• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Owned n00b!

Edit: My parents aren't gonna take me to anymore tourneys because they're weird. So that means you guys will need other people to bring tapes, and speaking of tapes, are those videos up yet?

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Are there any oregon smashers that go to Sprague High School, South High School or any other valley league high school (besides redmond because you shouldn't be in our league anyways, freaking 2 hour drive to play one away game of soccer).

Juce

Smash Ace
Duke, there's a game store tournament on the 11th of this month, if you haven't already seen it, it's the Smashfest Eugene thread. It's going to be at Big City Gamin', so No Johns on not being able to make it, it's like only an hour away and it's in a game store.

If I were nicer and more comptuer literate, I'd link a thread, but yeah...

Nice sig.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Nobody in Oregon is competitive, I'm removing all of your names.
Except for Shin's because he does the most traveling.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Tommy i like how you separated northern Oregon and Southern Oregon, maybe we should have a north vs south crew battle lol

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for putting me on the list :) I'll be going to as many as I can

...now to completely contradict myself... I can't go to Smashfest, waay to far of a drive (for my parents that is, if I was 16 I wouldn't care), and I really appologize for that.

When May comes around, and I'm 16, I'll be making any and every tournament. Sadly untill then, I'll only be making things that aren't too far off, but I'm still gonna do everything I can to go to tournys, really the only thing holding me back is rides.

Hmm... maybe I can host my own tournys soon, to make up for the lack of tournys I can go to :)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That sucks. Don't forget, you can get rides with other players, unless your parents don't want you going out of town by yourself. And, there's always TANG, since your fortunate enough to live in Portland.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Hey, so I got MoC's PM, so I'll be talking to him soon, but I think that instead of trying to coordinate everyone getting to my house in Tualatin or some other meeting place, if whoever is going with me throws in $5 extra for gas I'll just pick them up from wherever.

However, if it is a short bus ride for you, try to get to either the PSU campus (my address here is 625 SW Jackson St) or my house in Tualatin (8815 SW Iroquois Dr). From the PSU campus, we can meet up and bus back to my house and leave, or if you're going to Tualatin, I can just get you from there.

So yeah, check http://www.trimet.org about those and see if any are under an hour to those destinations, as it'll probably take me an hour for each person I"m picking up, especially Oregon City folk.

But yeah, Kami, if you'd like and your parents would be ok with it, I'd definitely be able to give you a ride to and from SF: E. It's $5 for gas normally and then an extra $5 if you want the pick up service (as city driving destroys my gas tank).

T0MMY

Smash Master
Tommy i like how you separated northern Oregon and Southern Oregon, maybe we should have a north vs south crew battle lol
I would if Nor OR would get get their act together :p
One kind of annoying part is that Nor OR has a lot more Smashers, So Or is mostly just Eugene and Shin doesn't travel outside of Eugene, and Balloon is the furthest from everyone and is usually lured into crewing with Nor Or because he's a traitor, haha.
But, yeah, we'll try to get a crew battle together next time Kyle, Shin, & Balloon are all in the same place (which may never happen :chuckle: )

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I vote Northern Oregon is abbreviated 'N-OR' and Southern Oregon is abbreviated 'S-OR'.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
ATTN:T0MMY, Put me on the list! Competitive or non-competitive, I don't care. I was that n00bish Falco you played a bazillion times in friendlies at the last TANG, the 13 year old Italian kid. I live in Salem, add me now!

GAYB

Smash Cadet
you should add some names to that list. Gabe- Fox/Falco. Max- Fox/samus. Josh- Samus/luigi and tom samus/ice climbers. We are all from portland oregon and we could basically own any one of you on this website, make a tournament in the portland area and we'll prove it to u

exodia275

Smash Journeyman
you should add some names to that list. Gabe- Fox/Falco. Max- Fox/samus. Josh- Samus/luigi and tom samus/ice climbers. We are all from portland oregon and we could basically own any one of you on this website, make a tournament in the portland area and we'll prove it to u

I remember before I had been to any tournies, and thought I could own everyone too. Those were days..............

Timmy and Tommy.......
I will never be able to be competitive because I can never be that serious about winning lol.

Master of Chu

Smash Cadet
I remember before I had been to any tournies, and thought I could own everyone too. Those were days..............
I'd like to say the same but ironically I came to my first touney thinking I was going to get owned by everyone and ended up not doing to badly. :laugh:

And Gayb, if you want to prove something you should go to the next Tang. It's in the Portland area and going to Oregon tounaments is the only way to get on the competitive part of the list.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
wow, you shouldn't come on this site and start talking smash i don't even care if you are joking talking s*** isnt cool
Lemme fix this one for you Foos
wow, you SHOULDNT come on this site and start talking smash [This part is correct so far Foos, you should NOT talk about smash its garbage..] i don't even care if you are joking talking SH*T IS COOL
GAYB should be added to the list, I dunno about the others he listed, I havent seen them yet... If anyone doubts him... Well you are foolish, hes money in the bank. (Sh*t talking on smash boards FTW Gabe lolol) I have played with him millions of times. His fox is trained by none other then myself and Dawg ^_^. GAYB > Oregon + Sacramento!!! lolol. Then again I am not from oregon, or a part of competitive oregon smash.... So Don't take my word for it. I will just add him to my list

Kyles World of Owningoregon: Ratking, Juce(if he can get through all of infinite melee, doing nothing but infinite shine WDing combos), GAYB, Dawg(maybe)... Thats right non-oregon from oregon represent!!! :dizzy:

On a serious note... GAYB was supposed to take Andy(Tron)'s spot on the CMO sig awhile ago, but we never got around to fixing it. SHINE SPIKE! lolololololololzzzzzzzzzz

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
wow, you shouldn't come on this site and start talking smash
But all we talk is Smash. Ha ha.

GAYB, come to SmashFest:Eugene this Saturday. If you can't make that, come to TANG in Portland on Dec. 1st.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
TANG is the 2nd of December, I should get the thread up soon though.

Doesn't Gabe play Luigi?
Shows how much you know... That was his original main... He pwns with samus and fox now... Fox being his primary... Samus is garbage anyway, all she has is bomb jumps and a little bit of weight.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
I'd like to say the same but ironically I came to my first touney thinking I was going to get owned by everyone and ended up not doing to badly. :laugh:

And Gayb, if you want to prove something you should go to the next Tang. It's in the Portland area and going to Oregon tounaments is the only way to get on the competitive part of the list.
yeah my first tourney (tang 19) i thought i would be the worst one there... but i didn't do so bad either, eh? i think... otherwise, i did pretty bad.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Ya you still have that title, but im not even competitive anymore, one tourney is all I got. My parents won't take me to anymore because they don't want to spend their Saturdays taking me up to Portland or Eugene. Too bad, so sad.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
that sucks doc i kinda know how you feel but you can get rides with other smasher just like what T!mmy said all you gotta do is come up with the moolah for these small tourneys

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Well, I don't think anyone that lives in Portland is gonna come all the way down to Salem to pick me up for a TANG. No one would do that, but if anyone here in Salem is competitive and htey wouldn't mind picking me up, I would pay for some gas or whatever.

Edit: Im still not on the list, and there is no one from Salem that is competitive.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Actually, you're lucky because Salem is between Eugene and Portland. So you might be able to get a ride from people going from Portland to Eugene or vice versa.

Warpstar Warrior 4: Milkyway Wishes... coming today!

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
hey you sons of *****es, just cause I dont come to tournies doesnt mean I shouldnt atleast be on the non-competitive players list!

Anyways, I was cruising the boards because a friend of mine down at OSU said he smashed with some kids who actually knew how to play and "knew who Dawg and Ratking were" and had been to tournies with us(probably a TANG). Anyone know any smashers who go to OSU? I cant remember anyone but I havent played in a while, apparently the kid/kids used to live in Beaverton. Just kinda curious who these kids are, I probably know em but my friends didnt get any smashboards names. If anyone knows any OSU smashers or if you are the guy who beat the **** outta my friend(cocky ganondorf player who probably thought he was going to win), speak up!

BTW kyle if you for some reason read this before I tell you about it, charlie just told me about this and holy **** its hilarious. Andy strolled into this campus tourny thinking he had it in the bag and got 4-stocked by some random kids who knew how to play LOLOLOLOL

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Tyler, Kyle says that all you play is Samus and Jigglypuff now. Obviously people who only play joke characters like that can't be on the list and at risk of disgracing Oregon with poor character choices.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Probably kevvviiinnn. But, hey your Bowser is actually good. Unlike most people. But, hey you still play mean top tiers.

Top Bottom