• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OryaN's Highlight Reel (SSBB MLG Film Festival)

Oryan

Smash Apprentice

Here is a little background information on me...

I'll be honest, I've never touched a fighting game until Smash. I've never touched smash until a month ago. Thats right, I never played 64 or Melee, just watched a bunch of my friends at college play in their dorms. It seemed like fun, so I thought I might aswell give it a try when brawl came out. Lemme tell ya, I was instantly hooked.

Being a video editor, It only came natural to make a montage showing my skills. Sadly, my skills weren't as good as the standards out when i first started playing. I began practicing every day until I had a firm grasp on most situations and styles.

I went to a few local tourneys and capped footage there, I sifted through all my matches and these clips are the ones I came up with.

Anyways with that said, I hope you enjoy the video and its editing. It took a lot of hard work and a bunch of trail and error graphics work. I've been editing videos for awhile, mainly fps, so it was kinda difficult editing a fighting video in the same aspect but i believe this turned out quite well.

*SIDENOTE*
This video won me both community choice ($500) and MLG top 5 ($1000) for their film festival contests. Wooo $1500 in my pocket :D

::WAYS OF VIEWING::

*STREAM* LQ - http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/HT1pJOsulpkuxU.html
*STREAM* LQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25r9no0R4uQ&fmt=18
*DOWNLOAD* HQ - http://files.filefront.com/OryaNHighlightReelmov/;10131195;/fileinfo.html
*DOWNLOAD* HQ - http://ioryan.com/videos/index.php?dir=Super Smash Bros Brawl/&file=OryaNHighlightReel.mov

Remember, I've been only playing for 1month!

INFO on the VIDEO:

Tools used:
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Photoshop
Final Cut

Music:
Celldweller - Symbiont

-OryaN

Rudoso

Smash Rookie
You're pretty good to be playing only 1 month. Congrats on developing a good style of play.

And I have to say that the editing part of your video rulez the world, very good job.

JCav

Smash Lord
wow, one month and ur that good? ur better than me and ive played since 64, so yeah nice vids

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the compliments everyone... as for my style of play, i gotta admit, I got a lot of good people in my area that taught me a lot of the things I do. (aka UNF gameroom)

jngamer

Smash Cadet
OMFG!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! A PROFFESIONAL BRAWL AND A PRO VIDEO EDITOR!!! Where did you learn how to do those effects? Can you show me where, im interested in learning the effects having those programs same as you. GOOD MONTAGE!

Would you also mind sending me a copy of the video? thanks

Prax

Smash Journeyman
This is probably the best put together brawl video yet. Great job, you're better than me and I've been playing since 2003 (though I only discovered smashboards about a year ago.)

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
You should go into the moving making business with your awesome effects in that video. Really good job I wouldn't be surprised if people wanted you to edit there combo videos for now on haha.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Holy **** that editing was ****ing amazing. That was without a doubt the most well made Brawl video, I have ever seen. You playing was very good too, especially for only a month, but the editing!

WOW!
That was very impressive, take it from someone who goes to school for that stuff. (kinda)

sidefx

Smash Champion
wow.. i really wasnt expecting that at all.. hahaha really really good editing, put everyone elses to shame.

good luck in the competition =D i need to hit you up on aim, i need you to shine some light on a couple things for me

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
The excellent video editing turned what would've been some above-average play footage into an amazing montage vid. Great work!

Hope to see more in the future.

-GK

Sumtime

Smash Cadet
OMFG I hate you! I was going to use this song in my one-day combo video!!!! GRR >=(

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
The editing was so amazing! The gameplay wasn't bad. Keep it up and I hope you make more.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Thank you. I thought DBR's video was the best until I saw yours and now I can't decide which is better so thank you very much for making this difficult.

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
Thanks everyone again for the compliments. As for making more videos, I plan on making another one soon. It will be showcasing all the players that go to my college (UNF).

-OryaN

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
My god, it's short but it's straight to the point. You show quite the skills and you're editing... Well, I guess I can't say anything else but 'maximum sweetness'. That shot of Marth finishing Dedede is hilarious and the 'Estimating Farore's Wind Position' effect is also very nice. Too bad that it's so short, but I can say it's a **** good start.

Cero

Smash Lord
holy carp!!!
it felt like I was watching a full-length CGI movie or something
and your playing skills are PHENOMENAL considering you've only been playing for a month!...
keep up the good work Oryan :)

Oryan

Smash Apprentice

lilo

Smash Cadet
Excellent editing and although it was only a few clips, that was highly impressive :)

To the other commenter's, have you never watched a counter-stirke "montage" before? Or even a decent Halo montage? This quality is about on par if not a little better :) Common, but still very enjoyable ;)

10/10

Mizar

Smash Ace
I'd say a f-ing 10 for the editing and an 8 for overall gameplay
Seriously, one of the best vids at this moment

Top Bottom