• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Well I have money saved and and I can pay for alot of gas because of my job so we can do the 5 day thing it's just gonna take some cash but I think we can all handle it........

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Seeing as school is out by the time MLG comes around, I wouldn't mind going for all five days. Might as well make the best of it. Even if I don't make pros, I would like to stick around and watch it. And there's always friendlies. ^^

Right now, with a 7-day reserve, an adult Greyhound ticket would be $142 round trip. I got a quick estimate from my father and he said it would be under $300 for a round trip carpool. That would be at most $60 per person with a carpool of five. The only thing I hadn't worked out was housing expenses, but if we could stay with hospitable SoCalers that would definately make this trip doable for me.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
K i will talk to some friends and see if I can find us a place to stay. Tyler will more then likely want to come, so reserve a spot for him now until further notice.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
$60 for a trip to Socal sounds amazingly good to me. If that's true, I'd be up for that, but when is MLG Anaheim, I'll have to work it out with my job and see if it can happen.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Ratking1234 said:
They don't happen.... lern2havecoolparentsthatletyousmashatothershouses
Is this a passive skill that I must learn or must I learn it at a training center? Does this knowledge of coolparents cost anything? And what is the shipping/handling fees?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Cap'n Crunch said:
$60 for a trip to Socal sounds amazingly good to me. If that's true, I'd be up for that, but when is MLG Anaheim, I'll have to work it out with my job and see if it can happen.
MLG Anaheim is June 23-25. You do realize that I keep the front page updated with tournaments and events in Post #2, right?

As a side note, I'm thinking that since there's now no longer a TANG on the 16th that I'm going to go ahead and have a Smashfest on that day. DMS said something about a friend of his coming from ... Medford I think - so just another reason to make it a Smashfest.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Daisy ThunderShine+

Go watch my combo/fun video of my new mains Daisy and Ness, and my possible Falco counter, Fox. Plus some other random cool stuff with Link, Y. Link, and a Samus combo. Bleh

Plus, there's Puchuus. . .

YouTube - Daisy ThunderShine+

Downloadable version coming soon. . .

GO WATCH IT NOW!!!!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I actually came across this randomly before seeing your post here, so I already commented on it in its own thread. WTH is a Puchuu?!

Slater88

Smash Cadet
Howdy. I'm just announcing my being the best SSBM player in Ashland (of about 3 good players) as dictated by the recent Ashland tournament. Now I just got to get up to Eugene or Portland to play the rest of Oregon. Any updates on a southern Oregon SSBM tournament yet?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
A southern Oregon tournament is dependant on someone in southern Oregon hosting it. Once it's announced, I'll add it to the list of Tournaments and Events.

Congrats on your win, now you have to see how well you do outside of Ashland. ;) The next Eugene smashfest is this Saturday and are usually held on the second weekend of every month. This month's TANG is going to be a big one, so you should definately consider going. If you need a ride from Eugene to Portland, we should be able to accomodate you.

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
Four combo videos?!?!?! I swear if you guys become some of those combo video kids like masterwumpus(even though you use your own footage), I dunno what ill do. I almost feel one of 'them' by making a second video, even though its been about a year.

Don't become combo video kids!

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
ill be added on the list once i attend TANG 17.0. you'll see.

Sherwood, OR
maining bowser(although i play a lot of characters)
im also very young :p

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Even though I'm making four combo vids, it's closer to just one because they're going to be 2-3 minutes each instead of a single 10-15 minute video. Personally, I don't really like long videos, but episodic videos are pretty cool, don'tcha think?

SmashnTendo

Smash Apprentice
put me down as non competitive. I would be competitive if I had time to Smash a lot and go to tourneys. But I know I'm fairly good. Isn't that right, Riot?!

I live in Portland. Main as Pikachu.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
t!MmY said:
Even though I'm making four combo vids, it's closer to just one because they're going to be 2-3 minutes each instead of a single 10-15 minute video. Personally, I don't really like long videos, but episodic videos are pretty cool, don'tcha think?

No actually they arent cool at all... I think thats what he was reffering to when he said dont become one of those "Combo vid kids" aka the people who put out a lot of videos...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Kirby = teh coolness, and four videos aren't a lot when it's one video broken into four parts.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I think it's so cool, I will make four Kirby videos as well. :lol:

Okay, Smashntendo, I'll add you to the front page listing.

Slater88

Smash Cadet
t!MmY said:
A southern Oregon tournament is dependant on someone in southern Oregon hosting it. Once it's announced, I'll add it to the list of Tournaments and Events.

Congrats on your win, now you have to see how well you do outside of Ashland. ;) The next Eugene smashfest is this Saturday and are usually held on the second weekend of every month. This month's TANG is going to be a big one, so you should definately consider going. If you need a ride from Eugene to Portland, we should be able to accomodate you.
Yea. I would like to go to TANG 17.0, but I probably can't make it. And I would host a southern Oregon tournament if I had the room for it at my house. Even if I did host a southern Oregon tournament, how many people would come to it?

Riot6777

Smash Ace
People would come if you made it worth there time to come I live in Se Portland a souther tournament I might go to if the prize looks nice

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey, I will be in Portalnd July 17-22 so I am interested in smashing with someone if I get time.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Come see me I live in Portland so we can hang out have a few money mayches and what not maybe just play for awail here's my number call me when you get in town....... (503)-788-9444 ask for me (David)-------(Riot)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, call me that week or something and I'll see if I can get time off from work or something. 971-998-6291 - James

Aftermath

Smash Champion
We'd probably do it at your house if that's ok, my mom's a bit mad at me and seems a bit edgy when i bring up having people over for smash.

I've never heard of Mitch Smith.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If you have Sunday off, you should visit poor Jesse who is all alone in Roseburg (and give us a ride too) :)

And, to answer Slater's question, T0MMY and I would try to make it to a So-OR smashfest so long as there's no other event going on at the time.

T0MMY

Smash Master
And we'd bring Tudios, and most likely Bart & Andy would show up because they live there. But, at the moment, we're a bit stuck on traveling, even locally.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Btw, what are the ages of the people in portland?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I was talking to the Portland area people, there's no chance of me ever driving 3 hours just to play against Jesse.

Sinz, I think the youngest is 17, most are 18-20 i think.

Anyway, David + other Portland people, would you be up for something on Sunday?

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
im quite possibly the youngest smasher in all of oregon. at 14 years of age, i think thats kinda hard to beat(for competitive play anyway).

Top Bottom