• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Orlando, FL] Otronicon is here! And better than ever. 1/14 - 1/17

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
They better be waving the fee at the door for bringing a wii. My boy Cecil said so. I dont have 17$ to drop on this tourney for entry... that's gay...

Hopefully it'll work itself out. I got my wii packed. and my controller is custom painted and says "Mink" on the front. I'd like to see someone try to jack it.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
They better be waving the fee at the door for bringing a wii. My boy Cecil said so. I dont have 17$ to drop on this tourney for entry... that's gay...

Hopefully it'll work itself out. I got my wii packed. and my controller is custom painted and says "Mink" on the front. I'd like to see someone try to jack it.
I'm going to PM you the number for the person you will need to call to get in. Check your inbox.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
GB Cecil holding it down like a boss! Take that casual orlando science center coordinators!! >:)

May i get that number too for bringing a tv and a loaded Gamecube for melee on sunday? Thanks!
Edit: Can you also PM me your number Cecil in case i need to contact you? You'll be the "connections" I got. Hehe

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Need a teammate, but I guess I'll worry about it tomorrow. I guess if anyone needs one, text me. xD

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
Ill prob be there at 12pm i hope i dont get lost in that stupid crap center -___-

Renki

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't be coming today since I'll have to be throwing out a good 30-40 dollars just to get through the day(the wii I use isn't mine, so yeah, can't bring it.)

16+5(parking)+5(tourney)+5(doubles, maybe)+food = :\

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
All you big kids, be sure to post your ranks. Tell us your stories of chaingrabbing 8 year olds and ledgehogging 5th graders, because you're hardcore!

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
All you big kids, be sure to post your ranks. Tell us your stories of chaingrabbing 8 year olds and ledgehogging 5th graders, because you're hardcore!
Yeah, you tell them Sleek. You guys should be ashamed to resort to those tactics to beat 8-10 year old kids. They paid $15+ hard, well-earned dollars to participate in this friendly competition and for you guys to do such things is beyond me.

Wait.....

How do these kids even have $15+ dollars to begin with?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Aw, I'm sorry. I guess I'd be embarrassed too, if I was still taking money from mom & pop while I was in college. Or are you not quite out of high school yet?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey College kids mooch of their mommy and papi's too lets be real. How could you afford such SLEEK MEDIA without it?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Aw, I'm sorry. I guess I'd be embarrassed too, if I was still taking money from mom & pop while I was in college. Or are you not quite out of high school yet?
But...... I make my own money..... since I like.......... work. You should be embarrassed, since you're the one that sounds like an idiot right now.

Also, these "little kids" that get wrecked by chaingrabbing can't get jobs, so they're just giving the "hardcore" players their parents money. That's not my problem.

Gindler

Smash Champion
My mom gives me money still...I don't need it anymore, but I can buy candy and other **** i don't need with it :awesome:....or just gas

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i ****ing love weston parents money...its like 50x the amount of money anyone else gets from work xD

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Anybody successful with contacting GB Cecil's contact person and got in for free for bringing a set-up?
What did they do about the whole controller thing?

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
We had 41 players for brawl 1v1, and 31 teams for brawl 2v2. We would have had more teams but the registration desk had some mis communications which resulted in a lot of top 8 1v1 not being able to play. I would only bring your memory card for gamecube tomorrow. We had issues with people bringing their equipment. Word wasn't passed around as much as needed in regards to letting people in and coordinating one's entry to the event.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Dumb. Those Top 8 people didn't get to enter the tournament? Or the top 8 matches were left unplayed and prized weren't distributed?
So people didn't get in for free today and same thing for tomorrow?
But yes, I will still bring my memory card.

-MERO-

Smash Apprentice
I got 1st in singles.

I couldnt do teams, if GDX had teamed with me, we woul've won also

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Hey - at least I got them to shell out some cash this year! I got on them pretty hard about that, too. Did you get any other goodies? I know NLL pitched in some stuff. The free NOS all day was pretty amazing too... I would be jittery as %^@# right now but NyQuil is working some amazing magic... Time for sleep. See you guys for melee tomorrow.

mariolink1224

Smash Rookie
My team placed 3rd in the Brawl 2v2; we were the "Just Saiyans" (2 hispanics dudes). I just want to congratulate the 2 teams that beat us. I don't really remember the team names but it was fun facing someone better.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
We had 41 players for brawl 1v1, and 31 teams for brawl 2v2. We would have had more teams but the registration desk had some mis communications which resulted in a lot of top 8 1v1 not being able to play. I would only bring your memory card for gamecube tomorrow. We had issues with people bringing their equipment. Word wasn't passed around as much as needed in regards to letting people in and coordinating one's entry to the event.
41 players for singles? That's not just an all-time low, that's literally a third of what you've had nearly every past year. I thought you'd lose some players after last year for various reasons, but nothing like that. At least 31 teams is better than last years turnout.

I don't really understand what you meant about the top 8 singles not being able to play. Did you guys get to semi-semis and just call it a day, or what?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice job Ryo. Shouldn't have given Mero that Ike exp at MLG but $ is $ XD

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Me and Solo got 2nd in teams lol GF was played on pirate ship and wario ware for fun lmao xD good **** ryo and Glove there too good.
Im upset that the tvs were laggy so i couldnt play IC at all. :(
My team placed 3rd in the Brawl 2v2; we were the "Just Saiyans" (2 hispanics dudes). I just want to congratulate the 2 teams that beat us. I don't really remember the team names but it was fun facing someone better.
GG man im glad you came out to play even though the tvs were bad lol our wario MK team is too good

Top Bottom