• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orlando Megacon Convention Feb 16-18

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering who was going to go , I know theres some TV's and some cubes there with Smash, It can be like a 3 day smash, I know last year I saw Sighrax and UUAA , I heard DarlFalcion was there and dipped because he didnt see anyone good lol, but Iam going with my boy Syko and My Boy Reggie ( samus ). If anything after the convention we can smash at the Hotel. Let me know guys.

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
I might go. I got a few friends who were going to attend, but decided against it since I wasn't. 45 bucks is alot for a con.

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
It's an Anime/Comic Book convention. It's not free to enter the venue, but the tourny will prob be free. They had various videogame tournys there for the last few years, someitmes the rules are jacked up though.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
sorry man the only reason i went last time was because of some dumb ***** i was dating :urg:

You guys gotta smash up in palm beach thuogh man -_- come to vortex or at least zeroping

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'll probably be down there again sheikfreak (I was the random decent peach/samus player that no one had heard of, if anyone remembers) and I'm definitely down for some smashing, whether it be at the venue or somewhere where there aren't a bajillion noobs clamoring for ffa on temple. This time I have a bit more fox experience too, so maybe I won't get manhandled by syko.

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah dude i remember you, well most likely your going to see us again, we got like wayy better than last time, so hopefully you did as well, About the megacon, yes to enter the animeconvention its 45 per 3 days, so if your into anime and like playing video games, you can go and play smash and check out the convention, The rules last year for the tournament were BattleField ( they didnt have final D or any other lvls) with 4 stocks, that was pritty much it, last year it was really bad, no good people came, some decent people but nothing to wow, only good people there that we fought were UUAA but that about it, sighrax was there, but he was beginning to play competetive i think , now hes a beast, but yeah , DarkFalchion really good people are going, you probably dont remember, but on of Mavericks Tournaments that he did at his house, I was the shiek who beat you and placed you in the loosing brackets, not to sound like an ******* but besides that I dont think you ll remember me , we havent seen each other since. But yeah, My shiek/falco and my boy Syk0 fox/roy and reggX samus are really good, hopefully you can attend and your friends as well. Hope to see you there.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I stopped going to anime conventions once I stopped making AMVs. I'd like to get back into it, but smash has kind of taken over all my freetime/desire to edit videos. :ohwell:

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Yo DF, you mind if I get some serious marth practice at this one? I really gotta figure out ness vs marth a lot more, and since the tourney rules are prolly gonna be hella stupid this would be the best place to get a good amount of friendlies in :p

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm sure that arrangements can be made to hang out in someone's hotel room or somthing for some real smash. I'd volunteer, but I'm pretty sure I'll be staying at my roommate's bro's place, and I don't want to drag a bajillion people over there out of nowhere. Besides, it's kinda out of the way (practically next to gigabits).

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey DarkFalchion your on dude! iam pritty sure your marth got beter but I can garantee my shiek got way better but hahaha its all good, $10 is good for me. Hopefully I ll get to see alot more good smashers there.

Also we have 3 hotel rooms, and iam pritty sure I can fit like 5 to 10 people, we can take like 2 cubes and play at my hotel, but ill confirm that when its closer to the time.

shoshone

Smash Ace
****, sheikfreak, I havent played smash in a long time. I've been playing Gears of War chainsawing people. Maybe over the break I should go over and get my *** kicked at smash again, lol.

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
lol , you shoud pass by dude, its always cool to play some new people in smash, just send me a pm or halla at me in msn, peace.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Just bumpin' this up. Whats the deal here? Smash at anime conventions (from what I understand) tends to be not so good, poor comp, poor rule sets...

How was it last time?

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
Just bumpin' this up. Whats the deal here? Smash at anime conventions (from what I understand) tends to be not so good, poor comp, poor rule sets...

How was it last time?

well the actually tournament sucked, nobody good, with very few exceptions but hopefully this year will be different, besides that, you can play until you want, i think we were playing free for all, and the first 2 people out if there was a huge group that wanted to play , then winner stays in. Either way I allready rented 3 hotel rooms in Orlando and I get really good people go to , we can chill and play at the hotel room. Just waiting to get closer to the date a little.

But I understand where your coming from, Smash at anime conventions are w.e. but if you like anime and **** and just want to pass by to play some smash you can.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Smash at conventions usually sucks, but you CAN meet noobs there, reference them to this site, and help the Florida community grow some. (Hopefully those people you show this site to get better.)

Pritch

Smash Lord
So, I'm still planning on being at this. Who else is gonna be there? We should post up and/or PM some phone numbers so we can get together somewhere to smash (I have no cell phone or I'd put up mine, but I can borrow phones to call other people if I know numbers).

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
So, I'm still planning on being at this. Who else is gonna be there? We should post up and/or PM some phone numbers so we can get together somewhere to smash (I have no cell phone or I'd put up mine, but I can borrow phones to call other people if I know numbers).
Same here, no cell phone. my guess is we'll prolly run across each other at SOME point, especially if there is any video game area in the place

Pritch

Smash Lord
Yo DF, you mind if I get some serious marth practice at this one? I really gotta figure out ness vs marth a lot more, and since the tourney rules are prolly gonna be hella stupid this would be the best place to get a good amount of friendlies in :p
I would also like some marth practice, btw, for all the reasons stated above. This goes for skratch if he's gonna be around too.

EDIT: Heh, oops. Double post ftl.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
idk if i want to go to this anymore...i kinda lost my thing for animes...animes are pretty weak now...and too many of the people that are into anime are so gay/weird/ geeks/ nerds/ losers....why cant normal people like anime....ofcourse not everybody is like this....but just look around a couple times at an anime convention and you'll know what im talking about...well..im either going to megacon or to Z:p ranbat...for some REAL SMASH...peace

-hiroshi

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
idk if i want to go to this anymore...i kinda lost my thing for animes...animes are pretty weak now...and too many of the people that are into anime are so gay/weird/ geeks/ nerds/ losers....why cant normal people like anime....ofcourse not everybody is like this....but just look around a couple times at an anime convention and you'll know what im talking about...well..im either going to megacon or to Z:p ranbat...for some REAL SMASH...peace

-hiroshi
honestly if you aren't into anime anymore go to Z:p ranbat for sure

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Mmm... I think Zone and I are going to this?... he mentioned some smash tourney going on saterday... *shrugs* I'm busy friday night with the alpha turn in for my game project, but saterday I should be free to meet up with people and get some matches in, god knows I need the practice.

Give me a call if any thing happens guys. 860 944 9799

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I went friday, they had one GC set up with 3 person FFA's going on. Not really worh it :/

Neo Samurai

Smash Rookie
Just got back from Megacon. I met Hiroshi there. Yo dude, nice meeting you. I was rockin for a bit with my pink doc, and people just love to try and ruin your day. Some one got all on my case because i said "I never plan on losing" which i said not to be egotistical but more as though I happen to be a big fan of trying. Who plays a competetive game planning on losing? For some reason he must have heard it as "I am the greatest smash player ever" and tried to get me to money match him. I said no because I'm not pro level and he probably was. Another guy got pissed because I beat him even though it was a close fight between the two of us 2 stocks each. He might have been having a bad day I dont know, but I went to shake his hand and said good game he just walked away saying "no it wasn't." The guy even earlier said he prefers fighting games to smash. Sheesh, people need to lighten up. Overall it was still good fun. Tournament is tomorrow, registration I think is at 10, and I think the tourney itself runs from 1130 to 130. Its FFA 4 player. I wont be able to make it since im gonna spend some time with my family before I go back to Tallahassee. Good luck to anyone entering tomorrow.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
HIROSHI'S WALKTHROUGH OF A SATURDAY AT MEGACON!!!!!

aight...i guess i'll post some ****...i got to megacon at around 1,30'ish....pretty late but i didnt get up until like 11:30- 12:00'ish...so yeah....i walked around a bit looking for some swords....but realized i didnt want to spend money...so i went straight to the gaming area...i found the smash set-up and ofcourse they were playing ffa with no good people....'oh wellz" i said as i stood behind a chair waiting for my turn to play...asi was standing i was calling out sheikfreaks name to see if he was there....nobody answered...i then asked if anybody knew about smashboards...thats when neo samurai said he did...and dats how we met...i also spoke wit some others who said they knew about it but barely went there...i spoke with some dude who said he played with darrel (fenrir)...fenrir is supposedly his teacher...wel..fenrir is the person that showed him advcned stuff...anyways...i ended up playing..i picked shiek and we were brought to big blue...i got 4 stocked in like 2 mins...while everybody else had like 3 stock left...it was embarrasing..thats why i dont do ffa's and thats why big blue is banned i exclamined..i then asked anybody who doubted my skill to $10 MM in a 1v1 ...nobody agreed...as soon as i stand...pritch calls my name..i turn to realize that pritch was standing like 5 feet from me..so we started to hang...i called out shiekfreaks name again to see if he was there and one of his boys happened to be there...he then called sheikfreak and asked him to come down...sheikfreak finally arrives and we started talking...he plays and wins his ffa and then i get in next game...the ffa consisted of me, sheikfreak, some luigi player that wouldnt die, and a fox...we play the game out normalyy...but we were both kinda subconciously avoiding each other...evetually it came down to me, sheik, and the luigi, we both subconciously double teamed the luigi to get him otu of the way...when the luigi finally died...sheik had 1 stock to my 2...so i killed myself to make it a fair 1v1....we both had 0 percent..and it was on dreamland...this was the only real smash segment i had...after a close call of me dieing at like 120%...i managed to reurn to the stage by up+b'ing up instead of into the stage which burned sheik off the edge...i then slapped hiom into the stage...did some tilt combo and faired for game....we both got up, shook hands, and i finally got to play sheikfreak..albiet it was a gay 1v1 which really didnt prove anything...he then left to chill with friends and me and pritch went to pizza hut to get some food...since the convention center obviously chargsed ridiculous prices...$10 bux for a double stack burger...hell no...when we get back they end up turning off the game setups so we do some last minute walking around b4 they close the convention for the day...thats when pritch spots the most broken shirt ever in one of the stands...we both by the shirt immediately since it was too broken too pass up...i wont spoil the shirt since we will both be wearing the shirts during the next giga...we leave and end up treakking back to my house to get a r/f switch the sheik needed to play smash in his room..the we went to walmart so that pritch could buy a r/f switch of his own since he needed one himself and since there was gonna b more than one tv..we figured we would need more than 1 switch...we get to pritchs hotel room..and start smashing...we just played in anticipation of sheikfreaks call so that we could go over to his hotle and smash with the miami guys...i got some hella peach training i must say...thank you pritch for that one...also...i learned that peach completely bends pika over and commences the enlargement of pikas a$$hole...and peach is a female...thats how bad it is....we find out that sheikfreak and his boys picked up some gurls and were going to go to an after party..so me and pritch decided to call it a day....so much for sheikfreak having like 3 rooms and all these tvs....WE COULDNT EVEN PLAY THEM!!!...oh wellz...thats what happened yeserday...atleast from my perspective.....peace

-hiroshi

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
HIROSHI'S WALKTHROUGH OF A SATURDAY AT MEGACON!!!!!

i spoke with some dude who said he played with darrel (fenrir)...fenrir is supposedly his teacher...wel..fenrir is the person that showed him advcned stuff

Geez, I'm really getting a reputation, aren't i? that's pretty crazy, although I think I know who you're talking about...

Fenrir, the man, the myth, the legend...

He's been the gimp master. He's been a god with fox (not my words, mind you). Hes been a mentor, a teacher. He's switched to....Link?!?!

nevermind.

lol

Pretty cool, though.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Yeah, chilling with hiroshi was good ****, though it sucked that we never got up with the miami guys. I entered the tournament sunday (was pretty much the only tournament regular who did) and got knocked out in the semis thanks to the ridiculously ******** ruleset they had (3 minute time limit makes it kinda inevitable that a peach ditto will go to sudden death, which I didn't want, so I went sheik and ****ed up a couple of times too many. Whatever, prize support was ***) Did get to play a bit of teams with the only other good person there, which was kinda amusing. All in all though, convention smash still sucks.

Top Bottom