• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other games?

debaser

Smash Lord
Goon Squad's right though, most games these days are rehashed ****. Makes the good ones stand out more.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
You seriously do not read. I'll even underline it for you. Hint: I am making a general statement about popular gaming. This is my main point:

So no, naming a couple of titles has nothing to do with anything. I never said there was nothing original. I never said I didn't enjoy anything since those consoles were released. I was saying that, overall, there has been a steep decline in originality and quality design. No **** there are some that exists, but they don't sell that well, which has prompted companies to abandon making them and to turn to making sequel after sequel.
yeah I guess you're right on that point. I was looking at it more of from a Nintendo fan's perspective. Nintendo's quality has been consistent, with little fluctuation generation after generation.

debaser

Smash Lord
anyone know what nintendo's last original franchise was? just out of curiosity.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
What do you mean by "last original franchise?" The way I read that is the latest released game developed by Nintendo that has a sequel.

debaser

Smash Lord
What do you mean by "last original franchise?" The way I read that is the latest released game developed by Nintendo that has a sequel.
I meant the last game they made that wasn't a sequel or a mash-up party game of old characters.

debaser

Smash Lord
Oh you mean Wii sports/fit and ****. I was thinking more of your traditional single player game with characters and plot and such.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Probably like Nintendogs or Wario Ware if those count. If not then my guess is Pikmin.

On an unrelated note, Katamari Damacy is amazing and I never get tired of it. If I have a stressful day at school, sometimes I'll come home and roll up junk for an hour to unwind. Awesome soundtrack too.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
I have too many that I could consider 'favorite', so I'll just mention a bunch that stood out to me lol.

Megaman (1-6, X-X4, BN1-4)
Seiken Densetsu 3
Touhou Series
Super Smash Bros. Series
Sonic The Hedgehog (1-3, A2)
Final Fantasy (1, 3, 7, 9, X, Tactics, CC)
DJMAX
Super Mario Bros. Series
The Legend of Zelda Series
Harvest Moon
Marvel vs Capcom (1-2)
Vigilante 8
Pokemon Silver
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Guilty Gear
BlazBlue
Bomberman 64
. . .
Screw it this is going to take forever :psycho:

Games I'm Currently Playing

Phantasy Star Portable
Pokemon Diamond
The Castle of Shikigami III
Half-Life 2

Games I'm Waiting On

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Guilty Gear XX:AC+
BlazBlue Console Version
Final Fantasy XIII
Touhou Seirensen
The King of Fighters XII

Lovage

Smash Hero
i have so many amazing rpgs and games from my childhood, but every time i try to get back to them i only get 1/3rd of the way through and stop for some reason
recent games i did this to

super mario RPG
majoras mask
FF: tactics (twice)
fallout 2
final fantasy 4
final fantasy 6
final fantasy 9

i need to learn to start a game and stick with it

Sleepy

Smash Ace
final fantasy tactics is one of my favorites along with super mario rpg.

FFVI was the last great of it's style, 5 was actually really good and underappreciated.

SO3 was pretty good to me despite horrible dubs and lines, I stopped playing sphere 211 or whatever at like floor 189, got lazy before I even got to ethereal queen (fraya)

have you guys played LBP yet I've been hearing it's worth every penny, I'll probably get it soon enough. Valkyria Chronicles is my personal favorite innovative style rpg/strategy, for now.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
have you guys played LBP yet I've been hearing it's worth every penny, I'll probably get it soon enough. Valkyria Chronicles is my personal favorite innovative style rpg/strategy, for now.
LBP is really good, there are a lot of amazing levels that people have made.
It's better when you have someone else to play with

I've been hearing alot of good things about Valkyria Chronicles, I'll probably pick it up sometime

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
im not really motivated to finish metroid prime 3

but i do have pikmin 2 and have never played it...
Metroid prime 3 pissed me off, it's just like brawl. They do everything in their power to stop people from playing the game different from what they intended. Sequence breaks were so good in MP1 and super metroid, kinda limited in MP2 and non existant in MP3 so i never want to replay it.

joeplicate

Smash Master
justin told me one time that you started playing stepmania

apparently, he said it helped your reflexes and you jumped on it haha

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
are you talking to me?

he mentioned it in a chat and i was asking him about it

now i want to play, but i haven't got the chance

joeplicate

Smash Master
oh, ok

well you're not missing a lot
there are a very small amount of good stepfiles, and there's a lot of anime theme songs or whatever else trash and a lot of overstepping, plus it takes up a lotttt of time to just maintain

mio

Smash Ace
well you're not missing a lot
there are a very small amount of good stepfiles, and there's a lot of anime theme songs or whatever else trash and a lot of overstepping, plus it takes up a lotttt of time to just maintain
There are thousands upon thousands of good simfiles, you just have to know where to look.

http://bemanistyle.com/
http://hosted.filefront.com/Simfilez/1654385

It doesn't necessarily increase your reflexes for smash though; I mean I **** stepmania/ddr pretty hard and my reflexes are average at best in Melee.

Top Bottom