• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Opinions of the Tier List

PolishSmash

Smash Journeyman
Who would you choose as the top 10 characters if YOU had to make a tier list. Who's positions would you choose to change in the current tier list? Who would you bump up or down? I personally would say Fox, Sheik, Marth, Falco, Peach, Captain Falcon. (Jiggs...no comment)

crush

Smash Master
Roy, DK, Pichu, Chuck, E, Yoshi, The Knee, Doc, Salmus, etc >_> Also strong bad hasn't collected the east coast ...... -_- if there's a little seriouslies peepee

:phone:

Walt

Smash Ace
my opinion of the tier list is that it doesn't matter and people only whine about it to legitimize their short-comings of why they're losing.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
2011 in this thread in full force.

This is a silly topic, because our opinions don't matter at all, but I assume that you're curious as to what others think about characters, so I suppose I'll give you something to work with.

1) Falco
2) Fox
3) Sheik
4) Puff
5) Marth
6) Peach (maybe Falcon)
7) Falcon (maybe Peach)
8) ICs
9) Doc
10) Samus

Strife

Banned via Warnings
2011 in this thread in full force.

This is a silly topic, because our opinions don't matter at all, but I assume that you're curious as to what others think about characters, so I suppose I'll give you something to work with.

1) Falco
2) Fox
3) Sheik
4) Puff
5) Marth
6) Peach (maybe Falcon)
7) Falcon (maybe Peach)
8) ICs
9) Doc
10) Samus
This list is exactly what I would write, except Falcon and Peach definitely(not maybe) need to be switched lol.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
s: falco
fox
puff
a:sheik
b:Marth
peach
falcon
c:Icy's
hard to say between fox and falco though

kevlar

Smash Cadet
1) KDJ's Pichu Fox
2) Falco
3) Sheik
3) Peach
4) Marth
5) Puff
6) Falcon
7) Samus / Ice Climbers
9) Ganon
10) Doctor Mario

EDIT: Yes, Sheik is absolutely good enough to be in top tier twice. Fixed my list.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
1. Falco
2. Peach <---I'll explain my thoughts on this
3. Fox
4. Sheik
5. Marth
6. Puff
7. Ice Climbers (with Wobbling/Blizzobbling legal)
8. Captain Falcon
9. Dr. Mario
10. Samus

I feel that Peach is wayyyy too low on the tier list. With her ability to float, plus her ridiculously good float canceled aerials ->downsmash, I do not think she should be where she is on the current list. Also she has unbelievable recovery and edgeguarding skills. Ohhh what could i be forgetting...bomb-ombs and stitchfaces? So yeah apart from that, obviously Falco for #1 because of recent tournaments, Marth has pretty good range+tippers so that puts him above puff in my book.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
uhm... I don't see a problem with the current tier list until you get into the low tiers...

Pichu needs to be higher, just saying.

negligible:
-Ness
-Pichu
-Boozer
-Kirby ._.

at least put pichu over kirby.

also, G&W is mad underrated.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
1. Falco
3. Fox
4. Sheik
5. Marth
6. Puff
8. Captain Falcon
9. Dr. Mario
10. Samus

I feel that Peach is wayyyy too low on the tier list. With her ability to float, plus her ridiculously good float canceled aerials ->downsmash, I do not think she should be where she is on the current list. Also she has unbelievable recovery and edgeguarding skills. Ohhh what could i be forgetting...bomb-ombs and stitchfaces? So yeah apart from that, obviously Falco for #1 because of recent tournaments, Marth has pretty good range+tippers so that puts him above puff in my book.
Dude u r wrong and i say this as a peach main. peach nor any other character can/should ever be above the space animals again imo. they r simply to safe (which i believe to be the most important thing in the game atm). Also fc to d-smash when shielded can be punished by a good number of characters. but u r right to think her fc is a major part of what makes her good. but she is not fast enough to be number 2 on the tier list. honestly atm the most i could see her moving up is 1 spot above marth just b/c with her fc she does game some frame advantage. Anyway their r plenty of other reasons why peach is not number 2 but these r enough for now. here is one more for good measure, her MU's r not good enough to be number 2 on the tier list.

crush

Smash Master
1. Falco
3. Fox
4. Sheik
5. Marth
6. Puff
8. Captain Falcon
9. Dr. Mario
10. Samus

BOOM! RESTED

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
uhm... I don't see a problem with the current tier list until you get into the low tiers...

Pichu needs to be higher, just saying.

negligible:
-Ness
-Pichu
-Boozer
-Kirby ._.

at least put pichu over kirby.

also, G&W is mad underrated.
I agree, Pichu should definitely be over Bowser and Kirby, Ness is pretty underrated too, he should be above Yoshi at the very very least.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I agree that ness is underrated, that why I didn't put pichu above ness :p

I like ness, but I could never pick him up. Just too unnatural to meh xP
same for yoshi.

@Boomrested: Peach is pree gehy, but is not as good of a character as them space animals. I'd still put Sheik and maybe marth over peach.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Next swagg I need to use u to get into chuck e cheez. You look like a 10 year old right?

Ohhh yeah. I'm 15 years old, but I'm pretty much the size of a 12 year old. We'll be good.

and @aesirgod, I agree that she isn't as good as the spacies, I'd probably sheik over her. But I do feel she should be S tier

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Dude u r wrong and i say this as a peach main. peach nor any other character can/should ever be above the space animals again imo. they r simply to safe (which i believe to be the most important thing in the game atm). Also fc to d-smash when shielded can be punished by a good number of characters. but u r right to think her fc is a major part of what makes her good. but she is not fast enough to be number 2 on the tier list. honestly atm the most i could see her moving up is 1 spot above marth just b/c with her fc she does game some frame advantage. Anyway their r plenty of other reasons why peach is not number 2 but these r enough for now. here is one more for good measure, her MU's r not good enough to be number 2 on the tier list.
You're acting like the space animals are on a tier of their own and I definitely feel that that's not true. While I agree that they're one and two I don't think they're leaps and bounds above a character like Sheik, who gives them a pretty good run in my opinion.

boomrested

Smash Journeyman
Are u sure? Im a 12 year old the size of a 12 year old and they never let me in by myself. Apparently irish mafia gets in by himself all the time so I guess ill just use him.

When I walk into my high school classes on the first day of school, teachers ask me if I'm in the wrong school. True story.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
people who put falco as number 1 are dumb. obviously peach goes there, armada won genesis 2 you can't even dispute that.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Falco or Fox
Falco or Fox
Sheik
Puff or Marth
Puff or Marth
Peach
Falcon
Ice Climbers
Doc/Samus/Ganon in some order, I think Doc is the best of the 3 tho
Pikachu
DK
Luigi
Mario
Young Link
the rest

oliman

Smash Journeyman
seriously tho

falco
fox
sheik
marth
puff
peach
falcon
everyone else

basically same as above poster

PolishSmash

Smash Journeyman
Yea I don't think Peach should be above the space animals just because of one player (Armada). Maybe if more Peaches win some tourneys in the future but you can't put Peach higher than like Fox, Falco, and Sheik.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
1.Fox
2.Falco
3.Sheik
4.Marth
5.Peach
6.Puff
7.Falcon
8.ICs
9.Ganon
10.Doc
11.Samus

This and DK/Roy lower and Zelda/M2 higher. Too lazy/don't know enough to order the rest though.

1. Falco
2. Sheik
3. Jigglypuff
4. Fox
5. Marth
6. Peach
7. Captain Falcon

If humans could play human perfect (all the time), it would be
1. Fox
2. Sheik
3. Falco
4. Marth
5. Jigglypuff
6. Peach
7. Captain Falcon

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Yea I don't think Peach should be above the space animals just because of one player (Armada). Maybe if more Peaches win some tourneys in the future but you can't put Peach higher than like Fox, Falco, and Sheik.
he was just joking when he said that.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
You're acting like the space animals are on a tier of their own and I definitely feel that that's not true. While I agree that they're one and two I don't think they're leaps and bounds above a character like Sheik, who gives them a pretty good run in my opinion.
Well u read into what I said incorrectly. I never said or implied they should be in a tier all their own. All i said was that they r the two best in the game and the one reason i sited was b/c of their 1frame jump cancel-able shine. I mean their r move reasons like falco's laser or fox's speed and power. But no where did I say they r the best by leaps and bounds. (I understand why u thought this is what i meant but I ask u not to assume a deeper meaning without a more warranted reason ty) (also i dont want my first parentheses commit to make me sound like a douche which it might)

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Well u read into what I said incorrectly. I never said or implied they should be in a tier all their own. All i said was that they r the two best in the game and the one reason i sited was b/c of their 1frame jump cancel-able shine. I mean their r move reasons like falco's laser or fox's speed and power. But no where did I say they r the best by leaps and bounds. (I understand why u thought this is what i meant but I ask u not to assume a deeper meaning without a more warranted reason ty) (also i dont want my first parentheses commit to make me sound like a douche which it might)
I don't know how I came off but it seems like you felt like I was trying to attack you which I wasn't. I'm sorry if I was rude, I just thought from what I was getting from you was that you thought they had a considerable edge (leaps and bounds was a bad phrase for me to use) and I just wanted to express that I feel that's not the case. I was more trying to state my opinion and hopefully get your input back and I'm sorry if I offended you, especially since it seems as if we agree.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
So...this is just like the other tier list thread, except there's an even greater percentage of people who don't know what they're talking about?

Cool.

Top Bottom