• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange And L.A. County Smashers

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Actually Bearboy might not go, so 50/50 there. Yep, I read em. :]

What do you need? We can bring a gamecube (+the stuff) and possibly a TV.

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
M/F, i MIGHT go, probably not but i would like too, i played Grinches Lui and G&W, and i hate his G&W, good thing this wasn't Low teir cuz he would prolly win, lol. But yea, ill see if i can go, and if i can i'll give Nick (forestsage) a ride

Elvis

Smash Journeyman
In your hot sisters room!! and in La Habra Califor
yeah his G&W is pretty good... Good games though ^^ hey if u ever wanna smash it up at my place your more than welcome... but i cant have alot of people over... maybe like 1 or 2 tops :urg: and hey jovan... try to get the people at UCR to host on a saturday... i could write up a fake permission slip and say its a field trip from my school >< and say im goin to that college to check it out :laugh:

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
yeah his G&W is pretty good... Good games though ^^ hey if u ever wanna smash it up at my place your more than welcome... but i cant have alot of people over... maybe like 1 or 2 tops :urg: and hey jovan... try to get the people at UCR to host on a saturday... i could write up a fake permission slip and say its a field trip from my school >< and say im goin to that college to check it out :laugh:
The UCR tourny is on the 23rd... otherwise, I doubt the weeklies will ever be on Sat

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
We could host it on Saturdays. Its just people liked coming on Thursday.

We can't do any on Saturday until next quarter though (in January).

EDIT- The tourney isnt at UCR, its like 5 miles away.

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman
Good Idea. But try to make that for a Thursday. Just say your going on a lat night field trip to UCR. The reason why it's so late is that most of the classes start during the late evening.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
We could host it on Saturdays. Its just people liked coming on Thursday.

We can't do any on Saturday until next quarter though (in January).

EDIT- The tourney isnt at UCR, its like 5 miles away.
I thought it was cuz Luigi leaves on Fri afternoon

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman
Good games today. It was a good turn out Luigi! You should go on saturday for sure, Jake the Boy is too good on Maple Story!!

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Hey M/FP, could you msg me the time, or post it? I gotta know so my mom can decide. And it also helps when determining a ride. And how long I get to play.
the time for ppl to come should be starting at 11:30pm. I hope you make it! It's been ages since we played!

Grinch, you better come too! I havent played you since last summer! If anyone needs to look at the rules again, I'll repost it. Oh yeah, there will be approximately 4 tvs here! Again, if you're coming and you are able to bring a tv, please bring it! oh yeah, can anyone bring some more cubes.

ForestSage

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys, but It looks like were not going to be able to go.. Things are just really hectic, and I don't think we have enough time to get done the things we need to do before M/F's tourney.. Hopefully next time.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Hey M/FP, could you msg me the time, or post it? I gotta know so my mom can decide. And it also helps when determining a ride. And how long I get to play.
the time for ppl to come should be starting at 11:30pm. I hope you make it! It's been ages since we played!

Grinch, you better come too! I havent played you since last summer! If anyone needs to look at the rules again, I'll repost it. Oh yeah, there will be approximately 4 tvs here! Again, if you're coming and you are able to bring a tv, please bring it! oh yeah, can anyone bring some more cubes.

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman
When planning stuff, you need to set 2 times... The usual time for everybody, and the Jovan Time, set it like 2 or 3 hours earlier, so Jovan will be on time with everybody else.
Thats too funny, but not entirely true....Weeeeell maybe sceduale one hour earlier.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
omg! everyone is bailing on me! I feel horrible now! this weekend is getting worse and worse! First Forest Bearboy and LT3 leave then Adam cant come and Richard and Null might not even come! I've been waiting for the perfect time and I guess it wasnt the right time...I may just cancel the whole thing...unless I get atleast 3 ppl to tell me they wanna smash and that they would definitely come. Right now, it seems like that wont happen.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
omg! everyone is bailing on me! I feel horrible now! this weekend is getting worse and worse! First Forest Bearboy and LT3 leave then Adam cant come and Richard and Null might not even come! I've been waiting for the perfect time and I guess it wasnt the right time...I may just cancel the whole thing...unless I get atleast 3 ppl to tell me they wanna smash and that they would definitely come. Right now, it seems like that wont happen.
You better not call it off---I lied to get out of work tomorrow for this!!!

Besides, my brother is coming so that's one more person you can count on.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
I officially declare that this tournament is cancelled! Seeing as how the numbers went from 10-12 all the way down to around 2 -5. I will no longer hold tournaments as of now. I will now rarely hold fests aswell. This low turnout has pissed me off because I was looking forward to smashing with my friends after a long week of school but everyone leaves at the last minute. Sorry Grinch, I didnt expect people to leave me, it wont likely happen again because Im not hosting anything much anymore.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
I officially declare that this tournament is cancelled! Seeing as how the numbers went from 10-12 all the way down to around 2 -5. I will no longer hold tournaments as of now. I will now rarely hold fests aswell. This low turnout has pissed me off because I was looking forward to smashing with my friends after a long week of school but everyone leaves at the last minute. Sorry Grinch, I didnt expect people to leave me, it wont likely happen again because Im not hosting anything much anymore.
No Johns

:laugh: :laugh:

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Don't pull a Mana on us... You're all mad for no reason. It's doubtful people left "at the last minute" on purpose.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Hold your tourney on a date when there aren't a billion other tournies floating around and you'll get better results. There's tourneys/smashfests going on every weekend this entire month. Just wait a bit, things will clear up and next month im sure the 10-12 people you were talking about will be able to come, maybe even a bit more if people want to smash that badly and there aren't any other events.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Don't pull a Mana on us... You're all mad for no reason. It's doubtful people left "at the last minute" on purpose.
Im not angry or anything, I had a crappy week so Im irritable. Plus, today, I feel that I was abandoned or left to be alone. Im not gonna whine to you guys so I'll just shorten this up. Im not gonna be all "Mana" but I'm just really irritated to say the least. I know ppl didnt leave on purpose but everything I had looked forward to and planned had turned out horrible in both smash and real life. eg. I was suppose to smash with soem school friends today: they ditch me because they dont like me :(. eg.2: I came home feeling disappointed to only become emo and unhappy because everyone I was hoping to come wasnt able to go and cancel the thing that I was looking forward to all week. Im sorry to be annoying or whiny in anyway. :(

Hold your tourney on a date when there aren't a billion other tournies floating around and you'll get better results. There's tourneys/smashfests going on every weekend this entire month. Just wait a bit, things will clear up and next month im sure the 10-12 people you were talking about will be able to come, maybe even a bit more if people want to smash that badly and there aren't any other events.
thats a good idea but I'm in no mood to hold another one. Im also kind of getting sick of the fact that Im the only one that holds anything big.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
M/F sorry for all your personal problems, but don't stop smashfests because of one crappy day. There are a lot of reasons why people can't come, and none of them have to do with them not wanting to go. You also have to do a better job of advertising. A lot of people get confused on which day it actually is being held, what the rules are, etc. Make a new thread if you must, but put down the date, rules, singles/doubles/low tier whatever, who is invited, tvs/cubes, entry fee, etc. You need to be more clear.

I know there are people that want to go to this, myself included, but we do have other obligations and this was brought up quite suddenly without notice on the same day as Nick's tournament which DSF and HugS are going to. NullVortex asked what the specifics of the tourney were and nothing was posted. I'm sure he wasn't the only one. You can get a decent turnout but not if you don't look at all these factors.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
M/F sorry for all your personal problems, but don't stop smashfests because of one crappy day. There are a lot of reasons why people can't come, and none of them have to do with them not wanting to go. You also have to do a better job of advertising. A lot of people get confused on which day it actually is being held, what the rules are, etc. Make a new thread if you must, but put down the date, rules, singles/doubles/low tier whatever, who is invited, tvs/cubes, entry fee, etc. You need to be more clear.

I know there are people that want to go to this, myself included, but we do have other obligations and this was brought up quite suddenly without notice on the same day as Nick's tournament which DSF and HugS are going to. NullVortex asked what the specifics of the tourney were and nothing was posted. I'm sure he wasn't the only one. You can get a decent turnout but not if you don't look at all these factors.
edited because this post was somehow implying that I was angry. Thanks for your support.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
I lied to get out of work for this :(

I don't see why you're canceling it. Why not just make it a smashfest instead of a tourny? Well if you change your mind then post up early morning or something.

Top Bottom