• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Timmy, I really don't think people will think of online "tournaments" and real life tournaments as equal.

T0MMY

Smash Master
ROB is awesome.
I'm going to play a lot of evolved-Pichu, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, Sheik, and probably Zamus... oh and Lucario.
Brawl is so much better than Melee.
They did A LOT of changes from the demo at E for All, Ike was buffed and I think Metaknight was nerfed.
Also, I'm sad they nerfed Sheik, but her cool new costume makes up for that I'll overlook it.
The character balance is so much better.

And we haven't unlocked every character yet... we'll try to get everything ready by tomorrow.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Rad... Adam (icraq) just got everything unlocked on his Wii yesterday I believe... I'll get my copy on Monday probably... if not, then on Tuesday. I'm pretty excited to have it :).

Marth is **** :)

Balloon

Smash Lord
Too bad Melee was just about as balanced as any fighting game could get.

I predict Brawl becoming ultimately less balanced.

Binx

Smash Master
Well, baring any more imba advanced techs with certain characters its looking like a few characters will be really good, I dont know what kind of movement style we will be using yet though so its tough to say, obviously the heavyweight characters have gotten a lot of buffs in this game since gimping isn't so easy, also they armor frames will eventually be discovered and will make them even tougher.

Also when we discover more ways to actually combo in the game and successfully edgeguard it will obviously change the game a bit, even now snake has a huge weakness in his recovery that has been discovered, DDD has a pretty good chain throw vs most characters, Marth is AMAZING, peach is AMAZING, ROB is AMAZING.

keeper

Smash Champion
Well, baring any more imba advanced techs with certain characters its looking like a few characters will be really good, I dont know what kind of movement style we will be using yet though so its tough to say, obviously the heavyweight characters have gotten a lot of buffs in this game since gimping isn't so easy, also they armor frames will eventually be discovered and will make them even tougher.

Also when we discover more ways to actually combo in the game and successfully edgeguard it will obviously change the game a bit, even now snake has a huge weakness in his recovery that has been discovered, DDD has a pretty good chain throw vs most characters, Marth is AMAZING, peach is AMAZING, ROB is AMAZING.
Don't forget that some characters have almost zero landing lag on certain attacks which makes it so they have a good attack to do damage and set up kills.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I can already see some characters are clearly better than others in Brawl. And of course there's not going to be perfect balance in a game with this many choices in unique character selection. But right now there's definitely less of a gap between tiers.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for smash at my house tomorrow?

2091 Countryclub Rd.
Lake Oswego, OR, 97034

Anytime between 12 and 6 is good. I would love to get some more play against different people :D
My number is 503-953-4867 if you need directions. Sorry for posting this up at such short notice.. if anyone can come it would be awesome.

keeper

Smash Champion
Anyone up for smash at my house tomorrow?

2091 Countryclub Rd.
Lake Oswego, OR, 97034

Anytime between 12 and 6 is good. I would love to get some more play against different people :D
My number is 503-953-4867 if you need directions. Sorry for posting this up at such short notice.. if anyone can come it would be awesome.
Post with more notice next time and I probably can, unfortunately tomorrow I have homework and other crap to do. >_<

T0MMY

Smash Master
I updated info on the first page.
If you have a TIA account, you should see your name is a link to your profile on the front page. If you have a TIA account and your name isn't linked there, you should tell me and I'll link it.

T0MMY

Smash Master
It's not so much if someone qualifies, you've been to a tournament, just tell me name, location, and who you like to play as and I'll add you.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Um ... Does the last Brawl tournament count?

If so, please add me. Aevin--Ness, Lucas.

I plan to attend many more.

Top Bottom