• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Orlando, FL] Otronicon is here! And better than ever. 1/14 - 1/17

DFEAR

Smash Hero
everyone stfu. we should listen to sleek media. hes 100% correct. no, seriously. honestly. period. period. more periods. PERIOD.

by turning items on and making it ffa and allowing ike/sonic to be part of this ffa, you as the "competitive" player provide further incentive towards the rest of the casual community. i consider myself a respected representative of all the casual gamers around my area. we as a whole agree that by participating in such events as an ffa/with items/with ike/with sonic you demonstrate PURE RAWR skill when you win.
example:

dont ledgehog, it creates discrimination against characters who cannot get back to the ledge safely. thus by ledgehoggin you prove to urself that you're a **** and cannot defeat this character any other way.

dont chaingrab. simply put. its gay. sounds gay. prolly is gay with all the grabbing. dont do it, cuz its gay and if its gay it makes you gay you homo piece of competitive ****!

dont taunt. honestly guys. when you taunt it makes players feel bad. and u guys prolly think its a psychological advantage when you taunt after an awesome killer move or even a stock loss. well FYI. its nothing that complicated *******! when you taunt you make urself look like an ******* ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD gloating isnt welcomed in the casual community.

dont use same moves. if you use a move more than twice or more in a row cuz it simply " works" is stupid. it makes playing unappealing to the crowd. we NEED to impress the spectators. so no dash attack infinite bull**** hence why chain grabbing is also gay...so if u do the same moves twice. you're gay

dont win. because when you win you make the other person lose and thats just not fair OH and gay!

but yea guys we should lend our ears to sleek media!

=D i support him all the way

2-DJeff

Smash Master
everyone stfu. we should listen to sleek media. hes 100% correct. no, seriously. honestly. period. period. more periods. PERIOD.

by turning items on and making it ffa and allowing ike/sonic to be part of this ffa, you as the "competitive" player provide further incentive towards the rest of the casual community. i consider myself a respected representative of all the casual gamers around my area. we as a whole agree that by participating in such events as an ffa/with items/with ike/with sonic you demonstrate PURE RAWR skill when you win.
example:

dont ledgehog, it creates discrimination against characters who cannot get back to the ledge safely. thus by ledgehoggin you prove to urself that you're a **** and cannot defeat this character any other way.

dont chaingrab. simply put. its gay. sounds gay. prolly is gay with all the grabbing. dont do it, cuz its gay and if its gay it makes you gay you homo piece of competitive ****!

dont taunt. honestly guys. when you taunt it makes players feel bad. and u guys prolly think its a psychological advantage when you taunt after an awesome killer move or even a stock loss. well FYI. its nothing that complicated *******! when you taunt you make urself look like an ******* ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD gloating isnt welcomed in the casual community.

dont use same moves. if you use a move more than twice or more in a row cuz it simply " works" is stupid. it makes playing unappealing to the crowd. we NEED to impress the spectators. so no dash attack infinite bull**** hence why chain grabbing is also gay...so if u do the same moves twice. you're gay

dont win. because when you win you make the other person lose and thats just not fair OH and gay!

but yea guys we should lend our ears to sleek media!

=D i support him all the way
LMAO

I didnt know you where apart of the FCC:awesome:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im not part of the fcc im part of the

Friends Are Great Gatherings In The Scene

sleek media is our president

OverLade

Smash Hero
You have to change your main first... Diddy Kong SCREAMS Tourneyf@g.

edit:
Use Ike or Lucas

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Dfear. I was a member of that last year, i wanted to add that it was actually "On" the scene. F.A.G.G.O.T.S.
Just saying.

Also, i think using ganon in this would be the best.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Casual players relate to me, and hardcore players have to fight for their lives to get through a set.
It's not a very difficult fight considering that it probably doesn't last for a full minute. :p

I find it amusing how you accuse competitive players of ruining the game for other players by restricting it, but a major step of becoming a competitive player is to learn to play without restrictions and use tactics and techniques that others (such as you) dislike and restrict, such as chain grabbing. It's such an interesting hypocrisy for both sides.

you can still call me 2-djeff
im 2-djeff aka smooth criminal lol
As D-Torr said, that tag belongs to someone else who has seniority over you.

Besides, you'll always be Jeffrey to me. :awesome:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Dfear. I was a member of that last year, i wanted to add that it was actually "On" the scene. F.A.G.G.O.T.S.
Just saying.

Also, i think using ganon in this would be the best.
no f.aggots is a derogative way of spelling it! hence why we're f.aggits :3...cuz its not gay

DFEAR

Smash Hero
homosexuals are horrible people. i as a casual *** am also part of the klu klux klan. and yea we spell clan with a k cuz we're not gay or a nukka or even cuacasion mexican or w.e that isnt virgin blank! instead of burning crosses or anything competitive like that instead we write well written essays to the people we dont acknowledge as real people...CASUAL WHITE POWER!

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
It's not a very difficult fight considering that it probably doesn't last for a full minute. :p

I find it amusing how you accuse competitive players of ruining the game for other players by restricting it, but a major step of becoming a competitive player is to learn to play without restrictions and use tactics and techniques that others (such as you) dislike and restrict, such as chain grabbing. It's such an interesting hypocrisy for both sides.
You can't take my argument to the void! I'm not sure what you mean by a major step of becoming a competitive player being to play without restrictions. Isn't it the exact OPPOSITE? Competitive rules cut out items, more than half the stages, and make all but a handful of characters unviable, so there's actually alot less to learn.

The only character who is even remotely difficult to chaingrab with is ICs. If you can't CG with 3D by your third try, then...well...have fun competing. The reason I don't do it isn't because it's hard; it's because it's easy, cheap, and not fun for either player.

Also, what the heck were those last few unrelated posts about? This thread just got REALLY creepy.

OverLade

Smash Hero
It's rather obvious that all casual players are members of the Ku Klux Klan and hate everyone. FREAKING CASUALS.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
You can't take my argument to the void! I'm not sure what you mean by a major step of becoming a competitive player being to play without restrictions. Isn't it the exact OPPOSITE? Competitive rules cut out items, more than half the stages, and make all but a handful of characters unviable, so there's actually alot less to learn.

The only character who is even remotely difficult to chaingrab with is ICs. If you can't CG with 3D by your third try, then...well...have fun competing. The reason I don't do it isn't because it's hard; it's because it's easy, cheap, and not fun for either player.

Also, what the heck were those last few unrelated posts about? This thread just got REALLY creepy.
Why are you making chaingrabs a big deal?

Dedede isn't really relevant anymore. As time went, players found ways to get around his chaingrabs. He's not as viable of a character as he used to be.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
If you thought you'd do better than 10th, you'd have said "top 3" or something. Call me a noob or whatever you like, but nothing is more pathetic than someone who tries so hard to win at a video game and STILL can't place. Even though Otronicon doesn't pack a huge competitive crowd, the FL locals are still more than enough to smoke a kid like you.
I'm just reading this thread.

Why do you have 4xx posts? What do you possibly DO here?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I'm just reading this thread.
Why do you have 4xx posts? What do you possibly DO here?
Ask the guy with 6000 posts. Alternatively, troll teenagers because its the interweb?

EDIT:

Wait, wait, wait. I just noticed the tournament list. Is that...MELEE? Seriously? Please tell me that's a typo, and they represent auxillary Brawl tournaments like last year or something.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Well, since you don't play the game competitively, it is a good question.

The guy with 6000 posts is probably a really good player, but I don't know. According to you, there's less to learn while playing competitively so he just might be a bigger troll than you.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
more posts = has too much time = spends his time postin = has no time leftover to attend tournies.

this red halberd guy talks the talk but u cant tell if he walks the walk LOL

SheerMadness

Smash Master
They've had melee the last 2 years also. I've been to the past 2 otronicons and I definitely don't remember anyone getting on the mic to hype up the crowd. Nor do I remember anyone crowding around anyone because they were "fun to watch".

And Otronicon in 2008 was melee ffa with items. Right up your alley.

Too bad they don't cater to noobs anymore.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
It was either 08 or 07 with the mic. Whatever year that "over 9000" meme was huge, cuz that was my theme.

I don't know about the year prior, but there was no melee last year, unless they snuck something in. The melee singles became a smaller brawl tournament. I forget if they tried doubles, but I doubt it since the brawl doubles had such a low turnout.

OverLade

Smash Hero
KU KLUX KASUALS. Fricken casuals bringing in scrub memes like over 9000. Guile's theme is waaaaay better.

SAX

Smash Ace
This stuff is wayyyyy to funny! Hahahaha!!
I will get higher than 8th this year! I swear it!

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Scared? What is this "scared" thing you speak of? Hope you're hungry for a butt kicking!

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Mortal Kombat had Fatalities

Mortal Kombat II had Babalities

Mortal Kombat III had Brutalities

...but none of that compares to the power that Kasuals possess, as they have

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.....

KASUALITIES

Exdeath

Smash Master
This is what I'm talking about. You may be offering more freedom with stages and items, but you're restricting techniques such as chain grabs. It's quite hypocritical.

I have to give you a +Rep for The Void though.

Top Bottom