• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The next TANG is Sept. 2nd. (Tourney info is kept up-to-date in the secon post of the first page). More than two people will be there.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
wow i had no idea there was so much people that live in oregon that play ssbm. I am in oregon city and i guess i'm a competitive player i use which ever character i feel like playing on that day.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
FoosJr, my friend and i live like half an hour away from you, we're in Tualatin/Sherwood. It'd be cool to smash with you/your friends sometime, so post some days that might work for you and we'll see about setting something up. Also, don't forget to check out the TANG 19.0 thread (September 2nd), as that's at my house and should have at least a dozen people.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
yea the TANG sounds good for me I will try to bring one of my friends also that way if i get matched up with him at least i can get one win in there

joshisrad

Smash Lord
FoosJr, my friend and i live like half an hour away from you, we're in Tualatin/Sherwood. It'd be cool to smash with you/your friends sometime, so post some days that might work for you and we'll see about setting something up. Also, don't forget to check out the TANG 19.0 thread (September 2nd), as that's at my house and should have at least a dozen people.
Hey, I live a half hour to fortyfive minutes away from both of you. Gresham. My friend and I would be down for get togethers with you guys. Send me a PM if you're down.

EDIT: Ah, hey, looks like everyone on this page wants to have a smashing good time. How is the near future looking for everyone?(as in, this week)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I have three or four days off this week, so I'll post when I get back to my house for when they are. Whose house are we going to do this at? I'd volunteer mine, but I think I'd have to do some major cleaning of my room/family room before that'd be ok with my mom. If anyone else would volunteer, I'd appreciate it.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
James, why don't you just keep your room clean between TANGs?

On another note, we are having a random crew tourney on Sept. 1st, Friday night @8:30pm at Kumoricon (Red Lion Hotel in Portland I think). Crews are pulled from a hat. So you get random people on your crew! We have some team captains setup already though. If anybody going to TANG would like to come, we would love to have you! Except James. He won PAX, so he's too good;) j/k

Just post and let me know so I can tell the person setting it up. POST!!!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Congrats to James for winning PAX. Show those Washingtonians what OR is made of. ^_^

BTW Tudios, I wanna do the random crew thingy.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, so my schedule this week is nice:

Monday - 3:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Tuesday- Off
Wednesday - 3:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Thursday - Off
Friday - Off
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

So yeah, I'm free just about all this week, what times work for other people?

zeostar

Smash Cadet
Thursday or Friday works for me. Can't do anything on Wednesday(Birthday) and Saturday and Sunday are Kumoricon.

yomondo

Smash Rookie
yes im a smasher from salem and i would like to know if theres any tournaments in salem?and can i be a part of the osm?and plz put me down as link/ice climbers.if i can join

Aftermath

Smash Champion
The easiest way to be added to the list is to attend a tournament and meet other Oregon smashers. Check out the TANG 19.0 Thread (This weekend) for info on Oregon's Portland monthlies.

People can come as early as Friday afternoon and stay as late as Sunday morning, so it's essentially a weekend long smashfest with a tournament stuck in the middle. And if anyone can bring TVs or GCNs, it'd help everything go a lot smoother.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
There's no tournament in Salem that I know of. The only two cities that seem active in Smash right now are Eugene and Portland.

James, I'm going to bring my GCN to TANG and I might as well bring the small 13" TV just in case. Better a small TV than no TV at all.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, I appreciate it T!mmy, we'll most likely use it.

Tudios, if you check this, there's a pretty good chance that I'll be able to give you a ride to the place, and if there aren't that many people, we'll most likely go to that crew thing. If nothing else, I could give you a ride to a bus that only takes like 1/2 an hour to get to portland. Call me (971)998-6291 to discuss it further.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Well, thanx James. I'll probably call you tonight around 9ish then. t!MmY, I guess that I'll get a ride from you guys after all then:) Call me tonight or just post and tell me what time we will be leaving tomorrow then, k?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Estimated time of departure is noon after a spot of tea. See you tomorrow Tudios. ^^

TIMMY AND TOMMY!!!!!!!
are you guys going to NCT2!? cause id like to get a ride with you guys if you do. i missed OC2 and would like to go to at least one major tourney and compete before brawl comes out.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Chances of going to NCT2 are rather high seeing how much fun 0C2 was. It's got my blood boiling and my nose itching. Let me know if you can get a ride down to OR, I'm going to go update the Events page.

k, i just need to talk tori into wanting to go, and tell him it would make me happy since i didnt get to go to OC2. :(
ill find a way down there.

will you guys be going to red and blue versions?
double posted to get your attention lol

never mind, i dont need a ride, me and tori are gonna go alone. se you guys there i guess.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Yeah, I really want to go to NCT2 as well. Dunno if I'll be able to due to school, though. We'll see..
Also, I guess you can add Will and I to the non-competitive smashers. I call him Bill though cause he's been Bill to me for the other 17 years :p I main Sheik but also use Falco and Doc Mario. He mains Falco with the occasional Samus. Gresham for him, and you can put Eugene for me since I'll be there in two weeks.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Gotcha, Silent Wolf. I should have replied sooner, but I was at TANG and busy with Cosmic Crusade posting.

Josh, I'll prod T0MMY into updating the first post and adding you and Will to it.

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
I guess you can add me as a competitive smasher, even though I've only gone to one tournament so far. My main is Pikachu and technically my location is Portland.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Ok, videos are finally all uploaded, sorry about the wait.

If you just want to sit and watch all of them through in the order that they were in the brackets, take this link.

Otherwise:

Loser's Bracket Semi-Finals
OC George (Marth) vs Master of Chu (Pikachu) 1
OC George (Marth) vs Master of Chu (Pikachu) 2
OC George (Marth) vs Master of Chu (Pikachu) 3

Loser's Bracket Finals
T!MmY (Fox) vs Master of Chu (Pikachu) 1
T!MmY (Kirby) vs Master of Chu (Pikachu) 2
T!MmY (Fox) vs Master of Chu (Pikachu) 3

Winner's Bracket Finals
Aftermath (Samus) vs Juce (Falcon) 1
Aftermath (Samus) vs Juce (Falcon) 2

Loser's Bracket Finals
T!MmY (Marth) vs Aftermath (Samus) 1
T!MmY (Marth) vs Aftermath (Samus) 2
T!MmY (Marth) vs Aftermath (Samus) 3

First Grand Finals
Aftermath (Samus) vs Juce (Falcon) 3
Aftermath (Samus) vs Juce (Falcon) 4

Second Grand Finals

And I know Jesse is going to think this is a conspiracy, but the third and fourth match of the second grand finals are lost. The third I can get, for some reason it didn't transfer correctly from Jesse's comp to mine, or I saved it wrong when I compressed it, so I can fix that in a couple days. The fourth match somehow got lost while recording. Jesse won both.

Yeah, I'm definitely buying a bigger hard drive so that I don't have as many problems, and setting stuff up ahead of time so that I can record many more matches, especially some teams and more of the bracket.

Also, let me know if any links don't work or are labeled wrong.

Josh, I don't think I'll even be able to go to Seattle when I was planning. I just got a thing in the mail today that said I'm moving into the dorms during the weekend that I was planning on being in Seattle, plus I might have a weeklong review class that week, so yeah, that trip is pretty much out the window. It was going to be the 15th-17th. Although, thinking now, I might be able to talk my mom into letting me go for Friday and Saturday and drive back home at like midnight-ish on Saturday.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I'll look around for your controller, Timmy and Tommy organized all of them and the only extra one was a purple one. I'll check again and see if any of them aren't mine.

Also, since I'm quitting like next thursday, they want to work me as much as possible, so I don't have any days off until the 15th, and I think I'll be going up to Seattle for that Friday and Saturday. If anyone is interested in maybe coming along, post here and we'll try to arrange stuff.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Awesome work on the vids, James. I know how much of a hassle video editing can be, and you managed to put up both the winners and loser's brackets for semi's and finals. Good job. Now I just have to stop thinking about the VCR when I play recorded matches. ^>^

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Hey guys I know this has been weird but im comeing back to Oregon I am no longer going to live in Colorado I don't like it here so I am going to be moveing back to the good smash state these smashers down here are no good lol

So..............

:psycho: (((( RIOT IS BACK )))) :psycho:

:laugh: Whens the next eugene toury tommy/timmy?

Whens the next TANG?????

I will make sure Keith ( Mangler ) comes with me this time ^_^

Top Bottom