• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One bear(Bair) of a move

Reaperman64

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if theres anything intersting you can do with bair.
since its discovery i have used it pretty much as my main ko move among other things

but the onlyparticularly interesting thing ive used it for is psych-to-spike

thoughts?

Oceans14

Smash Rookie
well you're probably already aware of this, but it's great for RARs, and yes it is a great KO move. I also use it in combo with a bthrow occasionally.

MikuMiku~

Smash Cadet
With a little prediction, you can always try a bair/side smash if your opponent has a low %. (:

Reaperman64

Smash Apprentice
everything i know is only what ive used so any advice is helpful just out of curiosity whats a RAR?

i like the drop>bair sounds sneaky:D

Kirk

Smash Champion
RAR = Reverse Aerial Rush.

1. Run.
2. Turn around mid-run.
3. Jump
4. ???
5. Profit.

After jumping, you will be facing the opposite direction you were running, but with the momentum in the direction you were running.

This basically gives you another way to approach when combined with Bair.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
OMG AWESOME!
Use bair to wreck someone for landing on a platform above you. sh bair ***** through like, BF platforms or lylat platforms.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Bair autocancels if you shorthop it and start it as you're rising. It's really useful.

Skas

Smash Rookie
Not only that, though bair has a small hit box infront of ike which is quite useful if the opponent is close enough, especially in ledge hopping. :)

Sito Sama

Smash Cadet
Okey I'm trying to autocancel bair but I'm still getting lag at the end of the move even when I short hop O.o

Mabye I'm doing it without noticing it but to make sure does anybody have a vid of it being done or can explain it abit more? I'd apreciate it ^^

Palpi

Smash Hero
You will notice you can instantly start another attack after you land. Try doing something like jumping or jabbing after each bair and compare the timing. It is very noticeable.

Sito Sama

Smash Cadet
LOLLLLL omg all this time I was thinking bair meant pressing B in the air oh wow never mind guys I already knew that xD

I feel so nub now =P

SCOTU

Smash Hero
nah, i play fox more than Ike, but Fox and Ike are my two favorite characters, even though i play MK the most.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I switch mains around a ton, and MK is the most recent (like, 3 weeks ago). Ankoku should have a few vids of my fox up there too.

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
Bair is nasty against tall characters , cause u can still hit them even half a sh distance from the ground . I might have also seen people using walk off bair and hitting a ledge camper , it is also a great combo with a off edge fair . Watch some pro vids you'll get the idea.

Top Bottom