• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

T0MMY

Smash Master
Go to a pokemon forum and discuss your nerd game.
Oh, forgot, all of Smashboards is like half pokemon discussion... thx guys.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No... half of Smashboards is all about Pokemon.

Thanks for the info on Pick Up @ Gamefaqs. I guess that shows me what I need.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Arggh. I can only SWD 347 times out of 1000(Yes I really did try it 1000 times) I am looking to improve that to 500 by the end of the month. Any tips?

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Timmy, I just found $50.00 worth of quarters in my closet lol, so I'm going to purchase my Revolution 4 tomorrow :D

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Arggh. I can only SWD 347 times out of 1000(Yes I really did try it 1000 times) I am looking to improve that to 500 by the end of the month. Any tips?
Find a spot in which seems to work for you and your hands. For example, I find that (if I'm not moving and I'm starting from standing) that by the time Samus touches the ground, the 40 or so frames have gone by, and it works if I do the left right as I hit the ground. I haven't sat and done it 1000 times in a row, but if I did, I'd probably be around 850/1000. Its all about finding how fast your brain reacts and when you do it.

Another counter I use is as soon as I press the bomb, I count to 1. My brain does not count EXACTLY 1, and I know this, but by the time I say 1, in actuality the 40 or so frames have gone by (which is about 2/3 of a second), and I do it, and it works.

It just takes a lot of practicing. I did it for about an hour a day every day and thats how I got to where I am. Now I just need to play some real people more often...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Who's up for a WFC battle?
I have about half my team up to snuff and I want to try them out.

Also, I'm interested in trading Pokemons.
They can be garbage Pokemons as long as they have berriez!

Edit:
OMG, I just got a Dusk Stone twice in row @ lvl 33. Pickup master = me.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
You should link to things of interest Doc, that way it's easy to find them and do what you ask.

Timmy, I'd be up for a battle, go to AIM and stuff.

I'll be eating in a bit though.

Would you want to do just 3v3, since I only have one of my pokemon's EVs and IV's where I want them, and very few pokemon above 50.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't have any pokemon with any IV or EVs that I want yet. But I do have my adventuring party which would be fun to battle with, so 3-vs-3 would be fine. Standard accepted rules, plz.

Edit:
Doc, we've already talked to SDM and would like to help him, but that's rather intensive work, so I declined (I don't want to download and familiarize myself with yet another form of editing software).

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
So, t!MmY/James, I've heard and read about IV's and EV's, but I have no clue how to use/get/acquire them, so, if you have a page all about them or something like that, I'd appreciate it.

Also, t!MmY, what level is your team? Approximately?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Base Stats = the basic attributes of a Pokemon (1 - 255) for each Stat (ATT, DEF, etc). So, like all Dittos have a Base ATTACK of 48.

IV = Inherent Value. An invisible modifier to each Pokemon's stats (+0 to +32). This makes each Pokemon you catch unique in its stats, and some more powerful than others.

EP = Effort Points. Another non-displayed modifier to stats. Each time you KO a pokemon you get an EP, usually +1 in it's most obvious stat, like +1 Speed EP for KOing Pichu, or +1 Attack EP for KOing Machop. Every 4 EPs = +1 to a stat. Each stat can have a maximum of 255 EPs and a TOTAL of 510 for all stats combined.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My team level is approximately high 30's, though I've got 3 to 40. I'm working on getting six up to 50 soon.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Actually timmy, you're a bit wrong.

IV = Initial Value, Inherent Value, or Individual Value, depending on where you first read about it. It gives a 0-31 point bonus in each stat. When breeding, one IV is chosen at random from both the male and female, and then a third randomly from one of them. The other three IVs are determined randomly on the pokemon. The 0-31 point bonus is at level 100, and has more effect the higher the level. This is the most accurate IV calculator for D/P

EVs = Effort Values. This is a good guide to figure out about them and plan where to train for EVs.

4 EVs = 1 stat point at level 100. So if you're a low level, you're not getting 63 free stat points, but a ratio of that so that you're not super powered.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, the only thing I was wrong about was +0 to +31, mine being one point off. The rest is just detail. Not bad for not having done this since Ruby/Sapphire.

And I want berries. :grumble:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I have:
Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, Oran, Persim, Lum, Sitrus, Figy, Wiki, Mago, Aguav, Iappa, Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Wepear, Pinap, Pomeg, Hondew, Grepa, Tomato, Cornn, Magost, Rabuta, Nomel, Spelon, and Durin.

Any berry not mentioned above would be yummy in my tummy and I would be able to trade for any of the above.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I need a new monitor. Mine died. No surprise- it's at least 14 years old. Anyone have any laying around?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I do, you can have it, though it's small and stupid.

Edit:
I just realized that if you've been using a 14 year old monitor, mine probably isn't bad at all , in comparison.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I feel so left out with all of this pokemon talk.. I don't even have diamond or pearl yet, which is almost embarassing becuase I've been a hardcore pokemon game fan ever since the first one. I'm lacking funds, but hopefully my birthday next week can cover that.

My bro has it though, and ironically he doesn't even have a DS (his car got broken into, with that taken), so he ninja'd mine.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Well timmy, you remember the big ****er in my dorm? If it's smaller than that and gets at least 1024, I'll be happy.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Aw, ninjas get all the fun.

"Zubat!" Doesn't that sound like a ninja bursting out from cover?

Edit for Josh:
It's probably 460i and larger... and uses an Xbox 360 power cord....

Edit for Otto:
I would hope at least some WA smashers show up to GC.

Notice:
I just found out - the hard way - that you can't have more than 999,999 pokebucks. Spend it freely.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I can't answer the phone because I don't own one.
The monitor is at my mom's house, so it probably won't be here tomorrow unless of course by fortuitous circumstances.

Top Bottom