• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Yoshi Ditto Tournament!!!

Bwett

Smash Ace
Who is the best of the best when it comes to Yoshi...dittos?!?! lol Well we will find out soon with the 1st ever Yoshi Ditto tournament.

Registration has officially ended!!

Tournament Starts: Saturday July 5, 2008
Tournament Ends: Saturday July 26, 2008

Instructions:
If you would like to be apart of this amazing tournament, then you only need to do one thing, PM me with your brawl code and your AIM name, along with your wifi name that appears on the friend list. The reason why I ask for an AIM name is so that you can communicate with your opponents easily. I would really like it if everyone got it, but it's not required. Only register if you know you want to play in the tournament. I really don't want to deal with no shows throughout and have to fix results because of it.

General Rules

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 3
* Time limit 7 minutes
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage (So if you run out of time, no sudden death unless percentages are equal as well). In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* For the sake of simple rules, we won't do any counterpicks. For each match, just go to random stage with the only random stages as those below. They are all neutral.

(If large amounts of people have a big problem with no counterpicks...which I don't see why since these are dittos lol, but in that case, then we can do counterpicks, but AIM would be required so counterpicks can be agreed upon...this would make things alittle more difficult)

Random Stage List
* Battlefield
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island
* Final Destination

Now onto the juicy details! The format is going to be Round Robin. Therefore, for those that don't know, I'm going to put the list of the names of all the players registered including their brawl codes and AIM names as well on the first page. You will then add all of these brawl codes, and AIM names if you decided to use AIM for communication. During the two weeks the tournament is going on, you are going to play each person on this list. Just so you know, the reason why it is over a span of 2 weeks is so that everyone has the chance to join in the fun. Write down each match outcome and keep track of them throughout the time. After you have played everyone, I want you to PM me the results of your games to me under this format (Please follow this format, it'll make it alot easier on me :) ) Btw, the order of the people you play doesn't matter and neither does the order of you putting it in results.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Yoshi Ditto Results

Name of 1st Person you played (# of games won - # of games lost)
Name of 2nd Person (# games won - # games lost)
etc.....
Name of nth Person (#gw - #gl)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Now bear in mind that since it is best of three, you could only played 2 games (Where you either win both or lose both). But please make sure you record how many games you won and lost, not just whether you won the set or not. In the end, those small details can affect results drastically. And no matter what, I WILL NOT TOLERATE LIARS!!!! lol This is supposed to be a fun friendly tournament to determine relative skill compared to other yoshis on smashboards, so don't cheat pweeze...;).

If it so happens that you are unable to play a few people by the end of the tournament, don't worry about it. Just turn in what results you have and I'll try my best to take care of it.

After results are gathered, the top 8 will go into a double elimination bracket to determine the best.

So...this is it...if I missed anything in directions or if you have any questions, just point it out and I'll do what I can :)

Participants (Name on wifi) - Brawl Code - AIM

bwett1 -- (1246-8372-1493) -- bwett1986
DarkLeviathon89 -- (3866-7676-0327) -- GigaLeviathan89
bigman40 (Scatz) -- (0216-0454-3584) -- Rbm1golf
!Boom! -- (3952-6813-2466) -- KJSchampion
auroreon -- (4897-7443-5419) -- No AIM
Depster (R/Dep) -- (3050-7249-4136) -- depster2011
Kiwikomix -- (3308-4235-2001) -- kwkmx867
Burntsocks -- (1805-1901-4468) -- burntsocksrus
Defender (WARO) -- (0602-6005-3792) -- No AIM
Jump Man -- (4511-0149-9278) -- No AIM
MetalLuigi1209 -- (0087-2024-0443) -- kidbar1209
KoopaKoopaParatroopa -- (1203-9366-7546) -- iplaytheFw00t
Wubblez ( :) or Wubz ) -- (2191-7748-8146) -- Alou9144
Meta Dude (Gonzo) -- (0001-3916-4495) -- milkbonecrusader
Tanea (smash face breaker) -- (3523-1771-1791) -- No AIM
Mr. Victory07 (Yatch) -- (3265-4766-3683) -- yatch2719
Onxy (TMNS) -- (2105-8900-9350) -- Squirtle d16dn2
KillerYoshi (Eric) -- (2535-3295-2933) -- TheKillerYoshi1
Bio -- (4854-6146-9237) -- Io931
Mmac -- (2964-8259-5647) -- No AIM
KiwiBear (Slepnir) -- (0087 3223 7591) -- VolcanicBoku
rel12 -- (2793-0255-7328) -- No AIM
Carouselambra (Dan) -- (2492-3831-4096) -- SoTotallyTired

D

Deleted member

And please dont start bragging if u win =P My FC is 1805-1901-4468 (i remembered that =) )

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh*
Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate in this one. I will be going on vacation starting the 1st, and will not be coming back until the 10th. SAD FACE!!! Oh wells, Have Fun Everyone!

Gindler

Smash Champion
Who is the best of the best when it comes to Yoshi.....dittos?!?!
There we go, fixed :chuckle:

But oh man, hopefully I can make it back to my college town (don't have a wii back at home) in time to register

Will there be any more yoshi tournaments? hopefully yes because I'll definetly make the other ones

Bwett

Smash Ace
*Sigh*
Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate in this one. I will be going on vacation starting the 1st, and will not be coming back until the 10th. SAD FACE!!! Oh wells, Have Fun Everyone!
Dude, tournament is going on until the 19th, you have plenty of time to play all of your opponents :)

I'm up for this ;D

FC: 1203-9366-7546
AIM: iplaytheFw00t
I'm in, FC: 0087-2024-0443, AIM: Kidbar1209
Please read the entire thread. PM me your fc and aim, makes it easier for me to transfer everything if its all in one place.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Alright, so I didn't really think of this, but there is a possibility that some of your smashboards names are not your wifi names...so, what I'll need is one of two things. Either in wifi, you change your name to your smashboards account name that way people can recognize you, or if you can't make it recognizable due to length or you'd rather keep your online name, then pm me the wifi name you will have. Just for clarity, I'm not talking about the 5 letter in-match name, but rather what you see when you check your friend list. :)

Edit: If you see anything wrong, feel free to point out my flaws lol

Sharky

Smash Master
sweet, I may actually have internet for this =D

We ended up getting a new router due to some bad internet issues with the old one. I'm working on setting up the wii with the new one now. Hope to have some awesome dittos soon =D

Bwett

Smash Ace
Bigman's wifi code is wrong so it doesn't work and try to fix that please.
Wifi code is fixed. Also, if yall want to go ahead and start your tournament matches and get them over with, that is perfectly fine. The only thing I stress is that both of you must agree that it is infact tournament. There is no going back lol. So please, if you both agree, no complaints or disputes as to whether it was tournament or not.

Thanks Yoshi King :p

bigman40

Smash Master
GAH! My code was wrong? T_T Well, please PM me so I know when I can get on (don't have full access to a TV during weekdays.). I can record any or all matches if you agree also.

Bwett

Smash Ace
GAH! My code was wrong? T_T Well, please PM me so I know when I can get on (don't have full access to a TV during weekdays.). I can record any or all matches if you agree also.
Don't worry dude, you just swapped two numbers but I have it taken care of. Also, when we play, I want the matches recorded if you could lol.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
I'm in. I'm new with Yoshi so I'm hoping for experience mostly! Can't wait to play with you guys.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Alright guys, you have 3 more days to get in whether you want to play in the tournament. I might be alittle lenient as to Saturday, but I don't want alot of adding because you are lazy :p. Hope you are excited!

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...how would you guys think about me tentatively joining? I could try one match, and if the lag is too bad, I post back here and my name is scratched from the list. I'd really like to expand my opponents...

Also, I'll need to set up AIM.

I can only play after 6 Central on weekdays because of work, though. Just so people know.

So yay or nay?

Bwett

Smash Ace
Hmm...how would you guys think about me tentatively joining? I could try one match, and if the lag is too bad, I post back here and my name is scratched from the list. I'd really like to expand my opponents...

Also, I'll need to set up AIM.

I can only play after 6 Central on weekdays because of work, though. Just so people know.

So yay or nay?
Why don't you play anyone online and see how it works? lol If you want, I'll be out of class at 8:30pm tonight so send me a pm with fc and what not, and we'll go from there lol.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Adding everyone on the list now, so if you wanna have friendlies before the tournament add me :D

Scala

Smash Ace
Hopefully, If anyone could record these videos with good quality, would could make a yoshi ditto combo video!!!
Unfortunately yoshi combos are really lame when they are taken from yoshi ditto matches. Yoshi is like the most ungimpable character ever (besides the floaties and rob), and nothing particularly cool happens in yoshi dittos.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately yoshi combos are really lame when they are taken from yoshi ditto matches. Yoshi is like the most ungimpable character ever (besides the floaties and rob), and nothing particularly cool happens in yoshi dittos.
Fortunately we are here to have fun and play with friends and other yoshi users.

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I can't even do this! I leave tomorrow for 2 weeks. Hopefully they will have Wifi

Sign me up though

rel12 (Yellow Yoshi FTW!)

FC-2793-0255-7328

No aim

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm in, and with no AIM, hopefully I will have WiFi before this starts.

Scala

Smash Ace
Fortunately we are here to have fun and play with friends and other yoshi users.
Oh, don't get me wrong, the only reason I posted that is because someone suggested making a combo video out of the matches, I'll edit my previous post to reflect that.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
As much as I would LOVE to compete for the crown in this tournament I just don't want to trust nintendo wifi with my reputation as a Yoshi user. I am very interested in seeing some of these matches online so make sure you all film and good luck to everyone!

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
So if I have too much lag in any of these matches I'll just pull myself out of the tourney, capisce?

Top Bottom