• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OmniOstrich might start hosting tournaments (Near Raleigh, NC)

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
So as of right now there are no upcoming tournaments in Central NC until HERB so I'm thinking February 7th maybe I could host a tournament for everyone to play.

I've been thinking about it for a while but we just did a little house cleaning and so I have a 3rd story that has been finished off, its just one big room and a bathroom, and probably more square footage than anybody's apartments we've been playing in.

Anyways, the major problem would be I'd need setups AND TV's since we only have one, the others are too big to move there.

The other issue is my location, its not really all that close to anyone:

313 Holly Green Lane
Holly Springs, NC

Its about 35-45min outside of Ralleigh, 1hr 15min-30min from Greensboro, and about just as far to Southern Pines/Pinehurst. Rocky Mount is almost a 2hr drive

If there is enough interest I would do Melee and Brawl, starting Melee at around 1pm Brawl at around 4pm. I will run singles and doubles simultaneously, with a slightly staggered start.

I would also require some kind of door fee, or a large entry fee and a % of that going towards the venue.

So what do you guys think?

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
bueno pregunta Malk...

but anyways... I should host a tourney... but im pretty skeptical right now... i'll have 2 do it on a weekend that my family is gone out of town...and clean all this CRAP out of my house... lol... but whatever...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm all for it, Omni. NC always needs more tourneys. I bet PP's gonna be mad that it's far away again though lol.
Dang right I am.

F*ck you guys lol.

If this is in early February, I might be able to go, but probably not. The later in February you go, the better my chances are of going to this, I'd say.

I'm also trying to squeeze in a Gboro trip here, but if Gboro goes to Raleigh, then I guess everyone wins and I don't waste lots of gas. Yay.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Dang right I am.

F*ck you guys lol.

If this is in early February, I might be able to go, but probably not. The later in February you go, the better my chances are of going to this, I'd say.

I'm also trying to squeeze in a Gboro trip here, but if Gboro goes to Raleigh, then I guess everyone wins and I don't waste lots of gas. Yay.
I mean, you do live middle of nowhere.

I'd rather go for earlier in the month because thats where the lack of NC smash tournaments is, more than likely Karn/Bill will have another tourny in february for everyone to enjoy so id advise to watchout for that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I haven't talked to Karn in a long time, so I didn't know about that.

I might still be able to make this, but I won't be able to tell you for a while....oh and it'll have to be in February for me to go at all.

Lol I know I live in nowhere, the city of pleasant living....I guess it was named that because nothing ever happens there so it's peaceful.

Yeah yeah yeah, missed you too Lucas.

BEHR

Smash Hero
PP im down for whatever you want. :3

Road Trips with PP are fun.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol.

I was hoping Gboro could get its own transportation for the tourney, but I'd rather have some bros with me regardless.

Gboro is on my way to Omni's for the most part anyhow, so that won't be a problem if everything else works out.

Edit in response to Stingers: Lucas where you at? Didn't call that one for all of West NC lol.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Th transfer of power has changed.

Top NC Smash Cities.

1.Raleigh/Chapel Hill
2.Greensboro
3. Charlotte

Just my opinion Greensboro will most likely do more if we feel like it.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Someone should make a NC Smash Tier List and the population of Smashers in each city.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Skill wise:

West NC > East NC

Pop. wise:

East NC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> West NC

there ya go
Gah if we were close enough to each other we could be a legitimate crew and that claim would be so much more fun.

But um yeah, I'll agree with it.

Ali get on this thread.

BEHR

Smash Hero
City Crew Battles would be fun.

Greensboro
vs
Raleigh

Raleigh
vs
Rocky Mount

Charlotte
vs
Pines

Or like Coastal Battles
East NC vs West NC

Central NC?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
West NC has Ali and PP to **** in Melee (the game people care about) and PP and Ali to **** in Brawl (the game I and that Killer SOS guy care about)

and I'm p. good at both but meh

BEHR

Smash Hero
Greensboro has Malk so we automatically win and Money Mike

Top Bottom