• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm planning on the next Smashfest: Eugene to be on Sept. 30th, most likely including a tourney at Big City Gamin'. I still have to talk to the manager about it, but last time he gave us all the TV/setup with no charge.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah, well I am extending this to all states, so yeah. Click on my sig for more info.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Okay, it's official. Tourney @ Big City Gamin' on Sat. the 30th.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Awesome, I'll be in Eugene before then, so I'm in. =D
By the way, if people around Portland area want to get down, Bill and I are always up for it if you wanna come here and we can make trips to people's houses too.

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
I'd love to go to the Eugene Smashfest this 30th but I don't think I can find a ride all the way to Eugene.:crying: If anyone could help me out with that I'd be happy to chip-in on the cost of gas for the ride.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Master of Chu (MoC for short?), I believe Jesse and James will be coming down for the 30th, they'd probably give you a ride. Double check with them to make sure.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Awesome, I'll be in Eugene before then, so I'm in. =D
By the way, if people around Portland area want to get down, Bill and I are always up for it if you wanna come here and we can make trips to people's houses too.
I am in Colorado right now but I will be back to Portland in like 3 days would you like to be the first person to play me comeing back to Oregon lol :laugh: I would'nt mind a money match or two what do you say maybe a couple friendlys?

:psycho: ~ RIOT ~ :psycho:

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Master of Chu (MoC for short?), I believe Jesse and James will be coming down for the 30th, they'd probably give you a ride. Double check with them to make sure.
I will be comeing to the Eugene one can I just get driveing directions and this will be my first eugene tournament lol and Timmy don't we got a 25 cent Ice Climber money match to do???

FoosJr

Smash Ace
oh man i want to go to this but i would have to get a ride if anyone wants to help me out please pm me also if anyone just wants to play to practice for this also pm me.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Foos, posting here >>>>>>>>>>>>> PMs.

I'm not sure I can make it on the 30th, as it's like just about my first day of school, so your best bet would be to hitch a ride with Jesse's mom if he tries to convince her to go or to go with gayvid if he can drive now. But yeah, I won't know if I can go until the day before or something.

But yeah, for driving directions, the post that says the tournament has the address of the place, so just use http://www.mapquest.com or http://www.google.com to find how to get there.

David, either post or call my cell phone (971-998-6291) when you are back in town, I'd definitely be up for something since I have like no more work soon.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Okay, guys: the Smashfest thread has been posted. I even made a pretty banner for it and everything. Yay me! ^__^

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1723249#post1723249

I will be comeing to the Eugene one can I just get driveing directions and this will be my first eugene tournament lol and Timmy don't we got a 25 cent Ice Climber money match to do???
Wow, Riot's first Eugene tourney. Yes, we have to quarter-match in Ice Climber ditto. I thought I'd never get to do that again when you announced you were moving. *cries*

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yes, I know I'm double-posting... but oh well! (bumps thread back to front page)

James, do you know yet when the next TANG might be? I'm just wondering seeing as you'll be living on campus next month. I'd like to add TANG 20.0 to the front page just to keep things updated.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Hey Timmy Keith wants to be moved to competive smash list when he gos to the eugene tournament but it's really your call

And on a side note have you been training with your Ice Climbers? lol we still need a 25 cent money match lol

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's actually up to T0MMY to update the list since it his post, and he's oft lackidasical. And yes, I've been practicing for 17 hours every day with my Ice Climbers, so be prepared to lose!!!!!!

(Looks side to side, then runs off to practice)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Ok, so I live in PSU now. Anyone who wants to visit is welcome to, my address is 625 SW Jackson St, room 312, Portland, OR.

ZEOSTAR, I hear you go to this school as well, we should hook something up.

zeostar

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I live in PSU now. Anyone who wants to visit is welcome to, my address is 625 SW Jackson St, room 312, Portland, OR.

ZEOSTAR, I hear you go to this school as well, we should hook something up.
Actually, I go to PCC, but getting to PSU is a snap from Sylvania. They have this awesome shuttle service, free and gets from PSU to Sylvania in half the time it takes the bus. But, yeah, we should go play some Smash, I need to get some practice in. Send me a IM or something, it's sgtpepp2125.

Speaking of which, in a couple of weeks, I'm going to kick off my wednesday game day, which I dubbed Wed-NES-Days, going at Sylvania, we usually play Smash most of the time. Everyone is invited to come, and if you feel like bringing a system, great.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
So James, has YattaDante contacted you yet? He is now going to PSU as well and wants to get better. He's the first guy you fought when you dropped me off at Kumoricon. His AIM name is -

heavensclone.

Talk to him!!

Yatta Dante

Smash Cadet
Yo D-man! Yeah, James and I met up and played smash for a while. So far, the thing I need to work on most is my SHFFLs, especially when doing the Nair against James, and my waveshines. I sometimes miss the L-cancel from the drill, or never get enough distance in waveshines to reach the opponent while they are still stunned.

I fought Jesse also. I was a bit tired, but still, it was hard to keep up with him. I think I only knocked one or two stocks off him in a 5-stock (can't really remember).

Btw, hopefully I'll get able to travel with Aftermath to some of these smash fests. Not sure though, everything is still up in the air.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, make sure to come to Eugene again. I want to see how your Fox is progessing. I'm likely to see you at a TANG if James gets something going at PSU.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I'm not entirely certain when TANG can happen, it needs a venue. I'd say Jesse's house, but I don't think people would want to deal with his mom. So yeah, I'll be trying to work something out and I'll post as soon as I get more info on it.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Well, like I told James, we could always make TANG at my house and Keiths house. Sence he lives 5 feet away. Also, James told me that Timmy and Tommy both have alergies to cigarette smoke, and my mom is a smoker, and I have done my fair share of smokeing things. lol Anyway, I am just trying to figure out spots to do these things, thats all, sence Kyle doesn't play smash any more............... I could try my friend Ryan, he might be able to set something up. I will help you try and figure it out. There are about 3 places on my mind, 4 if you include my house and Keiths.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, I just talked to the video game club or whatever is here and they said they can definitely get me a room to hold TANGs in, and that it can be reserved for the entire term, so I'll talk to them again as soon as possible about setting up TANG 20.0.

The only thing I'm unure of now is housing, as my dorm is way too small for more than like 3 people (although if people don't care about room and sleeping space, 10 might be able to fit, I'd have to talk to my roommate), so I'll have to see about housing at Jesse's, Yatta Dante's if he's up for it, or somewhere else.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Nice i'm glad to hear that you set something up well you can count me in for TANG 20 I have nothing better to do until I find another job all I have been doing is playing Texas Holdem with people..........

:psycho: ~RIOT~ :psycho:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, I was wondering about housing if the only available room is a dorm. And, no, I can't stay in a smoking house. :(

Binx

Smash Master
Hey guys, is this in portland? cause if it is I might be able to bus it, I cant make it if trimet doesnt go there, but yeah, Ill check back in later.

Top Bottom