• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One of the most unfortunate days ever... *long post*

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, I really hate Mondays, and after what happened today I hate them even more.

Here's what happened: Throughout the morning I was actually feeling quite well despite it being a Monday (I'm usually super cranky and don't want to be bothered). Everything was going fine until lunch time. My school was serving Chinese food today, and I decided to get some rice since I considered all of the other stuff they were serving to be inedible (I hate Chinese food <_<). The cafeteria lady gave me a fortune cookie, too.

So, I sat down and ate my rice. After that, I opened up the fortune cookie, and it read:

":) Do not be afraid of competition. :)"

I was surprised by its relevance, but I gave it no other thought. After I ate lunch, I headed to the school library to do some reading, and that was when the bad luck started.

Near the end of lunch, while I was comfortably sitting on my chair, I heard someone stumbling on the floor above me, and before I knew it, *KLONK* goes a plastic bowl full of salad on top of my head. Let me tell you, that REALLY hurt. I was surprised I was not knocked unconscious. Anyways, I was "lucky" that the whole thing didn't explode on me (it was sealed), but it almost did since it landing on my head produced a large crack and was leaking on the floor next to me. Apparently, a teacher accidentally fell over on the stairs and made all of her food drop from her tray, and I happened to be in the blast zone. :(

After brushing that off (and laughing a little on the inside as other teachers were trying to humor me with similar stories), I headed to my next class. Once again, everything was fine until the end of school. It was absolutely POURING when school let out, but I considered this to be fortunate because I had to stay two hours after school for a club meeting (we watched Grave of the Fireflies, sad movie, that :(), so the rain would undoubtedly dry up, right?

WRONG.

In fact, it was pouring even harder than when school went out. Now, I have an aversion to rain due to a childhood experience, so I wanted to avoid it as much as possible. Unfortunately, I lacked foresight when choosing my senior parking space in the parking lot and chose the furthest possible location from the campus grounds, so I had to cross the entire parking lot in the heavy rain. Not fun. :(

That isn't even the worst part of it, though. Oh no. While driving on my way back home, I almost got into a huge crash. Twice. Now, it's not because of my own fault as a driver (for once), but it was because my car decided to act on its own. For some reason, it decided to harshly swerve to the right twice on my way back home: once on a residential street and once on the highway.

The first instance happened when I was a few meters from a bridge. When I swerved to the right, I was this close to hitting the railing on the side of the bridge. I never experienced anything like that before, so I was extra cautious for the rest of the trip. However, the second instance still happened. I was about one mile from my exit when my car randomly swerved right again, and this time it stayed right for a good 5 seconds. Half of my car was on the emergency lane. To make matters worse, a huge truck was on the lane to the left of me, so if I turned my steering wheel too much to the left I would have certainly crashed. Thankfully, my car straightened out before any damage was done.

I just learned a few minutes ago that my front-right tire has smooth edges, so there was basically NO traction on that tire, and it was especially bad in the rain (DFEAR, that probably explains what happened when you were driving my car on Saturday).

Right now, I'm just glad to be back home safe and sound. My mom will be driving me to school until my tire is fixed.

I seriously think my fortune gave me bad luck. Everything was fine up until lunch period. Now, I'm too afraid to throw it out because I may get cursed or something. D:

tl;dr: Mondays suck, even if they initially don't.

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Stop that, guys. You're scaring me. D:

I wonder if the Lotto numbers are good, though...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
  • Someone dropped salad on you and you didnt die
  • You got to watch a cool movie and didnt die
  • You survived 2 potential fatal accidents and didnt die
  • You noticed a problem with your tires and didnt die
stop trolling masky

nevershootme

Smash Master
sounds like one huge FML day for you... seems you have forgotten to use your senses and reaction time well enough.

you shoulda checked the car regularly, especially when you drive fro SFL to CFL often and it does kick it to the curb... as for the school incidents, well those are random like tripping lol, you can't do much but raise your senses and react.

as far as Grave of the Fireflies, you are watching a messed up, yet well made animated film lol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I'm glad I got through the day, I just wish I could have done without all of this stuff.

I swear, Mondays have it in for me. =_=

EDIT: Eddie, the reason why I never checked the tires was because I just took my car in for service a few weeks ago. Those tires are supposed to be new.

EDIT2: Grave of the Fireflies was awesome, though. It really moved me, and I'm not much of an emotional guy.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Dude, TC, you're bad luck isn't really "bad luck" if you know what I mean. You should be thankful that you're alive instead of complaining. I understand you though, I agree it was a bad enough day. I have had days worse so i can connect with you on that. I'm just saying be a little more appreciative of life right now because you could have not been alive at this moment.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Bald tires are awesome. My back tires were bald for weeks, whenever it rained I fishtailed everywhere :)

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Mondays do suck.

Last Monday two men broke into my house in broad daylight using a brick from a planter in our front yard. They left out the front door when they were done. They stole everything remotely valuable, including a lot of jewelry my mother had had for up to 30 years. They took our flat screen TV, and all my game systems. They left our refrigerator open and everything inside spoiled. Worst of all, they took my mother's sense of security, and she hasn't been able to sleep for a week.

**** Mondays right?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I thought this was going to be a horrifying post about someone's truly terrible experience, and I had pulled my schadenfreude out and gotten it all dusted off for some late night enjoyment.

Then I read the post. I am disappoint.

DC

Smash Cadet
Wow I can't believe Poltergust is really gone...

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No one has had it worse than me.

I was enjoying an Ice cream cone today due to it being especially hot . . . And all of a sudden, the Ice Cream falls off the cone on to the floor.

I was devastated. BUT THAT'S NOT THE WORST OF IT! I went back to the truck and purchased another cone. Not but five minutes after, it happened again. AND ONLY FIVE FEET FROM THE LAST ONE!

I cried myself to sleep last night.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ZIO, shut the **** up you're not funny.
I'll be sure to put this in my 'How Not to Bother Smith-kun' catalog.

Dayum, though. I don't have one due to lack of interest or care.

Doesn't this site have an ignore function? Make use of it if so.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I called my mom on monday and asked what all the noise in the background was. She confessed she was in Vegas with my 2 brothers and didn't want to tell me because I was in school.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hmm youre one of those superstitious people who wouldn't say "screw god!" in a lightning storm arent you
I'm totally superstitious. Throwing salt over my shoulder if I spill it, avoiding walking under ladders, not stepping on cracks on the sidewalk (although that's more of my OCD side than superstitious :laugh:), etc. I especially dread Friday the 13th. =P

Top Bottom