• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One Piece

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All right guys, theory time! Post what you think will happen.

-I think Ace may break Oda's rule of no deaths. He's stated that this is the turning point of the series and I don't think anything could be much bigger than Ace dying. I can just imagine the outfall from what happens after that.

-Whitebeard will fall soon. I'm thinking it's going to be directly or indirectly at the hands of Blackbeard. Blackbeard is arguably Luffy's mirror in climbing to the top. Blackie is amassing his crew (possibly the other famous Level 6 baddies). I have little doubt the final big fight will be Blackbeard Pirates v Straw Hat Pirates.

-At some point, the good marines will break away or not help the bad marines. Aoikiji, Smoker, Coby, Garp, etc. have all showed that they don't believe in "absolute justice" and I think it's only a matter of time before they disagree with what the government is doing to the extent that they rebel in some way. I have a feeling Aoikiji will fall and Smoker/Coby will eventually be admirals but that is way down the line.

-Dragon is going to do something ridiculous. I have no idea what, but it's going to happen. I bet he is either the brother of Gol D. Roger or closely related.

What else do you guys think?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I personally don't think Ace will die. People were talking about how Whitebeard might not even show up, but I think he will probably launch an attack on the marines. I don't think the marines have assembled the shichibukai and admirals in vain... Whitebeard will definitely try to save his nakama.

My prediction is that the Whitebeard pirates might even lose the battle... except at that crucial point where Ace's life is on the brink of fading, Luffy and friends will make it in time. That might seem a bit cheesy, but I think this arc will end in success, especially after the failure at Shabondy Archipelago and Bon Clay's sacrifice at Impel Down.

If you think about it, Luffy has 2 shichibukai and 1 former shichibukai on his side. That's quite a bit of power. Mihawk seems to fight just for fun or to challenge himself, and Kuma isn't really on the government's side either. One of the most intimidating shichibukai, though, is Doflamingo. I'm sure Virg would be happy to see this... I think we will FINALLY see him in action.

Croc, Buggy, and Blackbeard all want to be Pirate King, so they have common enemies in both the marines and Whitebeard. I believe Buggy will play a larger role than we'd expect from him, because the slew of prisoners under his control are all actually stronger than him. He may even put up a fight against Whitebeard like he says he will.

I honestly don't know who will win between Whitebeard and the marines, but I don't think it is completely relevant. Of course, this is a huge turning point for the governing systems of the world, but Luffy is really indifferent to those things and probably wouldn't side with either of them. I'd say the only reason Luffy would join Whitebeard's side is because he himself is a pirate, and wants to save Ace. I have a feeling Shanks will also be a part of the picture. I think what matters more than the battle is the fate of the pirates who are all shooting for the dream of Pirate King. How far will Luffy get? What will happen with Blackbeard? Buggy? Crocodile? Whitebeard?

I have a feeling Blackbeard will pop up somewhere after CRAZY unpredictable things happen, and start talking thematically about fate. I'd like to hear what he says.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
"-I think Ace may break Oda's rule of no deaths. He's stated that this is the turning point of the series and I don't think anything could be much bigger than Ace dying. I can just imagine the outfall from what happens after that.

-Whitebeard will fall soon. I'm thinking it's going to be directly or indirectly at the hands of Blackbeard. Blackbeard is arguably Luffy's mirror in climbing to the top. Blackie is amassing his crew (possibly the other famous Level 6 baddies). I have little doubt the final big fight will be Blackbeard Pirates v Straw Hat Pirates."

I would like to Believe the part about ace dieing it would just make the series alot better it would have a huge impact on Luffy espically if he dies in front of him imo. I got nothing on ace.

And I can see Whitebeard falling. and if this happens the one piece will probably stay at the no.1 spot on my list for ever

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Yeah, I do have doubts about Ace dying. I just think it would be better for the story and impact on Luffy if he did die at the hands of the government. There is undoubtedly going to be one hell of a fight (and I'm dying to see what Doflamingo can do :evil:) and some big names will definitely fall during it.

I think Buggy will always just fall into good positions. there is no way he could do anything against Whitebeard, but I imagine if something did happen during the execution of Roger's son and one of his former crew was around he'd get some of the credit. He's just not really a threat to Luffy at all any more: Blackbeard/Law/Kidd replaced him in that regard.

Basically, anything can happen...but we all knew this ;). There are bound to be at least a huuuuge twist or two before/during this battle.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hahah, I probably overestimate Buggy sometimes... I'm biased since he's one of my favorite villains (and of course... he's one of Oda's as well. :p) But you're probably right. In the story, he is mostly used as a humorous foil to the TRUE warriors in the series. Buggy's that guy who wants to be at the top, but isn't willing to risk his life to get there. A power-hungry coward... almost like Don Krieg but not as serious.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I'm wondering what will happen in terms of Luffy and Hancock's relationship. She'd want to be with him no matter what, but there si no way she could fit on the ship.

strawhats

Smash Master
This is why One Piece is my favorite anime/manga. So ****ing epic. Who would have thought that Ace had such legendary history

Grandeza

Smash Master
I watched one piece on 4kids up until mid Alabasta but I totally forgot evrything except minor details so I just started reading the manga. At least I'll always have more to read since I'm only on number 2 right now =D

Virgilijus

BRoomer
HOLY ****! New Spoilers Out!

Ace wanted to make Whitebeard the Pirate King....but really, Whitebeard wanted to make Ace the greatest Pirate. Whitebeard sotrms through the Gate of Justice and lets Luffy's crew through. The Shichibukai fight several other pirate ships that are allies with White Beard. White Beard gets off by himself and talks with Sengoku and tells Ace he just needs to hold out a little bit longer.

Mother****ing ****...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
:( I gotta wait a day...

I'm leaving for chicago tomorrow too.

IM REALLY TEMPTED TO LOOK AT THE SPOILERS RIGHT NOW

but that soils my experience :)

i can do this

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Virgilijus tends to make you read the spoiler, and it works on me all the time, lol.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I Can do it!! I WILL NOT READ THE SPOILERS I REFUSE TO AAAHHHHHHHHH
SSJ2

BUT seriously its a little harder not to read the spoiler this week. i think imma read spoilers this week

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

aaahhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHH!!!!

SSJ3

Sorry that took so long... I haven't had much time to practice this transformation.

I won't do it, Virg. I won't.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I read the spoilers when you first posted it.
I don't regret it. Then again... I do.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Yes, Like really? I though it was Thursday or Wednesday...or today...are we having a *Two* week thing because the manga is almost over? I think...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nice. The chapter (like mosts recent chapters) had a lot of dialogue, so it didn't feel short.
So almost everyone is finally there, things are going to be real interesting now.

I have a feeling some twist is going to happen...

Virgilijus

BRoomer
New Spoilers are out!

Whitebeard is a fruit user: gura gura no mi. Basically, he's an earthquake man and Sengoku claims he has the power to destroy the world itself. Whitebeard sends a title wave in that destroys half the marine fleet. Akainu and Aoikiji start to move...apparenlty Akainu's fruit power is ridiculous but we don't know what it is...

Having heard that, it puts Roger's power into ridiculous proportions. ****...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Correction on one of the spoilers:

Whitebeard
creates a tsunami that would have killed 50 000 marines, but Ao Kiji and Akainu block it o_o

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Correction on yours!:

Akainu is going to stop it, but we don't know how. if he doesn't 50,000 men will die.

:p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I just made it home from Chicago/Atlanta after 5 days, and I read last week's chapter. Very epic. And now there are already new spoilers for the next one?!?!

Top Bottom