• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Aftermath

Smash Champion
PMs are just as troublesome as posting here I think since it's still a slow back and forth. Ideally, I'd want to like all eave from one place instead of driving to multiple places (I hate city driving), so like, we'd need to find somewhere you and Kami can meet up that would work. But yeah, PM me your address and I'll mapquest it out and see.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If James can get the videos up by Tuesday then he will have put in overtime with video capturing. Remember, not only does he have school but he's leaving out of state for NCT-red and has hours of matches to get through. Video editing, even just simple VCR transfer, is very time consuming; you don't just pop the tape into your comp and have it appear online.

Basically, take your time James. We will wait patiently and appreciate the work you're doing for us.

Edit:
Please don't think the above post is meant to be angry-sounding, I know how much fun you all had at TANG. The above statements came from an animator/editor's viewpoint. ;)

Also, I know I promised to have a SF:E thread up with all the details before leaving for NCT2, but getting ahold of the manager at BCG isn't exactly a fast process. I will have one up as soon as time allows when I get back from NCT2. Kthnxbai.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
alright timmy sounds good and i also agree with you about your statement on the TANG vids, even though i doubt James would start to neglect his school work over the videos.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Jizames! If you send Reggie and I a zip of all the vids, we can upload them onto youtube so you don't have to. Soooo less work for you after you finish your homework and Red Version.

*isn't trying to subtly rush you, just offering help*

FoosJr

Smash Ace
to answer your qestion exodia yes there will be, at least one i believe unless it somehow gets canceld but i heard from a relaible source (Timmy) if the tournament can't be held at Big City Gaming than he would hold it in his apartment.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yup, Smashfest: Eugene is always held at my apartment. The BCG tournaments are an additional bonus. If BCG can't host the tourney, then I just move it to my apartment.

(is back after a long drive from NCT2)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Silent, I don't think Oregon has enough people, and I think you've probably already lumped us into some order.

Foos, yeah, I have room in the car, so like, as it gets closer to the time of going, just AIM me (Aftermath rar) and we can get things sorted out.

Eggz, making a zip file wouldn't help at all, uploading is the least hassle out of the process. But yeah, I'm going to start on them soon.

Timmy, I think you took one of the TANG 20.0 tapes that had the finals, I'm not sure, but yeah, there should be three tapes and I only have the two that Doc_Holiday brought.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I took the tape I used for recording Kirby matches. I don't think that's the one you're looking for because I've already gone through all of it and there's nothing but Kirby. If you can remember what the tape looked like I'll check for it - my tapes are all in disarray right now so randomly watching each one would be insanity.

spokenking

Smash Rookie
OMG!!! I'm an oregon Smash Master! I live at my grandma's house.. in PORTLAND!!!

Now update this list, or I will destory your you and send your family and friends to Battle Royale Island and give them forks for weapons, and only 10 minutes.

Ill do it.

Fox is my main.

Love yall, from Spoken, the king

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'll get t0mmy to update the list since it needs updating. >_>

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
such a power ranking would probably have me around the bottom or something T-T
i think i've played MOST of the oregon guys, still haven't played riot though. i can sorta imagine what the oregon power ranking would look like

EDIT: oh yeah, squish that, haven't played mr. ratking either.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I guess I'm competitive now, aren't I? I held my own against DSF for the most part.. >_>

FoosJr

Smash Ace
naw kevin i think that you would be in the middle and then me and my firends might be around the bottom. idk according to my amazing match up at TANG 20 i never really got to play so much.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's funny, I would not put Kevvviiinnn at the bottom of any OR Power Rankings - but if you went strictly off tournament placement he would be really low since he's only been to like two TANGs and hasn't yet placed well. Sort of how Isai isn't #1 simply because of tournament results, I guess.

And, yes Josh, you're competitive. Moreso than some others I could think of (pokes at Shin).

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Josh, DSF wasn't trying his hardest against you. The truth is that I can beat you, and DSF would probably 2-4 stock me guaranteed. Hopefully that didn't come off as too mean, but it is true and even in tournament, pros usually don't try their hardest against those worse than them, just like how Ken was only 2 stocking most people in my pool and Omar himself says that he never intentionally 4 stocks anyone because he wouldn't make them want to feel bad and in friendlies he tries to make the games as close as possible. But yeah, you've definitely improved like five-fold since we first met you.

Oregon power rankings are a bad idea.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
^agreed.

Timmy when is the smashfest info comin out?

and just so you know incase you didn't already, for my competative smash information i main Sheik and live in Oregon City.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Haha, James you have 1337 posts. And I'm aware that he wasn't going all out against me, hence the ".. >_>"

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I have an appointment to speak with the manager this afternoon at 3:00p.

However, I will make the thread now since I will be using modified MLG rules (simplifying and clarifying).

FoosJr

Smash Ace
right on, sorry if it feels like im trying to push you into somthing or you get the feeling im angery with you, i would just like to know the basics so i can run it by my parents to get their approval.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Josh, you were already listed as a competitive player since... TANG 19 I think.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You're not competitive until you capitalize your sentences. :D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ha ha. Oregon has such high standards.

Happy Halloween, everyone. (^_^)

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
My roommates went crazy and bought way too much candy. Even though we had a lot more ToT'ers this year(last year we had 1), we still have a buttload of candy. I bring some to have candy matches.

Top Bottom