• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
It's not here this morning :(

I also think whitebeard is going to die. If the marines lost it would be the end of the marines and a new pirate age would start without them. That means no more bounties, no more strong marines and admirals and finally no one else, other then fellow pirates, to try and stop other pirates.

It just seems like it wouldn't work so instead it would be better if whitebeard just dies.
In the manga they said no matter the outcome a new pirate era would start. I can see the one where whitebeard wins but I'm not really sure what the "New Pirate Era" would be if whitebeard lost. Pirates would still be looking for one piece, the only difference would be that a huge bunch of the old pirates (and some new ones like ace) would be dead.

-:bowser:Bowser King
In other words, the end of the manga it self? I remember a while back that I read that the manga was going to end soon. I am not sure if this is the last arc and the likes. But yea, if the marine would lose, then there nothing else. However, who knows? The writer has imagination so he can just come up with another greater power? Oh, and let not forget about the building above Fishmen Island (I forgot). The war just started, let hope the pirates win. I just though that if the marine looses, then luffy has to go though to all the greater pirtates. Then again, you might be right too...if the marine did loose and a few die then there no point for...say zoro to go on if hawkeyes dies.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
In other words, the end of the manga it self? I remember a while back that I read that the manga was going to end soon. I am not sure if this is the last arc and the likes. But yea, if the marine would lose, then there nothing else. However, who knows? The writer has imagination so he can just come up with another greater power? Oh, and let not forget about the building above Fishmen Island (I forgot). The war just started, let hope the pirates win. I just though that if the marine looses, then luffy has to go though to all the greater pirtates. Then again, you might be right too...if the marine did loose and a few die then there no point for...say zoro to go on if hawkeyes dies.
I really doubt (and hope) it doesn't end here. What about fisherman island? What about the New World and all the pirates he will meet there (Dragon, Shanks, Coby) or the people he has yet to defeat (Smoker, Blackbeard).

Also, if it ended here, what would become of his crew? There all separated so would we just have to assume they got together again? What about all there dreams like all blue or meeting laboon that can't happen until they concur the whole grand line.

There would be to many cliff hangers to just end it here.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
IMO The manga is about halfway done. They are halfway across Grand Line, so it would only make sense. bowser king is right, there are too many loose ends for it to end now.

I don't know who will win the battle. However, my greatest concern is still what will happen to Luffy and Ace. Of course, the battle between the Whitebeard pirates and the world government is very interesting, and they ARE the powerhouses of the world, but just because they rule the world does not mean they dictate everything that happens in the world.

'Justice' and 'freedom' are big issues in One Piece. The current world government operates using 'absolute justice' meaning any pirate can be taken prisoner or executed at any time for whatever reason. We also know that Luffy's biggest driving motive for becoming Pirate King is not power, but freedom. Luffy knows that the Pirate King has the most freedom out of anyone in the world, and he wants to be that man. Whitebeard offers his 'sons' freedom. He tells his sons something like, "If you follow me, you can GO WILD any way you want!" Because he is a the strongest force to fight against the marines, joining his group would give you freedom over the government's absolute justice.

Whoever wins the battle will only determine how different the conflict would be when Luffy enters the new world. I know I might be focusing a little too much on the protagonists, but ultimately, everything that happens in One Piece is meant to shape Luffy's journey.

If the marines win, Pirates will have a harder and harder time finding one piece. It would be the end of Whitebeard's era, the same as it was before when they ended Gol D. Roger's era.

If Whitebeard wins, the pirates would once again have rule. The main conflicts would be between the ruling pirates in the new world. We would find out a lot more about the current loose ends... Doflamingo, Vegapunk, Dragon, the other two Yonkou. Would the government be out of the picture? Not likely. Luffy would be definitely overshadowed by prestige and reputation... but as we've seen before, he can definitely defy all odds with his personality and fighting skill.

Either way, the story would be interesting, so I prefer to sit back and enjoy the show. I still even have questions about this current arc, so I can't really even try to predict what would happen after. I wonder if Sengoku has any powers? Will Luffy make it? (What's Boa gonna do when she sees him? Haha.) Will Blackbeard appear? What will become of Whitebeard, the admirals, and the shichibukai? These questions all have yet to be answered. And...

Will Ace die?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
OK, I'm going to put it in spoilers because some of you guys are a little behind and it tempts you to read it more ;)

I think, that before the "Missing Hundred Years" there were no marines, just pirates. It was at that point that one pirate crew realized the best way to become larger and became the Marines. In this way not only did they have the "moral authority" to kill other pirates but could also recruit much better than any other crew. In terms of morals they didn't really change: they were killing pirates before and they're killing pirates now. The Tenyuuribo and the 5 Elder Stars are a part of this some how (maybe being the ancestors of the people that started it) and hence hold the high seats in the world.

Now, I also think that Garp was an Admiral in the past: he was a "hero" of the marines and was known for fighting some what equally with Gold Roger numerous times. I highly doubt he could have been a Vice Admiral during that and not been promoted.Two other things support this: Sengoku's treatment of Garp and Kuzan's favor to Garp. Even though Garp is currently a Vice Admiral he is granted a great amount of lee way by Sengoku and almost always given a great amount of respect. If he was a former admiral with or before Sengoku, this would make a great deal of sense when no other Vice Admiral is treated this way. Also, when Aokiji first met the Strawhats he told Luffy that he wouldn't kill them because he owed his grandfather. If Garp was an admiral and decided to step down for some reason, it very well could have been Aokiji who filled the spot. Hence him owing Garp for giving him the higher position.

Now, why would Garp step down? I think it has to do with the history of the missing Hundred Years. If, for some reason, Garp got a hold of this information while he was an admiral and realized what was going on, he very well may have backed away from leading what he now knows is a horribly founded institute. He could use the excuse of old age or something similar, but I think it was him being tentative about it (especially since most at the top firmly believe in absolute justice). Now there also might be a different reason: Dragon. Dragon is always referred to as the "revolutionary" or the "most wanted man in the world". He has never been referred to as a pirate. Why isn't he? Everyone else that hates the government is a pirate to some degree. I think that either through his connections or Garp's, he learned about the history of the missing history. Upset with the government of the world being a fraud, he vowed to overturn it and become a revolutionary instead of a mere pirate. Perhaps because of this Garp decided to step down and let Kuzan take his place.

Thoughts? I have several other theories :p

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It all makes sense. I also had a similar theory about the world government starting as pirates.

Also, I think Garp stepped down mainly due to Dragon but the "Missing 100 Years" could be another possible reason.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha no, well... eiichiro oda does take a lot of breaks i guess.

im sure virg won't disappoint :p he's very reliable with the tuesday spoilers

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Announcement: Just a reminder.. no WSJ this week. Naruto, Bleach, OP releases will be delayed until next week!

from *onemanga.com*

MOTHER ******

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

honestly **** it >.<;

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
****, that really sucks. I have to find something else to do in my spare time.... but what? Meh, I guess I'll just sleep on those days.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ It is sad that 4kids kind of killed One Piece for ever being popular in the US to last longer. I'm surprise Pokemon is still in the US, though it's no longer subbed by 4Kids since 2006, but I'll leave that to another thread. ♥

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, it really sucks. if people knew funimation one piece first... ahh it would be so much better

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Yea...but thank goodness 4kids introduce ONe Piece to me other wise i would just watched something else...
I lost interest in Pockemon years ago for some reason. Got into the pokemon games but that interested died cuz it keep coming and coming X3. I will probaly get back to it...one day.

but anyways

4kids also killed F-zero too :/.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
still, i was just speculating what it would be like if funimation decided to do one piece before 4kids did...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can someone explain to me the premise of the show because everytime I start and try to watch the show I kinda just "zone out" and change the channel because of its weirdness. Also the beginning in the theme song it talks about some treasure or some **** so yeah.... someone explain to me one peice I dont get the show

StinkomanFan

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2724-2849-3244
Can someone explain to me the premise of the show because everytime I start and try to watch the show I kinda just "zone out" and change the channel because of its weirdness. Also the beginning in the theme song it talks about some treasure or some **** so yeah.... someone explain to me one peice I dont get the show
A pirate with special powers he got from a fruit is trying to become the king of the pirates with his crew of freaks/weirdos/superhumans/chopper. In order to achieve that goal he needs to get a treasure that the former king left in the Grand Line in One Piece. Of course other pirates are trying to stop him. Also the Navy.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL in ur sig is that sfat? **** how did he know

one piece ***** man, ughhhh so hype for next chapter

Top Bottom