• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[OST] Finally! Original Brawl OST ripped!

GCNico

Smash Rookie
How do i do this is what i Ask

Can you please encode the mp3s at a higher quality than just 128 kbps? If nothing else, at least 320 kbps would be fine.

I don't want to be picky, but there are a lot of people who would be extremely disappointed if this rip wasn't of a higher quality than what's just considered standard nowadays.
That would be nice but how would I go along the lines of Converting the .BRSTM Files to mp3 my self. Because this goes along the lines of that old quote "give a man a fish and he is good for a day, Teach a man to Convert .BRSTM files to mp3 and he wont bug you any more for you to do it for him" and any way you could just go ahead chose what kbps you want. Right?

DarthBuckets

Smash Rookie
Get the following:
Winamp
in_cube.dll plug-in that plays brstm files - http://www.hcs64.com/in_cube.html
File Writer Plug-in - http://home.hccnet.nl/th.v.d.gronde/dev/filewrite/index.html

The in_cube will allow Winamp to read brstm files. The output plug-in will save the output as new files in the quality and filetype of your choosing.

I downloaded the source brstm files and used this method to create 320kbps. It's kind of wasteful since the source music is not that high quality, but I wanted to be consistent with my music library.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
That would be nice but how would I go along the lines of Converting the .BRSTM Files to mp3 my self. Because this goes along the lines of that old quote "give a man a fish and he is good for a day, Teach a man to Convert .BRSTM files to mp3 and he wont bug you any more for you to do it for him" and any way you could just go ahead chose what kbps you want. Right?
Yea, Brawl's BGM are compressed at 128kbit.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Does this include the 25 "hidden" soundtracks that someone found?
As I already stated in another thread, the 25 "hidden" tracks aren't realy left on the disk but their pointers (pointing to NULL tho).
So these tracks are just guesses derived from the names of their pointers.
Mostly originals from the representing game or remixes found somewhere on the Net.

Iraku

Smash Cadet
I must say, you did an incredible job putting all of this together. Only issues I've seen noticeable is that K01 - Mother 3 - Snowman isn't from Mother 3 (although, when I downloaded the OST, it was corrected), and I never found the second song from the SSBM Onett stage. Even then, will all this music, it's amazing that someone put the time to put all of this together~

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
wow! I have never been across this thread, it sure is useful since I can finally get the Legend of Zelda themes and victory themes

Mit

Smash Ace
Sorry to necro this, figure it's an important thread anyways, but

Has anyone made any nice album artwork for this soundtrack? I've seen a few that are just basically compressed versions of the Brawl boxart, but I'm looking for something a bit more... epic.

I actually just want a nice, high-res version of the image in the Brawl intro showing all of the characters looking out at the sunset over the ocean with the logo overhead. Anyone know where I could find that?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Sorry to necro this, figure it's an important thread anyways, but

Has anyone made any nice album artwork for this soundtrack? I've seen a few that are just basically compressed versions of the Brawl boxart, but I'm looking for something a bit more... epic.

I actually just want a nice, high-res version of the image in the Brawl intro showing all of the characters looking out at the sunset over the ocean with the logo overhead. Anyone know where I could find that?
Try screenshotting it from the game yourself.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Maybe someone can help me here.

There is a file that you can add to the Brawl Music directory which would name all the songs. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Any idea what this is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_A_sNE8GVo
Seems to be a lost intro theme.
Introduction music to Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, removed because of potential copyright infringement. The creator of the theme was accused of borrowing many elements from a Russian composer's work from the 1970s, which is why the theme was not used in MGS4, Brawl, or any games of the sort, because charges would be pressed otherwise.

Mit

Smash Ace
Well actually, they weren't in any imminent danger about the MGS theme (they were never contacted by the composer of the similar song), but they discovered they could be, so they decided to play it safe and quit using the theme in future games. Sucks, because the MGS theme whoops ***.

Anyhow
Darkurai said:
Try screenshotting it from the game yourself.
I'd love to, and would have already if I had the equipment to do so. Unfortunately, Brawl does not let you screenshot any part of the game you please, so I am SOL.

Also, this is the picture I'm looking for:

Only in a good, clear resolution.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If it's anything I made this, in like 20 seconds in Photochop.

Nothing special, but I like it.

Mit

Smash Ace
Bah, as I said, looking for something with all the characters in it. I managed to get a halfway decent snap of it from a high-quality video on YouTube, but it still sucks pretty bad. If anyone can use their fancy recording equipment to get me a screenshot of that part of the introduction video, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Mit

Smash Ace
Well I went ahead and just took a screen from a high quality Youtube video of the intro, although I'm trying to contact the uploader of the video to get a full quality screenshot. This is what I came up with though:

Feel free to use it. I'll be sure to post a better quality version if I happen across a better screenshot.

Also, if the sharp logo doesn't look right with the blurry characters, this album art looks fine when displayed in smaller resolutions, like what you'd see in a media player or on an MP3 player.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That actually does look pretty cool.

I like mine better though. :p

SuperKirbyFan

Smash Rookie
I know this is an old thread, but I could use some help here. I downloaded the first half with the filefront link, and it was fine. Then with the second half, I click "download now", it loads the page, but won't download it, and goes back to the first page on its own. There's a link that says click here if it won't download, but clicking on it does nothing. I could REALLY use some help here, I've been searching for the brawl OST ever since the game was released, and its been problems every step of the way.

miceblue

Smash Rookie
Is there a lossless version of this soundtrack?

I would prefer the FLAC format, but with any lossless format I can convert to any other file format.

I found a link to a bunch of .rar files and it amounts to 5GB of data, but from the sound of it it doesn't sound like it was actually ripped in a lossless format, but rather converted to FLAC from a lossy format like .mp3....which is definitely not the same.

Top Bottom