• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

T0MMY

Smash Master
I said that telling lying to people that you main him does NOT make a character your main.
Yeah, that's why I don't do that.
You telling me I don't main him has far less credibility than me saying I main him.

Uh yeah I added the part about sticking with him because that would make him your MAIN. You brat.
So playing Pichu predominantly for 6 years would make him my main. Ok.

In your matches with Bart at the finger bang 2, you played Marth, and the world finally realized that you DON'T main Pichu and have "sold out," as they called it - to Marth in that instance.
I haven't played Marth in a singles tournament since... but I have played Pichu in plenty of matches since then. So.......... you just confused me.

Cool so you have no main.
Well, I was considering just saying I don't main anyone until you convinced me otherwise.

I kind of support t!mmy on his post.
Agreed.

I'm down if anyone from North Oregon would like to go. I'll chip in for gas and stuffs.
P.S. I support timmy's post as well.
I'd help chip in for travel expenses, but I'm really broke at the moment and don't know if I have enough money to cover other expenses.

hay guyz i got sick n didn't go 2 pound lolz ;[
That sucks. Did you get a refund on the entrance cost?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I don't get it. Falcon is is my favorite character and I enjoy playing him the most, I consider him to be my main. The only reason why I use other characters is because they are easier to win with. Does that nullify Falcon from being my main?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
If you rarely use him in tournament and you don't use him seriously to win then yeah that would nullify. I would consider you a Marth main Duke

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Woah, I just realized, that we have still never played. Or did we at Smash the State?

EDIT: I have actually used a different main for each tournament.

DoDu - Falcon
Finger Bang 1 - Sheik
SF:E Winter - A very good mix of Falcon, Sheik and Fox.
Finger Bang 2 - I played a ton of Fox, some Marth.
Smash the State - Marth

T0MMY

Smash Master
Your main is whichever character fits your description of what you believe a "main" to be.
Some beliefs of what a "main" is:
  1. Whichever character you put the most time into playing
  2. Whichever character you use most pertaining to tournament play
  3. Whichever you say it is
  4. Whichever Joshisrad says is your main

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's why I don't do that.
You telling me I don't main him has far less credibility than me saying I main him.
Yes, you do.
As a person, I am far more credible than you are.

So playing Pichu predominantly for 6 years would make him my main. Ok.
No, because you don't play him primarily NOW.

I haven't played Marth in a singles tournament since... but I have played Pichu in plenty of matches since then. So.......... you just confused me.
There's only been ONE singles tournament since, and at that tournament you played a variety of characters you're bad with, and in the majority of the matches you were not Pichu. There is no denying you "sold out" - and I only use quotations because it's a term I am quoting other people on - to try to beat Bart at the Finger Bang 2. People across the globe expected you to play Pichu for the win, and you didn't.

Well, I was considering just saying I don't main anyone until you convinced me otherwise.
I've picked up on the fact that you have a reading comprehension problem, but do me a favor and try harder in the future. You quoted me saying you have no main and I never said you had any other main.

Duke. Seems you are still playing with ideas on which is your best and which to pursue foremost. I thought you were a Marth main as of recent since I'd seen you play him most in tournaments, where before you said you were Falcon and I saw Falcon. In any case, you aren't at issue because you aren't lying about it.

Tommy, stop making bad posts.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I've picked up on the fact that you have a reading comprehension problem, but do me a favor and try harder in the future. You quoted me saying you have no main and I never said you had any other main.
I r teh rite bcuz I sez I r lolz winz
Yeah, I thought maybe I didn't have a main until you convinced me otherwise (that being Pichu).

Here's this for trying harder:

I spent 6 years playing Pichu, making two combo videos, writing a guide that got stickied about Pichu, I have Pichu as my avatar in everything related to Smash, have my names on various sites referring to Pichu (even non-smash sites), made a group for Pichu lovers on TIA, I am listed as a Pro Pichu player on Smash Wiki (not by me), and still play Pichu both in tournaments and non-tournament matches using him more than any other character in tournament going up against players who use top-tiers like Venus Gospel's Fox, Kefka's Marth, and recently went double Pichu in teams with Delphiki as the team name "Pichu Loses" as well as playing him in major tournaments like OC2, OC3, Super Champ Combo, the Play N' Trade tourney in SoCal, and Dan 2 in WA.

You say I played Marth once.

Yeah, you are a more credible source than I am. Just not to me.

Edit: Not a lot of people showing up on the new Eugene Weekly day (saturday, not sunday). I'd think more people would want to play Brawl... (shrug)

Balloon

Smash Lord
Yes, I got a refund for my entrance costs. I called and talked to the director of the tourney and explained to him my situation and he was understanding and cool with it.

On the topic of mains, though, t0mmy, the reason we get on your case about it is because it seems like you've only wanted to tell people you main Pichu to get them to think you're unique and actually good with an obviously bad character. You seem to trick people into thinking that you play Pichu exclusively in tournament, and so have a sort of following that really isn't a deserved one, not to say followings are all that matter. It's just annoying to me when I hear people say stuff about how good your Pichu is, because they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. The one video from 0c3 you had was against a terrible Marth player. Also, I remember t!mmy saying he's the one who put together your combo videos xD!

Holy **** I don't remember typing that much.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yes, I got a refund for my entrance costs. I called and talked to the director of the tourney and explained to him my situation and he was understanding and cool with it.

On the topic of mains, though, t0mmy, the reason we get on your case about it is because it seems like you've only wanted to tell people you main Pichu to get them to think you're unique and actually good with an obviously bad character. You seem to trick people into thinking that you play Pichu exclusively in tournament, and so have a sort of following that really isn't a deserved one, not to say followings are all that matter. It's just annoying to me when I hear people say stuff about how good your Pichu is, because they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. The one video from 0c3 you had was against a terrible Marth player. Also, I remember t!mmy saying he's the one who put together your combo videos xD!

Holy **** I don't remember typing that much.
"Seems" doesn't quite cut it.
The people who I hear tell me I have a good Pichu are the ones at a tournament watching me. That Marth player was the only video captured of my Pichu, it's not like all I did was roll around and spam F-Smash, I, as Ka-Master said, have great tech skill with the little rat. You weren't there when people cheered for me taking on Mew2king, but you were there at Dan 2, or did you just not pay attention? You're just saying it "seems" like I'm "tricking" people. There's plenty of overrated players, if I'm one of them, get over it and focus on getting better yourself.

And I made the first Chain Lightning, which many people said was their favorite combo video. I helped t1mmy with the second, he just put it on his account because I didn't have a Youtube account myself at the time. Nice try though, like it matters.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I didn't put together his combo videos. I edited and uploaded the second one.

Edit:
WTF, no one has a "pichu following". LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

joshisrad

Smash Lord
I spent 6 years playing Pichu,
And Falco, Marth, Sheik, G&W, and whoever else you **** around with. And now especially you don't use Pichu the most.

making two combo videos,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=woAl8-bHh9M

Shane doesn't main mario.

writing a guide that got stickied about Pichu,
which again, does not make him your main

I have Pichu as my avatar in everything related to Smash,
which does not make him your main

have my names on various sites referring to Pichu (even non-smash sites),

made a group for Pichu lovers on TIA,
which makes him your main
oops wait no

I am listed as a Pro Pichu player on Smash Wiki (not by me),

and still play Pichu both in tournaments and non-tournament matches using him more than any other character in tournament going up against players who use top-tiers like Venus Gospel's Fox, Kefka's Marth,
no you don't, and definitely not when you want to win against the best players

and recently went double Pichu in teams with Delphiki as the team name "Pichu Loses"
People play characters that aren't their main all the time in teams for strategic purpose, and especially since that is a themed team, it's the same as saying you main G&W just because you and a friend made a team called G&W Sucks.

as well as playing him in major tournaments like OC2, OC3, Super Champ Combo, the Play N' Trade tourney in SoCal, and Dan 2 in WA.
First, you don't play him and stick with him. For example, at a very recent tournament, StS or whatever it was, you played Pichu against Josh, got *****, and then switched. Tell me you played Pichu in all your matches at Play n Trade. Second, the majority of the tournaments you listed are olds news, and at DAN2, the recent one of the bunch, you didn't even enter singles. gg

He's not your main. If you want him to be that badly, then make it happen. Don't lie.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Tell me you played Pichu in all your matches at Play n Trade. Second, the majority of the tournaments you listed are olds news, and at DAN2, the recent one of the bunch, you didn't even enter singles. gg
Yeah, I did play Pichu in every tourney match at the Play n' Trade... >_>
Something tells me if I meet your requirements you still don't care.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Wow, I just checked out what that tournament is, it wasn't one of the big spectacular tournaments you listed it with. Not only that, but I'm not even convinced you did play Pichu in every tournament match there because you lie about maining him. And no, you don't meet the requirements, because currently you do not go all Pichu. I've said this many times.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Meh, I agree with timmy. let the kid pick his main, someone from another state wants to play his pichu, they can challenge him to a money match with that as the rule. Stop being such a bitch about something so ridiculously pointless Radster.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
What is truly pointless, Guy?

He can certainly pick his main, but it'd be nice if he actually got around to it.

add: I'm done going on about it. You know what, say you main Pichu one more time and you main him. I'm sick of arguing with you because it's like scolding a brick wall for being hard, and it puts me in a bad inner-game state for sarging.

T0MMY

Smash Master
So I play 2 rounds of Pichu and 1 round with everyone else. That's still maining Pichu. Big deal.
Sheesh, I say I'm not going to main Pichu anymore, a bunch of people told me not to quit playing him.
I say I'm going to main G&W, a lot of people told me to stay with Pichu.
I stay with Pichu.
OMG PICHU'S NOT UR MAIN!!!!

It's not that big of a deal @_@;
I think I'm going to let this drop now, as the only post that was entertaining was t1mmy's saying nobody could have a "Pichu following" X^)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Bart, call me or AIM me about the gas money. No sense spamming the PR thread with it. I hate going on AIM, but I will because I have explaining to do.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
To clarify. Tommy. In the matches in question, you played G&W against Josh the first round, Pichu second round, and then someone else the third round. Count.

T0MMY

Smash Master
It confuses me when Josh talks in 3rd person @_@
And Tudios, you don't main Pikachu. Lolz.

Binx

Smash Master
Wow guys, I remember when we used to say all kinds of funny things without the intension of hurting other peoples feelings.

And just because I feel like having my opinion on this matter heard, Timmy's main IS Pichu because thats who he has the most experience with and who he enjoys playing. as for comments about him not being your main because you also play other characters in tournament, that's ridiculous. We don't say M2K doesn't main Marth when he decides to go Fox against KDJ's Sheik, your main is who you are best with, sometimes you just aren't confident in that match up. Take me vs Minh I know my ICs cannot beat Minhs Marth and because of that I often pick other characters vs Marth even when it isn't Minh, that doesn't stop ICs from being my main.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Binx. You'd be right if he played Pichu the most in tournament. But he doesn't. And he can't use that "well this character counters my character so I'll use another one" excuse because every character counters his. Also, Timmy's main is not Pichu. Neither is Tommy's. Also, every instance of logical reasoning you attempted in your post is severely flawed.

When did I talk in third person?

Top Bottom