• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ORLANDO, FL!!! Smashy New Year Melee + Brawl Prism Tournament

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I wouldn't be surprised. You'd probably laugh at everyone.

We are teaming btw.

Here is the UPDATED LIST OF EVENTS!!!

Melee Singles
Brawl Lightning Mode
Melee Doubles
Brawl Random Doubles
Melee FFA (Items)
Bowser Challenge
Brawl FFA
Melee Slo-Mo

I will probably be holding 2 events at a time, to keep things going as fast as possible.

I will already have two melee and two brawl setups if everything goes according to plan.

If someone wants to bring a TV + melee or brawl, that'd be great.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
it's funny since i only expected local UCF people with nothing better to do to come.

maybe the idea of Prism Tournaments will catch on!

go go gadget THREAD TITLE EDITOR!!!!

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised. You'd probably laugh at everyone.

We are teaming btw.

Here is the UPDATED LIST OF EVENTS!!!

Melee Singles
Brawl Lightning Mode
Melee Doubles
Brawl Random Doubles
Melee FFA (Items)
Bowser Challenge
Brawl FFA
Melee Slo-Mo

I will probably be holding 2 events at a time, to keep things going as fast as possible.

I will already have two melee and two brawl setups if everything goes according to plan.

If someone wants to bring a TV + melee or brawl, that'd be great.
Man, I really wanna come now but I don't think I can anymore.:ohwell:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I am pretty sure that I am going to allow more stages, or all stages.

Especially in the doubles and free-for-all events.

Singles I might only ban huge stages, and only if someone is seriously trying to run away the whole time.

If anyone is caught playing like a cUUnt, I will literally throw them out with no refund!!! :):):)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I would if I could get a second setup with the same or very similar mods.

But one setup would only work if there was < 10 people.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
All seeding will be done by drawing numbered cards out of a bag.

There will be two cards for each number, and that is how I will place people into the brackets.

Since the tournament is not for seriousness, seeding one person against another in the same crew is going to be allowed.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Get triple posted

All seeding will be done by drawing numbered cards out of a bag.

There will be two cards for each number, and that is how I will place people into the brackets.

Since the tournament is not for seriousness, seeding one person against another in the same crew is going to be allowed.
Why don't you just do it on tio on Alvin's laptop

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Colin U Better Bring My Grey N64 Controller To This And Leave It There. It Better Have A Good Joystick Too Because The One I Gave U Did.

:)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Colin's not going to this.

Anyway, I don't like the way seeding works on a laptop. Even though it's totally random, it's not as fun.

People seeding themselves by drawing their bracket position out of a hat is much more exciting.

Also, is Melbourne still planning on taking a car to this?

Finch

Smash Lord
I won't be in orlando until friday :(

Luckily I will be getting drunk and hanging out in a condo on a beach with my friends instead. Have a fun New Years nerds ;)

I'll see you guys when I get back. I haven't played melee at all since the beginning of december so I need serious practice for linguini's.

Vijin

Smash Ace
K, No Dguy and No Hazard. Blah.
SO I guess it's Me, A-L, RFX, Desert King and hopefully Corey.
Who all is gonna show up besides Melbourne? If there's a few we'll come but there's not much point in driving if we're only going to be playing most of our own crew:( Also, if we do come, it's going to be at around 12:00 because RFX doesn't get off work until 11.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't know what I'm doing tonight so I'll definitely come chill for a while until I find somewhere to go get drunk.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
@vijinnnn: Me, andy, ryan, garbanzo, and frames are all supposed to be here, and zoro said he'd come for a while.

I'm going to call raistlin and darksonic right now

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
40 people showed up.

Angry lobster won every event.

He walked home with over $1,000.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
40 people showed up.

Angry lobster won every event.

He walked home with over $1,000.
Did he really? I can believe he won everything, but the $1000 seems like a bit of an exaggeration...

Sorry I didn't make it, I had plans that ended up getting canceled on me anyway because some of my friends are stupid. Sometimes.

SpazDude

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, my name's Nick and I just moved to Orlando from Louisiana. I'll be here 'til May, working for Disney World. I'm not sure where to go on Smashboards to meet the most local smashers, but y'all seem to know a good number of players. I've been playing melee for a good few years now. I use the "advanced techniques" like wavedashing, L-cancelling, etc. and I seldomly play Brawl. I'd love to meet some local smashers and get a regular place/group to play with. As soon as I find out what my work schedule is like, I'll pass it on to you. If there is a particular place to post for meeting other players, please let me know.

Thanks,
SpazDude (Nick)

Top Bottom