• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Organize Friendlies - Can't record Until Next Week - Read First Post

darkNES386

Smash Lord
MY BRAWL CODE: 4983 4589 8143

For various reasons I am not always free this summer. The wii(s) I use has been traveling around almost as much as I have recently. I will edit the title whenever I know that I'll be free next to record. If you play (have played) me before, I will be willing to let you record a couple matches with a friend if you wish. I guess the only way to really do this is by me suiciding my stocks as quickly as possible. If I don't answer on aim it's because I'm most likely not in my room, which is rather frequent.

My belief is that there are two ways to improve your skill in Brawl. Play lots of different people and take a moment to stop and think about what you're actually doing during a match. I think you can handle the first on your own. I'd like to help with the second one. It's amazing how much you discover about your style of play when you have a chance to observe without being caught up in the moment of the actual match.

On a side not, some common questions people have asked can be answered with what follows:

You should watch lucky's video to learn a couple techniques that Sonic has at his disposal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsPU6nCm5iI

Also some of you have asked me what my controller setup is:

I'm pretty old fashion so I like the gamecube controller (I gave the wiimote/nunchuck a chance). I have one modification; I made y shield instead of L,R. Many others have done this because it shortens by just a bit the amount of time it takes to activate your shield. The shield does not activate in Brawl until you click the L,R buttons. Furthermore, when I want to grab, I hit Y/A together. If I want to shield and then grab I press Y and then A at the right time... also out of a dash it's the same rolling motion of my thumb.

One pointer that stepped up my Sonic game a lot just recently:

USE the c-stick. Aside from easier, more accurate smash attack execution... Sonic can DI (Move in the air) a lot better if you worry about movement with the joystick and attack with the c-stick. Some of you find... have really fast fingers, but just go into training and try these few techniques and decide for yourself which is easier:
-Jump and without moving laterally (left / right) do a bAir or fAir
-From a sprint jump and do a bAir without losing any momentum
-Do a fAir while moving backwards
-Do a fAir/bAir while you are fastfalling
*all these can be done with smooth landings (zero lag) effortlessly with the c-stick.
*c-stick is on the smash setting

Sonic's dash attack can also come out faster if you smash down on the c-stick the split second after you begin to move. To see that this really works you will notice two things.

1)Sonic will "seem" to cover less distance (meaning it started sooner)
2)If you attempt the same timing with A, sonic will execute a fSmash instead of a dash attack

-----------Newer Videos--------
Phoenix_Dark (Sonic) Bowser

Phoenix_DarK - Sonic Ditto 1
Phoenix_DarK - Sonic Ditto 2
Phoenix_DarK - Sonic Ditto 3
Phoenix_DarK - Sonic Ditto 4
Phoenix_DarK - Sonic Ditto 5

theDoom (Ike) vs Bowser
theDoom (Ike)

RockMan X (Sheik) vs Sonic 1
RockMan X (Sheik) vs Sonic 2
RockMan X (Sheik) vs Sonic 3
RockMan X (Sheik) vs Sonic 4
RockMan X (Sheik) vs Sonic 5
*RockMan X and I feel that this matchup is pretty split even. I personally think this is one of Sonic's most neutral matchups.

RockMan X (Captain Falcon) vs Bowser 1
RockMan X (Captain Falcon) vs Bowser 2
RockMan X (Sheik) vs Bowser

Dyce - Sonic Ditto
Dyce - Sonic Ditto 2
Dyce - Sonic Ditto 3 1/2
Dyce - Sonic Ditto 3 2/2

I'm not using my own computer to record right now. If you notice... the audio takes about half the match to catch up to the video.... so yeah at least it isn't the entire match :)

-------------New Videos----------
Hopefully good for a laugh

BlueBlur - Sonic Ditto 1
BlueBlur - Sonic Ditto 2
BlueBlur - Sonic Ditto 3
BlueBlur - Sonic Ditto 4
BlueBlur - Sonic Ditto 5

Chompy (diddy kong) gamebattles matches
Part 1 is uploading still (majority of matches)
Chompy 2 of 2

Link2man22 - Sonic Ditto 1
Link2man22 - Sonic Ditto 2
*sorry, sound somehow got messed up

Mr.Twintail (Olimar)

Teh Umby (Toon Link) 1
Teh Umby (Toon Link) 2
Teh Umby (Toon Link) 3
Teh Umby (Toon Link) 4
Teh Umby (Toon Link) 5
Teh Umby (Toon Link) 6

theGreatDekuTree (Toon Link)
theGreatDekuTree (Olimar)

TheLake (Pokemon Trainer) 2
TheLake (Pokemon Trainer) 3

Ryudo Sonic Ditto

Stomp FTW (yoshi) 1
Stomp FTW (yoshi) 2

-------------Videos----------------
Blarfenzo (wario)
Blarfenzo (wario) 2
Blarfenzo (wario) 3
Boxob (Captain Falcon) 1
Boxob (sonic) vs Mario
Boxob (sonic) vs Bowser 1
Boxob (sonic) vs Bowser 2
Boxob (sonic) vs Falco
Boxob (falcon)
gocubs12321(luigi)
gocubs12321(luigi)
JonBeBononza (Toon Link)
JonBeBononza (kirby)
JonBeBenonza (link)
JonBeBenonza (IC) 1
JonBeBononza (IC) 2
JonBeBenonza (IC) 3
linomando (mario)
Oreil (Sonic) vs Bowser 1
Oreil (Sonic) vs Bowser 2
Rock Man X (Captain Falcon)
Rock Man X (Lucario) 1
Rock Man X (Lucario) 2
Rock Man X (Lucario) 3
Rock Man X (Lucario) 4
Rock Man X (Samus) vs Bowser
Rock Man X (Lucario) vs Bowser
SonicOfDarkness(mario)
TheLake (Pokemon Trainer) 1
ussi (marth) 1
ussi (marth) 2
ussi (marth) 3
ussi (ike) 1

--------Sonic Dittos --------------

Boxob Sonic Ditto 1
Daisy-Fan Sonic Ditto 1
Daisy-Fan Sonic Ditto 2
Daisy-Fan Sonic Ditto 3
Daisy-Fan Sonic Ditto 4
Puffball64 Sonic Ditto 1
Puffball64 Sonic Ditto 2
Puffball64 Sonic Ditto 3
Puffball64 Sonic Ditto 4
Rock Man X Sonic Ditto
Shoop Sonic Ditto
Xtinction Sonic Ditto 1
Xtinction Sonic Ditto 2
Xtinction Sonic Ditto 3

R4ZE

Smash Ace
hey man, ill definately hit you up on this.

if you could add me on aim: shadowx777

and could i get any info to contact you?

R4ZE

Smash Ace
my aim should be on, but i cant play wii until later... maybe just aim me so i have your screen name and we can abttle later. in about.. 6 hours i;d say

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Oh wow, that's a pretty cool opportunity since I have no way to get matches online myself. :p You live relatively close, so I may take you up on this. Lots of homework tonight though.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'm getting an adapter sent to me, it should be here today or tomorrow.

I'll record with you Friday, I have another friend who'll be at my house who'd probably like to do the same, except he doesn't use Sonic.

My aim: RobotsErraugh

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Oh wow, that's a pretty cool opportunity since I have no way to get matches online myself. :p You live relatively close, so I may take you up on this. Lots of homework tonight though.
Incentive... yes =)

I'm getting an adapter sent to me, it should be here today or tomorrow.

I'll record with you Friday, I have another friend who'll be at my house who'd probably like to do the same, except he doesn't use Sonic.

My aim: RobotsErraugh
I welcome all characters... sonic dittos aren't always the most interesting.

I'll be on around 4 PM eastern today if anyone wants to play, let me know.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I play ALOT of different characters. Ill play you.

P.S: Nice tourney last week also. :)
Thanks... as much as we wish to host them straight up on smashboards... we'll have more freedom and control on our own site... plus we'll have a better attendence. The problem with hosting massive events right off the bat... people don't show up. I"ll deffinately keep you posted on the next one though (few weekends).

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Add me, Ill play Olimar or Wolf (my other mains), so as to not make it all Sonic dittos, I warn you though it might lag a bit, but I just want 1 game or 2 so I can see myself on youtube. :p

Thanks for the opportunity, I already added you.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Thanks for the games. I didn't do so great, I know I can do better, and thanks for putting up with the lag. I know you probably won't put those videos in your videos, but thanks for giving it a try anyways.

Edit: **** your fast. LOL

Well yea, upload the Wolf match, it was pretty close, but you died because of lag once.

Don't upload the Olimar one XD, it was kinda embarassing, well anyways if you want to play me again tell me so.

PS: If you want we can have a Sonic ditto, Sonic is my real main anyways. Although I did think I played a good Wolf and Olimar but you obliterated my Olimar :p.

bombr

Smash Cadet
I'll play! AIM me or PM me or whatever. I look forward to it.

AIM: SprayCheeseOmlet

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Hmmm, I'll play you a 2/3 Sonic ditto, I think you'll win, but at least I think the video will be more interesting. Ill be on in 2 hours then.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I updated the main post... if you pm'ed me or posted just recently I"ll give you priority if you make it at some point around that time... I'm going to try and go in order of who is listed... also. I only have time for 2-3 matches each... so make them count and I may or may not be open to playing anyone else tonight.

Once again... I welcome ALL CHARACTERS... not just Sonics.

spindash

Smash Ace
It would be wonderful to play against you. I main as Sonic, but I'm also particular to maining as Link.

1762-2372-5291

The name's Spin-Dash! I hope I get a chance to smash with you really soon. I promise not to disappoint.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Okay the first three videos are up and I actually shifted my evening around so that I can start playing from now... I'm adding those of you on the priority list and then if anyone else stops by and wants to play feel free.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
heyyyyy this is pretty cool i'd like to play whenever your ready but i only got till 9pm all days exept fri and sat cuz im swamped with hw :urg: well lemme know how many matches and when FC 2234 6864 9797
if anyone else wants to add me just pm me :)
oh my name will come up as Jamey not chaindude btw im a guy (commom misconception) :laugh:

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Be glad to take you on if you're up for it.
Deffinately

Just send me a PM to let me know when you're ready to Smash! 3-Stock or 4-Stock. Take your pick. I'm more accustom to 3-stock.
Yeah we can do either... I usually play 3 myself.

heyyyyy this is pretty cool i'd like to play whenever your ready but i only got till 9pm all days exept fri and sat cuz im swamped with hw :urg: well lemme know how many matches and when FC 2234 6864 9797
if anyone else wants to add me just pm me :)
oh my name will come up as Jamey not chaindude btw im a guy (commom misconception) :laugh:
Thanks for letting me know what your Brawl name is.... I'd appreciate it if everyone else helps me out with that too. I need to know who to label recordings as and also to make sure I don't play 3 games against a random player who's name I didn't recognize..... in fact, his message board said "recording matches" so one would assume it was one of you people.... when in fact it wasn't. IF any of you like to Brawl late... I may be on around 11 pm Eastern tonight or even slightly later.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I just watched the rayks match.

Just as advice (and I realize you were fighting wolf but still) your pressure game is a little lacking. Keep rushing him with Fairs and dash attacks. Also, trying SHADing into grabs more often, his throws are good, gotta fit them in somewhere cause they lead to combos. Since you use sonic, when I fight you I'll use someone else, maybe Metaknight or Yoshi.

Top Bottom