• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Brawl Community Doubles #7 - August 8th - Registration is day of event

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Currently this event is just open to North American residents. We will have more information once Japan gets Brawl about how solid the online play is. All we have to go off right now is the following:

"...your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart—like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America." -The Dojo

I wish we didn't do this, but we have to draw the line somewhere. We might already be trying to reach too far. Who knows though... only time will tell. Those of you with awesome internet connections might manage across seas games.

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
Is it ok if 2 people play the tornament on the same wii?

I hope you guys entering the tornament are great cause i've never had real competition.

RevN

Smash Apprentice
Is it ok if 2 people play the tornament on the same wii?

I hope you guys entering the tornament are great cause i've never had real competition.
Yea cause what if there a DOUBLES ONLINE TOURNAMENT and your friend doesnt have a Wii?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
@kenhead and anyone else who has friends that do not own a wii:

We are trying really hard to come up with a reliable way to allow friends to use the same wii. Please take a few things into account:

1)This main event is designed where everyone plays at the same time... so how can both you and your friend use one wii to complete TWO sets of matches in the same time that everyone else has to complete a single set of matches.

--THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS SETUP IS TO HELP PREVENT DOUBLE REGISTRATION WHILE GIVING PLAYERS AS MANY MATCHES AS POSSIBLE--

2)If we blindly open this event to everyone... then we run the risk of people double registering:
sure you can't play all your matches... but maybe you try to register in one event... then if you lose one or two in a row... you quickly switch over to your other one and see if you win a couple and go on with whichever one works better.

3)We will have many other random events (not as big) where we won't be super strict about who is registering. This will be a chance for any friends OR SIBLINGS to play. We are doing our best to figure this out. Perhaps a single pool (of limited size) within the tournament where all FRIENDS/SIBLINGS can compete in their matches. Even that has its problems.

ALSO... FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN PLAYING... DO THIS AS SOON AS NOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE:

1)Turn on your wii
2)Go to your address book, choose register>>other
3)ADD THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: OBCconfirmation@gmail.com
4)Come back to it later this evening or tomorrow even... just be patient and understand that the name will be faded until we respond back.

*We are holding people accountable based off their WII CONSOLE NUMBER... this can not change. You can always change your brawl code/brawl name, but this is even more sturdy than a forum name.
*hopefully this will discourage people from being complete jerks and they'll think twice before trying anything serious.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Maybe that is because it's only a planning forum wgwolverine. You haven't added the email address yet. Everyone else... please check the main post for how to begin registration. Post here only with questions... you don't register by POSTING in this thread. We're changing the system. Realize that by adding OBCconfirmation@gmail.com TO YOUR WII CONSOLE ADDRESS BOOK... you are not necessarily guaranteeing a spot in the first event. Just add the address and you'll get a better idea of how this works.

Why register from now?
Well... it would be nice to see how many people are serious about this, so we know what we're working with.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
EVERYONE... understand that you're adding this email (OBCconfirmation@gmail.com) to your contact list ON YOUR WII DO NOT EMAIL US FROM A RANDOM EMAIL ACCOUNT. You need to simply add this email address to your address book on your wii and we will be notified. We will message you back... and give you further instructions.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
This is who has registered so far:

_Xanatos_
Arcticflare
bartman326
Dublio
El_Raspa
FusionZX
Impulse346
Jay Stalker
kinghippo99
MetalLuigi1209
Mr.Twintail
Naten2006
THEmSHAKE
Valaanw
worldjem7

These people have contacted us but failed to respond back to our message asking for identification:

F@G

Smash Rookie
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD I NEED BATTERIES!
sigh
I will definitely see you guys there. I wanna play some pros =]

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Maybe that is because it's only a planning forum wgwolverine. You haven't added the email address yet. Everyone else... please check the main post for how to begin registration. Post here only with questions... you don't register by POSTING in this thread. We're changing the system. Realize that by adding OBCconfirmation@gmail.com TO YOUR WII CONSOLE ADDRESS BOOK... you are not necessarily guaranteeing a spot in the first event. Just add the address and you'll get a better idea of how this works.

Why register from now?
Well... it would be nice to see how many people are serious about this, so we know what we're working with.
Sheesh lol no need for sass, when i said that there was a genuine problem with how the layout was being displayed. I signed up just now, ive been inactive because got grounded. Back now though.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Everyone, if you are interested MAKE SURE YOU PREORDER BRAWL. Its the same price, saves you the hassle, and it SHOULD guarantee a copy. To get a picture of how the japanese release is going, my contact ordered it in november, and his preorder is coming a week after release because of limits on deliveries. Cant say for sure if as many people preordered here, but i for one paid for the game in full in august and am first on my stores list besides employees. dont procrastinate and ensure yourself a copy.

iMichael

Smash Lord
That's the samething I did.....as soon as we were allowed to preorder...I went in and paid the full price so I should be first besides the employees.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Howd you do it then dyce? they started accepting them at my two local gamestops in august...unless you sent Sakurai 5 dollars way back then for preorder! lol

and im interviewing to work at gamestop tomorrow, im leaving a better paying job for one ill actually enjoy ^_^

RevN

Smash Apprentice
Howd you do it then dyce? they started accepting them at my two local gamestops in august...unless you sent Sakurai 5 dollars way back then for preorder! lol

and im interviewing to work at gamestop tomorrow, im leaving a better paying job for one ill actually enjoy ^_^
D@mn..Hope Brawl is Worth it.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Aight i added the gmail address to my wii. Now its time to sit back and twiddle my thumbs for a month while we wait for Brawl

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Bergen County. I'm in a small town next to Lodi. Where are you from Ocean County? I go to Seaside every summer.

Anyway, I'm not sure how we got away with reservations for Brawl in 2006. Lolz. To be honest, my friend actually reserved his game about a month BEFORE me. I think they started taking reserves when they found out it was releasing, but then stopped taking them for a while when they found out how long it would take to come out. But all's good, cuz my reserve's still active.

(I can't tell you how many calls I've gotten since October 2006 to early last month from Gamestop in regards to the store's Brawl shipment getting "pushed back from when originally expected".)

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
wow that video is sensational.
I'm pumped, this pretty much confirms our general process and makes our work a lot easier.
The fact that 1st player controls everything could make the whole "supervise" idea work if we find it necessary.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
yes we most certainly will make sure that when ELIMINATION matches are underway... the host will be a third party judge who creates the exact rules and then the match is underway... counter-pick ideas?... use message board (random/stage of choice)... it doesn't appear though that players can tell who is who until the match is underway... hmmm

Handorin

Smash Hero
These people have contacted us but failed to respond back to our message asking for identification:
One of those might be me, I sent an email a long time ago but never got a reply. Ive been gone since thursday so I will check back on my Wii.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
It's too late to sign up, if not please sign me up. EDIT: I just added the e-mail to my Wii, does that mean I'm registered?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
yes, what it means is in the future you will be able to complete the registration process. You are not promised a spot in anything until you are able to submit a brawl code. Furthermore, we are most likely putting a cap on the first few events. We want to bring you some of the best tournaments possible. This means that we don't want to let things get out of control until we know we can handle larger size events efficiently. I have not updated the list yet, but I can say that Aaryk, Dyce, and kackamee just recently registered. If you already added OBCconfirmation@gmail.com as a contact and don't know what to do next. Wait until you see that you can actually message that contact (the name goes from faded to solid and selectable on your wii) and send a message stating who you are. Otherwise, we don't know who to associate your wii contact information with. Thank you everyone. I never thought we would get this much suport this soon!

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
Well, i got the mail on my wii stating that i needed to send in my Name and where i found out the tourney from...I did that yesterday morning...did you guys not get it? I know this is a silly question, but I did apply before Dyce and kackamee if we're going by when people posted on the forums about applying lol Dont wanna sound like I'm imposing in any way...just wanna make sure I wasn't overlooked :laugh:

darkNES386

Smash Lord
You've registered Leviscus, it's just that there were a few others in front of you so I "overlooked" you from the most current of posters. I'm not going to update that list everyday but I will like once a week or something. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT... read this thread HERE because it has ALL THE INFORMATION we need to know about WITH ANYONE. It appears that items/stages are based on voting still for WITH FRIENDS, but don't worry; STOCK/TIME are decided by the room creator so that shouldn't be an issue. Basically, the cool thing (in my opinion) is that you're going to need to be an adaptable and flexible online smasher to deal with all sorts of competitors.

Also if any of you want to help support this tournament series please add the following code to your signature:
Code:
[noparse][url=http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120358]An Online Tournament series hosted through smashboards.[/url][COLOR="Lime"]<----CHECK IT OUT[/COLOR]
[img]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~neschwar/Brawl/sigs/posterMotion.gif[/img][/noparse]

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm getting a month of premium just for an aaryk is gay custom title. Young won the battle but I'll win the war XD

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Can't wait for this tourney, it seems like it's going to be really awesome:D! One question though, when we do get Brawl, do you want us to post our FC's here, or email on the wii?

Top Bottom