• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'll be making it to every tang possible, and anything else thats not too far away.

And I would have accepted that offer James, but I was really busy today =/ meant to reply earlier, but my dad had me go shopping with him to get a new big screen, which I can't way to play smash on. But if you could give me rides to later smashfests' and other far away things that would be great, I would pitch in money for that.

And on that note, how was/is smashfest?

Attention James:
You now owe me 1$ for taking out Kyle.
As for the other deal we had, sorry, I didn't even bother to play him.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, the other deal was sort of contradictory, so you completed it I guess.

I'll give you the dollar next time we see each other and challenge you to $5 best of 3.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Do I get money for me and ammon beating Jesse and Kyle in 2v2's, and for beating Jesse in a mm? I think I should. I should also get +rep.

Digital Watches

Smash Ace
Sweet! I've been trying to get into the competitive smash scene lately. Also been trying to get good at the game in general, but playing people much better than me will probably help with that... SO. I'm a Zelda/Sheik/Jigglypuff player, and I live in Portland. What events/tourneys have I not missed yet?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
And, as a reminder, the first page of this thread has a list of events (on the second post).

Edit:
James, how are the TANG 20 vids coming? They should be finished before TANG 21. >_>

I already have three matches captured (MoC, FoosJr, Tudios) but have hit a snag with the capture card. If I can't fix the problem, then I'll get to editing the matches I already have captured and put them online.

And, lastly:
Being vegan = technical Fox.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Sweet! I've been trying to get into the competitive smash scene lately. Also been trying to get good at the game in general, but playing people much better than me will probably help with that... SO. I'm a Zelda/Sheik/Jigglypuff player, and I live in Portland. What events/tourneys have I not missed yet?
Hey, where in Portland do you live? I live on 82nd next to Foster RD so if your close and would like to play just let me know....

Where is TANG 21 going to be?

:psycho: ~RIOT~ :psycho:

T0MMY

Smash Master
I thought Dawg wasn't playing Smash anymore (so said Ratking) so I removed him from the list. But now I have him under non-competitive. Also, I added Digital Watches.

I think I'm going to have a form for competitive players to fill out that can only be obtained at OSM sanctioned tournements. Anyone I have on record will be added to the competitive player list.
For those players who just want to find people for casual, non-competitive play, they can contact me any way they want phone, email, snail mail, pony express, telepathy, etc. and I will add them.
Maybe we should submit this information to Simna for his Global Smash Compendium thing.

And as a sidenote: I hope no video was captured of my matches this last Smashfest, because I was either half asleep or fully asleep while playing. Please destroy any video that was captured of me, kthx.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I caught you on your first match, so I'm uploading it. Plus the Crew Battle will be uploaded, which you are also in. So, nyah.

Edit:
In what order should I present the videos? Should I post links as I finish each one, or would you rather I wait until all the Singles are edited and uploaded before I give links?

Or, should I edit everything first - Singles, Montage, Crew Battle - and then put links for everything up at once?

OC George

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, I was cruising the boards because a friend of mine down at OSU said he smashed with some kids who actually knew how to play and "knew who Dawg and Ratking were" and had been to tournies with us(probably a TANG). Anyone know any smashers who go to OSU? I cant remember anyone but I havent played in a while, apparently the kid/kids used to live in Beaverton. Just kinda curious who these kids are, I probably know em but my friends didnt get any smashboards names. If anyone knows any OSU smashers or if you are the guy who beat the **** outta my friend(cocky ganondorf player who probably thought he was going to win), speak up!
Hey whats up dawg! You dont know me. We've played once at a lil get together at james's house back in sherwood. I brought my friend, Tyler, and we smashed with you guys. But uh yeah. Tron (Andy) and i met up at a tourney at OSU. I go there and apparently he does too. He saw the "legendary Corvallis Smasher" and I play. So he was like, it looks like you guys know what your doing so lets play. So we played and i beat his ganon. It was kinda close. Then i let Chris (LCS) play and Andy got slaughtered. lol. So yeah. It is I, OC George and LCS that played with Tron.

BTW. He said your supposedly the best smasher out of you three (dawg, tron, and ratking) you just never go to tourneys like Ratking does.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
I thought Dawg wasn't playing Smash anymore (so said Ratking) so I removed him from the list. But now I have him under non-competitive. Also, I added Digital Watches.

I think I'm going to have a form for competitive players to fill out that can only be obtained at OSM sanctioned tournements. Anyone I have on record will be added to the competitive player list.
For those players who just want to find people for casual, non-competitive play, they can contact me any way they want phone, email, snail mail, pony express, telepathy, etc. and I will add them.
Maybe we should submit this information to Simna for his Global Smash Compendium thing.

And as a sidenote: I hope no video was captured of my matches this last Smashfest, because I was either half asleep or fully asleep while playing. Please destroy any video that was captured of me, kthx.
Well, Tommy I think if your going to make people sign something you should have everyone agree on it first, I dont like giveing out to much information and what not because I dont beleave in our goverment..... investagate 9/11 ....... anyway with all that a side I will be fine with your signing of this thing just as long as I know your not going to give it out to stupid people and I will not give out to much info, so my point is everyone should agree with your little signing.

Also this gos to James are you going to pay for your self in TANG 21? or are you just going to play for free again im just wondering because acording to Oregon law in order to hold a little gambleing event such as this would require the host to also pay the fee that he is makeing everyone else pay. I remmeber at TANG 20 there was a little problem with agreement, I and others think you should pay your way in as well, it's part of being a host. I know I have been told you could get in truble if someone was a little bit bothered by the fact that you might trying to take people for there money free for you pay for us I dont see fair host doesn't mean you get all the byes it just means you chose to play as well.

With all this stupid chatter aside where is TANG 21 going to be im sure if it was at the same place...... GUN/MANGLER and myself would like to come if it's not to out of the way maybe GUN AND I can play teams lol

L8RZ

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
David, I think the information t0mmy wants is so basic any government conspirator worth his salt could find it without following SSB paper trails. You know, Gamer Tag, City, and Character(s) played.

I agree that hosts should start paying their own entrance fees to be fair for everyone. And to be completely fair, 20% should be taken out of the pot to compensate for electricity, food, time, and miscellaneous services that hosts provide for organizing the tournaments.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
James runs a bad tournament. hes unfair and bias. He should also have to pay. I cant believe I never saw the sound logic and arguement you presented before you made it gayvid, thanks for opening my eyes to this. This concern should be investigated and possibly voted on through a poll!

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Kyle, t!mmy's post and idea was meant to mock Gayvid and show him why being "fair" doesn't apply, congrats on picking up on that.

If I were taking money out or banking on this in any way, then I'd pay, but as it is and Kyle can attest to, the host loses way more money on random things for the tournament than anyone pays in entry fees.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Oh I see... You want to mock me for not seeing sarcasm through text james... Fine..... James should pay, he runs a corrupt tournament and has unfair brackets, that make it easier for him to steal peoples money... I am editing my original post, you wont see any remote help from me on this subject now

DOWN WITH HOSTS PLAYING FOR FREE!!

Hey OR, how does going up to Canada as a caravan again sound???
It shoud be on the 16th/17th of December. There will be crew battles. :D
did i mention s-royal from japan will be there? you all know him from NCT2.
heres the thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=88947
I think from WA going, it ill be Me, Tori, Eggz, Teddy/Bladewise, and zeru.
s-royal wants this big.^^

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Timmy, I vote Montage, Singles, then Teams if you got them. The Montages are the best part.

And Kyle, James and I decided to split the winnings, not to spite you, but because we both needed a little extra money for the Wii coming out this weekend. So you don't owe me anything, and James just johns sometimes. Everyone does. So, no hard feelings, huh?

Except for that comment about me not being that good. . .I hate you James:embarrass

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah, I am sure I didn't say you suck, as Kyle is the one that says you suck, but play weird characters and do decently because of that. I chose Bart over you because I thought he was doing well against Silent in some friendlies I was watching and Doc is better against Fox than Peach (which is probably untrue). I just can't believe that out of all your characters, I never really beat your Peach, which I had considered one of my stronger matchups up to that point.

Timmy, did Foos leave you his Teams footage? If so, then release the stuff in this order: Teams, Montage, Singles, Crew.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mind not being in crews. Even if I might of done better, Bart wanted to play, so that's okay. I can sit out every once in a while. It's just a game. . .:chuckle:

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I was going to give him my teams footage but the lighting at BCG was so horrable that you couldn't tell what was going on half of the time. also Tommy was like passing out during teams lol Taunt, taunt, b of the edge ftw.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Yeah, but next time let me play Falcon, James. I'll always do infinitely better against any character, regardless that Doc is a Fox counter, if I'm Falcon.

Oh and also, I didn't even get to face SW in the crew battle cause you sent me in against Tori... which wasn't necessarily bad, but I was ready to fight Fox XD.

Aw man, Timmy I thought you meant you were going to do the whole match for people. I would have preferred the Dream Land round with James. Oh well x].

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Ok, whatever I just wish you guys new more about Oregon law but maybe one day you will see........

Timmy- you dont know what your talking about at all maybe you will know one day when it's to late.

Kyle- Listen man you just try and fit in here because you have no real friends of your own you quit smash so much it's insane and I always hear it's because you dont feel like your as good as your little fan boy group skypal....... your nothing but a washed up hippie dude sorry to break it to you :laugh:

James- run the tournaments how you will I just think if you get called on it one day and you get in troble it's your own falt.... you should just watch out sence your toury are geting larger...

T0MMY

Smash Master
lol @ David.
The information I want is basically what all of you have given to me already and it really can't be linked to you in any conspirital way. Your gamer name, character used, and what city you live in. I want to do this so that it is updated every tournement and people who actually register for a tournement will be added to the competitive list because part of the fee they pay to enter will go to registry (it sounds so professional now). But if anyone is super paranoid about giving gamer names and character info the process is optional and it'll just mean less work for me, so I don't care, hah.

And I was hoping to see how I played in the Teams tournement, considering I can't remember much about what was going on. I vaguely remember singles and how everything took one second longer than what I was seeing.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
I've been reading about you guys talking about "that Doc", Was there a Doc player at SF:E? I really hope there was because I suck and I don't even play Doc, but my Name is Doc_Holiday. So could someone clear that up for me? Oh ya and T0mmy, My gamertag is Doc_Holiday, Live in Salem, and I play Falco & Marth. I was at the most recent TANG so put me under competitive or non-competitive. JUST PUT ME ON THERE!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Aside from video updates, I'm going to take a break posting for a bit until things slow down. It's like I've stumbled into the CA threads or something. :D

Capturing is going well. I'm working on a quick montage which I hope to have done by tonight if all continues as planned. I should have all the singles edited and uploaded soon thereafter. I promise to have the Crew Battle finished by Saturday before we all camp out for the Wii. That is, unless something goes terribly wrong (hopes he doesn't jinx himself).

Back to editing I go.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Bart, you impress me because I can tell you really want to improve. Most people only want videos up of them winning, but the video you chose was the one you could learn the most from.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I should have the video up in an hour, eight o'clock by the latest. Check back at those times for updates! :D

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Will do Timmy hope it's as good as the last 2 that i've seen, i wouldn't expect any less from it though especially because crew battles were awsome

Top Bottom