pokemon of their generation to be revealed with the movie that features both of and the three Generation 2 legendary Pokemon. Another note on why I chose Zoroark is its Illusion ability, it can only be activated once by activating any taunt button per battle and it lasts for 30 seconds with 1.25x damage multiplier.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

I've got a Pokemon in mind; Zoroark!
Currently there are no Pokemon fighters that originated from Generation 5 so I'd reckon I go with Zoroark as it's a popular Pokemon not just in general, but alongside its pre-evolved form being the first Pokemon of their generation to be revealed with the movie that features both of and the three Generation 2 legendary Pokemon. Another note on why I chose Zoroark is its Illusion ability, it can only be activated once by activating any taunt button per battle and it lasts for 30 seconds with 1.25x damage multiplier.
make it hisu zoroark and you got yourself a deal

UserKev

Smash Champion
I love Buzzwole o_o This guy has really won my heart. And I'm absolutely devastated I misjudged him at one point. He's an amazing Pokemon with a beaming personally and I would've loved his play style in Smash. Give him Power Up Punch priority and Leech Life as a slow hard hitter. If not a playable role, he'd make for a cool and interesting boss.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Additional Pokémon
Hattena: She would be fun to play as, she has great usage of psychic attacks and teleporting recovery and she is so cute
Overquil: A Pufferfish that’s very spiky and has both dark and poison attacks would be fun, also we get a Legends: Arceus rep
Tinkaton: She would be fun to play as, and she is a hammer user, giving her uniqueness to the cast
Scream Tail: If that doesn’t say Jigglypuff Echo, I don’t know what is

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Iron Valiant & Armarouge

Iron Valiant’s Specials ; Neutral = Moonblast , & , down = Spirit Break
Iron Valiant‘s Specials ; up = Aerial Ace , & , side = Close Combat
Armarouge’s Specials ; down = Flame-thrower , & , up = Flame Charge
Armarouge‘s Specials ; Neutral = Lava Plume , & , side = Psyshock

Top Bottom