• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

T0MMY

Smash Master
t!MmY's IC's as two people ;^D haha
As for who is going to Gimpy's, I'd expect: me, t!MmY, James, Jesse, Kyle, Tyler, Shin, Tudios, and Andrew.
But I really don't know if Kyle or Tyler will john out...
and James will probably be grounded.
Jesse most likely will have saturday school.
Tudios might have to work.
Andrew won't be able to find a ride.
And me & t!MmY will be in Dallas for MLG.

So, nobody will go and the Gimp will have to money match himself. Boozer vs Boozer. :chuckle:

Speaking of MLG Dallas. Bus tickets are $125... anyone thinking about going? We're the Oregon reps, we should be attending every MLG event from west to east, north to south and every other major tourney.
Kind of sucks that Gimpy's event is on the same day and then Gameclucks changed their tourney to the day of TANG.

But I'm thinking since Gimpy's is so much closer and we've got a crew battle brewing with Washington at that time we're probably going to be there instead of Dallas.
So... I'm thinking we might get 5-8 people in on the Oregon vs Washington battle? 10v10, 40-stock would be great, but I don't think we'd be able to get 10 people up to Washington.
Who do we want on our team provided everyone will be able to go?
4 Eugenians & 4 Portlanders + 2 others?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Lol. Not Dallas, OR. Dallas, TX. Why would MLG have a tourney in any Dallas but Texas?

I doubt very many Oregonians will be attending MLG-anything because they just John their way out of it. I'd like to at least go to MLG L.A. and SF and/or Seattle if they have one.

:) Edit:
After a quick trip to MLGpro.com it looks like they will not have a SF or Seattle tourney. :urg:
Now, I'm thinking I should go to Dallas after all... anyone up for a carpool?

exodia275

Smash Journeyman
t!MmY said:
Lol. Not Dallas, OR. Dallas, TX. Why would MLG have a tourney in any Dallas but Texas?

I doubt very many Oregonians will be attending MLG-anything because they just John their way out of it. I'd like to at least go to MLG L.A. and SF and/or Seattle if they have one.

:) Edit:
After a quick trip to MLGpro.com it looks like they will not have a SF or Seattle tourney. :urg:
Now, I'm thinking I should go to Dallas after all... anyone up for a carpool?

Probally cheaper to fly.

T0MMY

Smash Master
TANG totally rocked.
We need to organize a trip to Dallas and get Gimpy to reschedule for a different day so we don't miss out.
Above all... I need to find a way to raise $125 to get down there!
And it's not cheaper to fly. It's about $400 to fly there.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, with the aftermath (pun intended) of the last TANG, it looks like a lot of Oregonians are itching for more Washington action. So with everyone going up to Gimpy's on the 20th, looks like MLG will be ignored.

So, who all from Oregon is planning on going to Gimpy's? I'm definately up for it!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, if you're willing to come, we can always try to squeeze you into someone's car. I know Jame's car can hold like eight or nine people. >_>

By the way, Gimpy said the smashfest might be delayed because his parents aren't being especially helpful in the matter.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ratking1234 said:
Also, Oregon smashers, we can use the OSM thread to talk more about it, but we need to start setting up regular smash fests. I know me James, Jesse and Tyler are going to actually play together more for a change, but we should start getting some large gatherings together once a month aside from TANG. Possibly have a .5 every month that consists of a smash fest. That way its more of a practice time setting.
I love this idea, but I don't think I'll be able to get up to Portland more than once a month. So far my dad has been very helpful by giving me, T0MMY, Tudios, and Shin a ride up there but I don't want to be too much of a ride mooch from him. I'd take a bus, but it's actually cheaper to carpool up there, and not like I actually have money anyway.

It would be really cool if you guys could make it to a Eugene Smashfest so we can basically share the travel distance. I even have a cool suprise for the next one: we're probably going to have a whole house dedicated to the Smashfest! This means spacious amounts of room for setups as well as multiple bedrooms to crash in. I'm going to go make a thread about it and update the Events Section here to keep you all informed.

About going to Gimpy/Tori/Josh's house: like I said, getting a ride more than once a month may be a problem. However, I really liked playing against the Washington smashers the last time I was up there, and Tudios said he'd most likely be able to go this time, and we're down for the crew battle, so maybe we can make it.

Anyway, I'm going to go make a Smashfest thread now. Ratking, don't let this cool Smash House opportunity pass us by! I'd love to see as many people from Portland make it to this thing.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Good to see plans for more frequent Smashing in motion. I'd totally be in on it except that I offically have NO weekends left (well, I'm doing some Smash this weekend, but not in Oregon <_<). Then I'll be off the map and at that point, I'll be seeing you on the Wii SSB in two years, kthxbai. >_>

exodia275

Smash Journeyman
T0MMY said:
TANG totally rocked.
We need to organize a trip to Dallas and get Gimpy to reschedule for a different day so we don't miss out.
Above all... I need to find a way to raise $125 to get down there!
And it's not cheaper to fly. It's about $400 to fly there.
Think about how many times you will have to fill up your tank at $3 a gallon. I have made that 2,000 mile trip before, its no pinic.

Anyone want to ride with me to gimpy's. I can take 2 extra people and I could use help with gas. Me and zapdos will be attending it regardless if anyone wants to carpool or not.

v4p

Smash Apprentice
t!MmY said:
Well, with the aftermath (pun intended) of the last TANG, it looks like a lot of Oregonians are itching for more Washington action. So with everyone going up to Gimpy's on the 20th, looks like MLG will be ignored.

So, who all from Oregon is planning on going to Gimpy's? I'm definately up for it!

Prom is the same night:(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Exodia, T0MMY and I might need a ride if it's still available for the Washington trip. Are you sure you can't squeeze Tudios into your car as well? :)

Slater88

Smash Cadet
I would like to come to the Eugene Smashfest but I'm not sure how I might get there. And I can only do Washington in summer.

On a slightly sort of related note, is there any plan yet for the Southern Oregon Smashfest?

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
So like should we make a seperate thread for me coming down in July or something?

Cause like I plan on staying in oregon for a couple weeks...

Edit: v4p I'm horribly down right now from allergies and because of it canceled all of my plans for today and tomorrow... So looks like you're getting a sig today!

exodia275

Smash Journeyman
The washington trip is still up in the air with me because I am not sure if I can get off. I am still trying though. If I can get off you guys can get a ride, is there anyway you can get to salem and I will take you the rest of the way?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Okay you hoodlums, check out the new Smashfest: Eugene vid me and T0MMY poured blood, sweat and tears into making:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1383902#post1383902

Hopefully this will get you all excited about this weekend's Smashfest. :D

Edit:

Slater: See if you can get a ride with Balloon.
Exodia: We should be able to find a way up to Salem.
NK: Go ahead and make a new thread. I know you will anyway. ;)

v4p

Smash Apprentice
NintendoKing said:
So like should we make a seperate thread for me coming down in July or something?

Cause like I plan on staying in oregon for a couple weeks...

Edit: v4p I'm horribly down right now from allergies and because of it canceled all of my plans for today and tomorrow... So looks like you're getting a sig today!
sweet! let me see it!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yatta Dante said:
Hm just found this thread. Bend doesn't seem to be on the list. XP
Maybe if the Bend players posted their names and the characters they play I'd add them. :psycho:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Exodia, double-check to make sure you're not scheduled to work or whatever for this weekend because you're our only chance at a ride up to the Gimpypalooza.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yatta Dante said:
Alrighty then. My Smash name is Heaven, and I use Fox and Mr. Game and Watch.
Cool, a G&W character. Now, show up to some OR events!

Yatta Dante

Smash Cadet
Dman told me about Tang, and I already put in the request for that time off. I'll hear back from my boss tomorrow.

The only thing I am going to try to work through is transportation. Instead of driving in Portland, I was going to see if it was possible to drive to Eugene and hitch a ride from there (I'm kinda uneasy about driving in Portland).

exodia275

Smash Journeyman
t!MmY said:
Exodia, double-check to make sure you're not scheduled to work or whatever for this weekend because you're our only chance at a ride up to the Gimpypalooza.

Right now I am trying to get friday off, and I need you to meet me here in salem about 3 in the afternoon friday. I can only take you and tommy so sorry tudios=( Im really looking forward to beating up on some washington players. Hey you guys can be my navigators ok? Talk to you guys later ok bye!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Tournaments & Events page has been updated (TANG 16 & 17, SoCal Roadtrip, etc)

Exodia, let me know when you're certain about getting Friday off.

Yatta, which TANG are you talking about? 16.0, or the big one in June (17.0)? There's definately enough room for anyone who wants to carpool up to any TANG we go to.

Yatta Dante

Smash Cadet
The one I was told about by Dman was the June 16th - June 19th one, so that's what I requested off.

If you guys are carpooling to that one, that would be awesome if I could hitch along. I just really want to avoid driving myself around Portland.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Looks like MLG updated the year's itinerary to include the dates of the events, so I'll go edit the front page (again).

Yatta:
Sure thing. If you can make it to Eugene, you can hitch a ride.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
There's talk about TANG 17 being changed to the 30th to coincide with the SoCal road trip. Derick told me how hard it is at your job to switch around days off, so I'm hoping this doesn't ruin your plans. :\

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh well. At least we can smash with Tudios and Shin this weekend now instead of leaving them alone in Eugene.

Top Bottom