• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Brawl Community Doubles #7 - August 8th - Registration is day of event

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Teamspeak? Nice. I almost suggested that, but I didnt. Is it free? If not, I can hook you up with one of those.
Nah it came with my web hosting, so its free for two years which is nice. Its on a sweet box as well.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
well pardon me.
I forgot this existed this whole week.
I've been really busy with college apps, but those that aren't done will be done by the beginning of february.
which gives me plenty of time to play brawl and help the tourney setup. My bad if anyones been trying to contact me on the OBC site.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
You lost me, so I want to get this straight.

1. We post our FC and name then get put in a group. We fight the person while a 3rd party watches, then post the results on the site.
2. Elimination bracket comes around, we just pretty much do the same thing; fight, post results, sit back with a Coke and wait for the next match if we win?

Doesn't sound too hard. I've been in different game tournaments before, but they were smaller and all we had to do was request the attention of our opponent in a topic (different site), fight, and prepare for the next match.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
You lost me, so I want to get this straight.

1. We post our FC and name then get put in a group. We fight the person while a 3rd party watches, then post the results on the site.
2. Elimination bracket comes around, we just pretty much do the same thing; fight, post results, sit back with a Coke and wait for the next match if we win?

Doesn't sound too hard. I've been in different game tournaments before, but they were smaller and all we had to do was request the attention of our opponent in a topic (different site), fight, and prepare for the next match.
You're close...
1)register WHEN IT OPENS!
2)view your groups (a link will be provided at the top of the post)
3)enter the brawl codes of your other group members
4)play each opponent or as many as you can from your group by either creating or joining the matches... the group listing will tell you against which opponents you are supposed to create and which ones you need people to invite you to.
5)post your results on this thread in the proper format shown (it will be shown specifically again when you view your groups)
6)check the next day to see if you qualified
7)elimination matches will require you to most likely just enter tournament director friend codes... they will invite you to the matches with your proper opponents and make proper rules....

we still don't know what the actual match rules are going to be....

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Wait, so how many people do you think will be playing in this? Also, will registration start the day brawl comes out, because I might not get my copy until a week after the release, and I really want to participate in this.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Registration will be open when Brawl is released... and close either
A)the day prior to the tournament
B)when the "possible" cap is reached... we want to bring you the best tournament possible and therefore we may want to control the size of the first few so that are efforts don't get "sloppy".... as more people continue to offer to help out... we can increase the size of our following tournaments

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah it will be definitely interesting to see what pros come to the tournament series.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
yes... for the second time we will have to push this date to sometime out in March. We most likely will attempt to follow the same flow before... two weekends after the release. I ask that you try to look on the positive side (as far as this tournament goes), because we will have a little more time to plan and hopefully deliver a really good first tournament. Our goal is to have as little to improve as possible for the next Big Event.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
well, this should mean that we'll get another wi-fi update (hopefully).
I propose we hold the (new) tournament on March 21st or 22nd. The 23rd is a sunday, and it would seem like we'd want to use an entire weekend for this. Thats just my thought on that.

SSJBowser

Smash Rookie
hey

I'll definatly be in this little thing. I'll be going by the name LeoTMNT though as I usually do. It will be fun to play you all.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Groan. I'd like to join you, but my availability doesn't match the tourney time.
I'm only have Computer access Monday-Saturday from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Having my Wi-Fi active any other time would be a tricky manuver, but I MIGHT be able to play beyond those time frames if I get permission from the bill payer.
Anyway, I will be known as Foxhound17 (FH17) on Brawl Wi-Fi.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
I m intrested in this chance to test my skills and possibly meet someone finally who can keep up with me XD normaly my name should come up as CHAINDUDE or Digger

minu

Smash Rookie
I'd like to play different fighting styles from that of my "smashing" friends (pun intended :p)

I'll be in as Minu (btw, is 2MB connection good or bad?)

darkNES386

Smash Lord
minu, welcome to smashboards. I can not help you with your question^ perhaps someone else could.

TO EVERYONE: The registration process is going to be a little more of a procedure then what I originally stated. This is important because we want to hold people more accountable for their actions during a tournament. When Brawl is released... be sure to check the first post to see exactly what is expected of you if you wish to complete. I wish it could as simple as: I'm in! ... but we can't have that. Too many dishonest people out there if you follow me.

Kitehack

Smash Rookie
I'm in too, This is the chance I been waiting for a while....

Just send me the toughest person or at least someone Strong, I just love the rush of a heated competition!!

Brawl Name: CO-Alex

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
The new dates will work perfectly for me I hope, my spring break starts that weekend so hopefully I wont be leaving until after this is all said and done...if anything I'll only be able to make Friday which will be enough for me to get used to it and see how the competition stands :p My brawl name will be Levi7, Levi being a take on this name and 7 because its my favorite number :D

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Yeah we had to up the "security" if you will to up the honesty in the league.

Overall I feel it will be a good experience for those who want it to be.

Kitehack

Smash Rookie
You mean the MLG? Is the MLG looking to add Brawl on there list? If thats the cause I better start looking for a good team.

Legheliel

Smash Rookie
Hi, I am new to this forum but I mainly joined it because I'm going to start playing this game quite seriously online when it comes out, I have a few questions regarding this tournament.

1: May players from Europe (I'm located in Sweden) join this Tournament or is it strictly North American? I tried reading the original post, but I could not find such information in it.

2: Will you host an 2 vs 2 tournament as well?

Thanks in advance.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Currently this event is just open to North American residents. We will have more information once Japan gets Brawl about how solid the online play is. All we have to go off right now is the following:

"...your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart—like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America." -The Dojo

I wish we didn't do this, but we have to draw the line somewhere. We might already be trying to reach too far. Who knows though... only time will tell. Those of you with awesome internet connections might manage across seas games.

Top Bottom