• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Organize Friendlies - Can't record Until Next Week - Read First Post

Boxob

Smash Champion
sorry but whats SHADing?
Short Hop Air Dodge. It's a form of approach. It lets you rush towards your opponent without being susceptible to attack. If you grab as soon as you land, they almost can't do anything about it. If you dodge upon landing, it happens near instantaneously and there is only a very (very) small window of time in which they can attack you upon landing, but they will try anyway and you can punish with a Fsmash or grab, or anything if they're slow enough.

The SHAD can also be used straight into a shield, for shield grabs.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
Short Hop Air Dodge. It's a form of approach. It lets you rush towards your opponent without being susceptible to attack. If you grab as soon as you land, they almost can't do anything about it. If you dodge upon landing, it happens near instantaneously and there is only a very (very) small window of time in which they can attack you upon landing, but they will try anyway and you can punish with a Fsmash or grab, or anything if they're slow enough.

The SHAD can also be used straight into a shield, for shield grabs.
thats pretty cool i should try that on my friends marth thanks :)

also how come we cant post comments on the vids :confused:

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I just watched the rayks match.

Just as advice (and I realize you were fighting wolf but still) your pressure game is a little lacking. Keep rushing him with Fairs and dash attacks. Also, trying SHADing into grabs more often, his throws are good, gotta fit them in somewhere cause they lead to combos. Since you use sonic, when I fight you I'll use someone else, maybe Metaknight or Yoshi.
Yeah, I try not to get too locked on the pressure game the entire time. I really try to be more unpredicatable.... I can deffinately work on timing the aerials so that I keep constant pressure. My game only improves with every match.

thats pretty cool i should try that on my friends marth thanks :)

also how come we cant post comments on the vids :confused:
You need to be a member of youtube... but if you make a video comment post on this thread... I can quote it and put it under neath the video =)

----------------------

Sorry, I couldn't make it tonight to play anymore. I'm pretty busy tomorrow, but I am an early riser... so we'll see. I will be uploading a few more videos tonight.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for uploading the matches!After watching them again I did make some mistakes and my consistency was lacking.Just shows that I still got a lot to learn on my road to being a real competitive player.

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to get a video of myself up and get comments on my abilities (no matter how potentially harsh ;)) as Sonic. Sooooo Friday afternoon you say? 3:30-5:00 EST about I'll be up. FC under name. 4 Stock, no items naturally. Looking forward to it :)

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I'd like to get a video of myself up and get comments on my abilities (no matter how potentially harsh ;)) as Sonic. Sooooo Friday afternoon you say? 3:30-5:00 EST about I'll be up. FC under name. 4 Stock, no items naturally. Looking forward to it :)
Alright, I won't ALWAYS play as sonic so that you and other can get comments on your skills versus other characters.

Slashy

Smash Lord
BTW I can do the same thing as he does. So if you want to fight a Lucas player. I'll record our matches as well.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I use a product called Dazzle. I highly encourage you to purchase one yourself. You also need to at least two splitters (the individual cables not a box) to both play and record at the same time. There's a video on youtube that I can put up later if anyone is curious about it. It's great for when I compete on gamebattles since recording matches is the best visual evidence if disputes arise.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I use a product called Dazzle. I highly encourage you to purchase one yourself. You also need to at least two splitters (the individual cables not a box) to both play and record at the same time. There's a video on youtube that I can put up later if anyone is curious about it. It's great for when I compete on gamebattles since recording matches is the best visual evidence if disputes arise.
How much are one of those? I'd love to be able to freely upload anything epic onto youtube. Also, I just got my Lan adpter so later today if you want to play me I can. Just choose a char you want me to use, Sonic dittos = boring. I only refuse to play as: Pit, Ike, Lucario, and Wario, everyone else I can use decently effictively.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
How much are one of those? I'd love to be able to freely upload anything epic onto youtube. Also, I just got my Lan adpter so later today if you want to play me I can. Just choose a char you want me to use, Sonic dittos = boring. I only refuse to play as: Pit, Ike, Lucario, and Wario, everyone else I can use decently effictively.
This is what I have You also need splitter cables. There is a horrible lag if you try to play straight off your computer screen.

Here is a video fo how someone uses the Dazzle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvQqJo-qPoE
IMPORTANT... THOSE TWO "JACKS" that he refers to at the start. They are identical. All you are looking for is a simple 1 male - 2 female RC cable (one for audio and one for video)

I agree, well Sonic Dittos can be fun, they also are frustrating. Whoever you play as is fine.

I'll play against you whenever you have the chance
Alright, just be sure to read the yellow font on the main post... it gives a good idea of when I will be around to play.

i wanna fight your ssssooonnincccc!!
You're on the priority list, buddy. Are you in high school... college... give me an idea of your schedule for tomorrow (Eastern Time Zone).

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
You need to be a member of youtube... but if you make a video comment post on this thread... I can quote it and put it under neath the video =)

----------------------

i am a member of youtube as potatothepotato at the bottom where you should be able to post it says it is disabled or was that because they were doing matanince?

Ethan

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'd love to play you, and I'm normally pretty close (Chicago), so wifi connection should be good. However, I'm on spring break until Sunday, and don't have access to my wii. Any chance you'll be on this sunday afternoon/evening?

darkNES386

Smash Lord

----------------------

i am a member of youtube as potatothepotato at the bottom where you should be able to post it says it is disabled or was that because they were doing matanince?
Yeah, it was because they were doing stuff. I never disable comments.

Hey, I'd love to play you, and I'm normally pretty close (Chicago), so wifi connection should be good. However, I'm on spring break until Sunday, and don't have access to my wii. Any chance you'll be on this sunday afternoon/evening?
Yeah that should be fine, I'll be playing at some point this weekend. I may be on within the next hour we'll see.... I'll post again though to let you know.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
i might be free in the next hour as well not sure my mom has people coming over

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
I'm usually around a lot. I'll keep an eye on the topic, just say when. My Brawl name is Tony.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I'm going online and I'm trying to add as many of you as I can... it would really help if you made sure your message board identified your smashboards account name so I know who to look for (my buddy list is always full now).

I've added a lot of you.

So let me know if you're looking to play right now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
those were some mighty good matches we had. 2 wins, 2 loses as ike then 3 wins with pikachu, better than last time when you you gave me a total shut out xD i'd say i have improved.

Ethan

Smash Cadet
Yeah that should be fine, I'll be playing at some point this weekend. I may be on within the next hour we'll see.... I'll post again though to let you know.
Cool, I'll add your FC on Sunday, when I get back. Mine is in my profile. Let me know.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
LOL
L O L

well, first, its too early to tell.
second, hes low tier
First, for a smash debater you broke the number one rule and that is being contradictory to your argument.

Second, Don't use LOL its stupid.

If its too early to tell how would you be capable of saying he is low tier. Especially since Sonic does very well against characters that low tier characters. Tiers are based around how well characters do in comparison to others, not necessarily their worst matchups.
If you noticed Sonic's worst matchups come from characters that are probably high tier material to top tier material which is to be expected from someone that will be mid tier level.
His best match ups also stem from cahracters that probably will be mid tier to those most obviously low tier.

Kindly explicate why he would be low tier other than his moves?
Since the major problem that Sonic has is not the lack of kill moves but priority.
MK has little killing moves but excellent priority. He is possibly the closest character that can be compared to Sonic in terms of gameplay.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
those were some mighty good matches we had. 2 wins, 2 loses as ike then 3 wins with pikachu, better than last time when you you gave me a total shut out xD i'd say i have improved.
Yeah... I gotta re-think some things. Good matches... I'll have those uploaded either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

-----------

I'm signing on now... go ahead and contact me via aim or something if you're looking to play... or modify your message board if you think I already added you.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Hey darkNES386, i'd really like to add u if u'd have it, xD
I don't actually kno too many ppl who main sonic like me, and i actually fought my first decent one last night... admit it was a bit wierd, lol.

But yea, im in the midwest, IL so it'd be fast, and my Nintendo LAN adapter is coming n the mail any day
My FC is in my sig, im gonna add ur's tonight and maybe i can play u sometime

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
Awesome matches :) Bowser surprised me to say the least XD and that Sonic match was pretty intense :O EDIT: sorry, thread didn't refresh...haha only t\he Sonic match please, and I'm up for rematches anytime :)

ReiGun

Smash Cadet
Hey dNes, would you mind playing a couple matches against my Sonic and Lucario when you're done playing everyone else?

Smash Bros FC: 4253 3169 5032
Brawl online Name: REIGN

Top Bottom