• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Orlando, FL] Otronicon is here! And better than ever. 1/14 - 1/17

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
If you get a flyer from play n trade you get a buy one get one free for your con entry fee. Do this! The con entry fee is $17 it seems.. If you bring in your wii they told me they will waive your con entry fee for ALL DAYS. Sorry for the late update I'm at the science center now on my iPod talking to the staff.

There is a play n trade in Oviedo out near NLL I know that has the discount flier. I'll post more updates from todays meeting. They need to stick to what I originally mapped out... argh.

chino0814

Smash Cadet
WE'RE OUT LOOKING FOR ALL THE BEST BRAWLERS OUT IN FLORIDA TO FIND OUT WHICH PLAYER RISES TO THE TOP . ONLY THE TOP 3 WILL WIN PRIZES (IF WE HAVE MORE THAN 30 PEOPLE ATTENDING, ANY LESS THAN THAT, ONLY 1ST PLAYER WILL WIN THE WHOLE POT PRIZE).
PLACE-KISSIMMEE & ORLANDO, FL
WHEN- TO BE ANNOUNCED, BETWEEN 1/16/2011 THRU 1/30/2011.

DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO REACH THE TOP OF ALL FLORIDA SMASHERS?

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND LETS GET THIS STARTED ASAP!!! YA DIGG!
1V1 BRAWL
NAMES ON THE LIST WILL BE 10 DOLLARS -PER PERSON. 15- AT DOOR
Singles and Doubles Stock: 3 per player ( Share stock is allowed)
Time: 8 Minutes
Items: None
Stages: Neutral Stages ONLY (unless both players agree to play on a certain stage), counterpicking stages is allowed, you may pick the same stage twice. There is no stage striking you will choose random for your first match (unless both players agree to play on a certain stage)
Neutral Stages: Final Destination Smashville Battlefield Yoshi Island Lylat Cruise
Counterpicks: Pokemon Stadium 1 DelfinoPlaza Castle Siege Frigate Orpheon Halberd Rainbow Cruise Brinstar FOR WHATEVER EXCUSE THAT YOU CANNOT MAKE IT--- POST IT UP AND WE WILL ALL FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HOPE TO SEE MANY OF YOU FL BRAWLERS SOON!

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Alright. The entry fee to the con apparently is $17, and they put the schedule on their website having the smash events on Sat/Sun. So you guys don't have to pay for three days I'm going to go with their schedule that they posted (thatt they posted without reading the minutes to the meeting on 12/10/10, booo).

sorry, sorry, SORRY for this late update/bomshell/bull%#^@ etc. This was out of my control. So read the original post! I have edited it with the times of the events and we're going to have 8 stations to play on. We HAVE to be ON TIME in this event, it's important if we want to have double elim! They spoke of changing the rules to make it go by faster but I was able to stop them from doing that. I'd be pretty pissed if they did that to me... lol.

SO:

• No change in rules
  • Change in schedule
  • Change in price (cash prizes though)
  • Buy 1 day get the next free w/ a play n trade flyer

Toneh

Smash Lord
I'm predicting I'll get top 30 at this.

There is another catch, I dont think you can use your own controllers =/.
It'd be easy if they gave you a sticker if you brought one or something.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Eh, same day tourney works better in the long run imo. I think just a confirmation on the payout would be nice.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
I believe Orlando Science Center only gets 20% of the pool, the rest of the 80% goes back to the gamers. The exact % I couldn't get. I was talking to too many people tonight. I make $0 on this event, I do this for fun so I think I can say this with some credibility - You definitely want to go to this event. Yeah it looks shady with the whole last minute change thing, but that can be in part my fault. I didn't keep the cattle-prod on them to make sure it goes on my schedule but to be honest I think this new schedule makes more sense.

Anyhow, I'll stop rambling. I'll see you guys this weekend!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
So, if we bring a wii it's free entrance to the con.

And its 10 for brawl?

and ten for guitar hero.....

*thinks to himself*

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
I came back to FL on dec 3rd lol xD. been inactive cuz of work and all =/
im missin work on sat for this xD

thank god my dad is the owner :l

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Wait, do we get our con fee waived if we bring a tv and a CUBE(not a wii) for sunday?

We can't bring our own controllers??

Also, is there a limited number of people that can enter a competition? Like a 64-person limit for melee singles of something? The only limit I saw was at least 1 hour before your competition starts.
Last, whose schedule is more current? The one in the first post or this?
http://www.otronicon.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=34&Itemid=37

Thanks!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i really dont plan to bring my wii. ill just pay the 16 bucks or whatever...or even 8 if i do a BOGO with someone

ill also bring my controller in case we can use it. no reason not to, really

i dunno, my personal care meter is alittle less since i want to see actual convention things as well

2-DJeff

Smash Master
what is the 5th starter stage? and i excpect the answer to come from the tourney "HOST" not people that just say "o laylat". I want the host to decide if he says laylat then laylat it is

Renki

Smash Journeyman
what is the 5th starter stage? and i excpect the answer to come from the tourney "HOST" not people that just say "o laylat". I want the host to decide if he says laylat then laylat it is
I actually don't think there is a 5th. I recall a time early on(like early 2009) when people were complaining about a certain starter...can't remember which one to be honest. But yeah, I think it's still 4 for that particular reason. Needless to say, times have changed, and a lot of us are a lot better, lol.

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
This tourney seems pretty damn unorganized XD i hope they give me mah money when i win dis :(

OverLade

Smash Hero
My n1gqa Mero I haven't seen u in a minute lol. Im prolly not comin to this though doesnt seem legit enough.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Wait, do we get our con fee waived if we bring a tv and a CUBE(not a wii) for sunday?

We can't bring our own controllers??

Also, is there a limited number of people that can enter a competition? Like a 64-person limit for melee singles of something? The only limit I saw was at least 1 hour before your competition starts.
Last, whose schedule is more current? The one in the first post or this?
http://www.otronicon.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=34&Itemid=37

Thanks!
No limit on the amount of people who can enter. The Saturday/Sunday schedule is the correct one. Like I said you can try to bring your own controller but nobody but yourself is responsible for it being stolen (thats their main concern).

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Thank you veryy much.
Haha, I actually called the OSC a few minutes ago.
Yo whhaaat? They'll be doing bag checks to keep people from bringing their own controller. But I think I'm responsible enough to not lose mine. Power to the people!
Also, they are not allowing free admission for people bringing set-ups??
Gayyyy
Also, the assistant told me the manager put in a new rule. Yesterday there was no limit, today, a 32-team and 64-man singles limit was placed per competition.
'ey, GB Cecil, did they completely turn around and ignore your wise guidance?
I feel ya man, coordinating is hard.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
There won't be a player limit if I have a say in it (which I do). Get there and register early tomorrow. Remember, we begin at 1:00pm, not 1:01pm. If what they say is different than what was said by me in this thread, don't worry - they will go by my rulings.

I'm your TO, I will be the go-to guy for making sure we all win this weekend.

Top Bottom