• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Count me in for the candy matches!

I have trick or treat candy to gamble, so... He who has the most candy at the end wins at life. :)

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Sounds good! So that means the list will be Timmy, Kevin, Tudios, and myself. There's always more that could join so tell me and I will update this Temporary list ;)

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Candy matching... I like it :)

And think I could get added to the list of competative players? Or did I get my butt kicked too badly at Tang? XD
If you could...
Kami, Samus/Link, Portland/Lake Oswego

I've gotten a lot better too, now that I've played some of you guys and gotten the feel for playing new smash players and much more techer/advanced players, I'm a lot more confident in my skill to actually stand a chance against some of you guys XD

Also... whats everyone doing this weekend? Would anyone be up for a smash tourny at me/or Kaze's house? Maybe not even a tourny, just a gathering at least. Probably Sunday afternoon, originally this was just going to be a tourny for a bunch of LO players (pretty much all noobs cept me and Kaze...) but we figure if some of you/any of you guys could make it down, it would be much more interesting than destroying a bunch of people who can't even wavedash.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Competitive players are those who regularly attend tournaments.

And I was picking on Shin earlier because he didn't go to TANG 20 like he said he was.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
How many tournys do I need to go to, to be considered competative?

Still really new to the system, thats why I've only been to 1 tourny so far.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's not the number of events, but how regularly you attend. Also, events where the quality of competition is important - going to TANG, for instance, is more competitive than GameCrazy tournaments.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Being competitive is not a rank or title to look forward to, it's no more special than being an everyday player. You can be noncompetitive and still be better than those who compete. Don't worry about it.

exodia275

Smash Journeyman
Being competitive is not a rank or title to look forward to, it's no more special than being an everyday player. You can be noncompetitive and still be better than those who compete. Don't worry about it.

You could be...
but chances are you are not. Just because you can beat a level 9, doesn't make you good. You need to play other"good" players. Competitive smashing gives you all the competition you will ever need.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
You could be...
but chances are you are not. Just because you can beat a level 9, doesn't make you good. You need to play other"good" players. Competitive smashing gives you all the competition you will ever need.
Wow, how much of a noob do you think I am? O_o

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
For those of you who want to be good with Meta Knight, better practice up your Kirby. ^_^
He's a complete Kirby clone.

PS: Money match him Josh!

T0MMY

Smash Master
I updated the first post to include Kami as competitive. But if he doesn't show up very much to tournements he'll slip down to the normal player list. I'd like the list to be a little more dynamic. Maybe for each tournement someone enters they get a point towards their total and the more points earned the higher up you go on the list to show activity or progress.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
If he did have drillshines he'd just have a larger and more disjointed hitbox. But yeah, the DS fox is the worst model they ever could have gone with, he's really jumpy too.

Pit still looks broken, so that's a big plus.

Also, WA, take out ratking in the gameclucks tournament, I'll give whoever knocks him out or into loser's a dollar.
Wow James, thanks for being such a prick. Now I am going to try harder then ever, just to thwart you like always... Then again, I think it would be more benificial if I could come up with a way to get eliminated 200+ times. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

edit: After thought, that makes me not wanna go to GC almost, just to come to eugene and RUIN you... But I probably wont cause the WA practice at SKYPAL house is tooooooo gooooood to pass up.

OC George

Smash Apprentice
obviously you don't have a toyota prius like OC George.....
YAY!!! Toyota Prius(s) rock!!! They get you where you wanna go....pronto with little to none gas usage...lol... Maybe a lil over exageration there. Maybe not. There lean mean and a non gas eating machine. YAY!!!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, Kyle isn't competitive because he's missing out on SF:E this month. :p
and because silent wolf can't beat Kirby without camping.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Tournament list updated with TANG 21's date.
I'll re-update when the thread is made.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Yeah, Kyle isn't competitive because he's missing out on SF:E this month. :p
and because silent wolf is truly awesome.
2 falsities here.... First that silent wolf is truly awesome.... Only a absurd mod would edit a post with such nonsense in it.... oh....

secondly, I am not competitive because: How do hop short blast????!?!??!

Top Bottom