• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other communities and FOX & U-smashing the Ledge :D

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah i can't fight lucas at all though... seriously a small character is like the bane of my existence i cant fight them at all.

i do better against pikachu that ness or lucas despite the fact pikachu is small AND OUR WORST MATCH UP

C8T

Smash Rookie
oh noez! Sheik is da worst match-up her f-tilt ***** us! Sheik scares meh :O .

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, he has 2 good moves on the ground? Wow. Amazing. Very appliable everywhere.

Fox has 2 BAD moves on his ground moves - DTilt and Dash Attack.
have you ever heard of "examples"?
those are his two best, i was naming them for "examples"
most likely his only BAD ground move is his grab.

jab and ftilt: range and priority. jab comes out in 2 frames, i think?
dtilt: trips and has is fast, not much range but if the opponent trips that gives us a free fsmash which can kill relatively early.
utilt: all i really use it for is to combo after a dthrow. free 15%, can be used up to mid percent on heavies.
fsmash: good kill power.
dsmash: i don't use this much, actually, but it would be good for punishing spot dodgers or ledge guarding.
usmash: beats out some ledge attacks, can kill at around 60% i think?
grab: suuuuuucks. pivot grab is a lot faster and a much safer option.
dthrow: kills at high percents.
bthrow: also kills near the ledge at mid-high percents.
fthrow: i don't use it. :/ probably kills near the ledge as well.
uthrow: most likely his worse throw. i know of no use for this one.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Ok, its like this. If he does bstick pkfire, you cant punish him, or shine it. So basically you are forced to power shield. Then he can nair which eats up your shield, hard to punish sometimes, and leads to other moves. You can't laser because it heals him a lot. He's a shorter character so fair approaches don't all hit. Jab is great cuz of its ******** hitbox and being fast. Fsmash kills early. His up b can hit you when you recovery so that it pushes you away. ******** pk aeirals allow him to get back. Its nothing unwinnable, but fox has to play a little smarter.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
what he said.
it's not like i'm saying lucas completely ***** him.
i'm saying it's slightly in lucas' favor.

and you can wavebounce pk fires without the b stick.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
awesome.

hardest part will be remembering the chars to do it on.

you forget, and get punished hard lol

C8T

Smash Rookie
Im not sure about U-smashing the ledge. There probably better options like maybe you can spike with d-tilt, or use d-smash since its easier and its quicker, or how about an f-tilt that is tilted downward? (Im asking this cause im waiting for nintendo to fix mah wii)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
awesome.

hardest part will be remembering the chars to do it on.

you forget, and get punished hard lol

Or you try during your opponents invinci-frames and get punished hard...

Keep in mind that this tech is incredibly situational... as it's so easy to drop off the ledge and punish the usmash with something that could potentially kill you...

Not that I'm saying this isn't a good thing to know... I'm just saying that this should be taken incredibly carefully...

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I saw this thread and decided to dig up the thread Amazing Ampharos made on character ledge hanging height.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231480

Also
I saw a comment about Bowser's Matchup with Fox a few pages back, the Bowser boards are optimistic, almost every matchup they have is pretty much 60-40 against them, except for a few (DDD, Diddy, and IC, and possibly Ness, due to the PK Fire ****** Bowser). The way the Bowser boards think is this - we'll get comboed to 70%, but we live to 140%, can hold the opponent back with Ftilt/whatever, can abuse UpB out of shield, the opponent is lighter than us, and we can klaw suicide. The problem is that Bowser gets gimped somewhat easily, is camped very easily, has no/very little disjointedness and is a huge target. The Bowser boards need to take this into consideration a bit more, which they don't do now. So consider any matchup with Bowser 60-40 your favor, since your probably right.

Jenkins

Smash Lord

Keep in mind that this tech is incredibly situational... as it's so easy to drop off the ledge and punish the usmash with something that could potentially kill you...

Not that I'm saying this isn't a good thing to know... I'm just saying that this should be taken incredibly carefully...
oh of course lol.

dont go throwing this out there randomly people

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Im not sure about U-smashing the ledge. There probably better options like maybe you can spike with d-tilt, or use d-smash since its easier and its quicker, or how about an f-tilt that is tilted downward? (Im asking this cause im waiting for nintendo to fix mah wii)

oh of course lol.

dont go throwing this out there randomly people
Yea this definitly should be known but it should be used for those players who think just hanging from the ledge for more than a second is safe, cuz it's not. Once someone hangs off that ledge read the invinci-frames and if they dont wanna move throw it out there, preferably at low percents. you dont wanna risk your stock so make sure if you get hit that you really dont go no where.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Air grab release into SH Dair(>Jab)>grab repeat, but after the first time you do that the wario is going to force a ground break.

TKD

Smash Lord
All of these numbers, except Falco, Marth and Pikachu should be better for Fox. You'll see in the future! n_n
Fox has tons, tons, tons, tons!! Of untapped potential! I'll need your help for this guys.

Fox has 2 BAD moves on his ground moves - DTilt and Dash Attack.
Dash attack's bad? OH MY GOD. You've never juggled.

Top Bottom