• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omg Sheik

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
^^what does that even relate to?

people--sheiks needles are far better than pills. Pills can be dashed under (especially is you are all sh pill happy) jumped over, jabbed, tilted, etc. You have lag after, and they move predictably (just less so than a straight line) Needles are fast, can't really be dashed through, can't be stopped by an attack (if you have them charged some). You can cancel the lag.

No contest, let's just drop it...

Also, Kash never said clone--he said that all her moves are better than all of docs. Which is true, except for the grab in the doc-sheik matchup and the d-air

Pills can be dashed under yeah, but needles can also be jumped over easy peasy. If a Doc is smart enough with pills then they just beat the needles everytime.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
plus, pill-> grab is not easy if your opponent has any experience against doc. landing-canceled needles to grab work everytime the needles hit, and even if you shield they can grab you if they landed close enough.

I see no reason people are having this argument. The pill is an awesome projectile, but needles are broken.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
plus, pill-> grab is not easy if your opponent has any experience against doc. landing-canceled needles to grab work everytime the needles hit, and even if you shield they can grab you if they landed close enough.

I see no reason people are having this argument. The pill is an awesome projectile, but needles are broken.
LOL the needles really aren't broken. You people seem to overrate the needles a lot. They're a good projectile yeah, a very good projectile but they really aren't broken.

UNBlizzard

Smash Cadet
not really lol. its already commen knowledge sheiks needles are better than the doc's pills lol. and then the thread just totally changes topic like your post and the one im making now....sort of
lol

RobertSunx

Smash Rookie
Try maining a different character. Fox/Falco and Captain falcon are good alternatives to battle sheik.
Try some quick and simple combos, Im not a Dr. Mario expert so dont flame me =P
You could try Dashing-A and USmash then a couple of Uairs. Try expierementing in Training Mode, it can be very useful =)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
because we don't have a doc-thread fairy to do it, or even a mod that regularly checks this sub-forum...

If you care so much just PM a mod and ask, stop posting the request here...none of the people who regularly visit this are mods...

boss8

Smash Hero
shiek is basically a ganondorf easy to combo except she doesn't have the strength but she has the potiential to combo u to high percentages....be on your feet at all times.....try Uthrow....Dair...Uair .....grab......dthrow...uair uair uair fair...finish but watch the Di.....and stay away from platforms shieks love that...and Dsmsh alot....thanks

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'd say the key to this game is a solid ground game. Use jabs to interrupt attacks and tilts to space (plus, spaced f-tilts can't be CC-> d-smashed, I think. At least my brother can't, and CCCing is the one things he is best at.

Also, don't try to shieldgrab, her n-air, b-air outspace you if done properly, and if the sheik knows what to do they won't f/u/d-air your shield. Plus, I think that f-air may out-range if spaced.

But yeah, I find that jab->CG-> eventually b-throw, or d-throw to up-air works well.

If you get them off the edge, they should be dead unless they are ridiculously close, and then you can just see their pattern of not getting knocked out further and punish accordingly.

Other misc tips I can think of off the top of my head:

lightshield the d-smash, and I think you can JC grab them. If you full shield you get hit twice, and pushed just enough, with enough that they can not be grabbed. Or that I can't grab them...but I think I'm right here.

Of course, take everything I say with a grain of salt ;)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
my little tidbit of advice vs sheik.

1) If you get f.tilted; DI away, regardless or what percent you're at.

- You're gunna get f.aired, and by DIing INTO sheik, you only make it worse (by letting her continue you to f.tilt you)

2) if you get grabbed at any time that could lead to a f.air (90%+), DI behind her, regardless of where you are.

- A novice/mediocre sheik will b.air you; you might get lucky and get the sourspot and live. Hurray
- A decent sheik will try to u.air you; in which case you might die depending on the stage
- A raw sheik will just turn around and f.air you; but guess what? They had to work for it.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i like to chaingrab and if the shiek isn't too good with DI, you can add an utilt to the mix to rack up more dmg. hmmm

dair to uair has decent priority agaisnt shiek.
nair towards shiek landing behind her is a good idea, followed either a pivot grab/fsmash./ftilt
hmmmm....
uair shffl ofcourse, followed by fsmash/fair is great
use your tilts ppl, i showed dogy, docs tilts have awesome hitboxes and can be deadly when you mix em with your wave lands/ wave dash. (thx smac)
hmmm....mindgame the back air (do like 5 bairs in one jump lol.)
mind game shiek recovery, like jump off and then quickly get on the edge or wait for her to land on stage and fmash/or charged dsmash.... whatev.
i personally like the matchup... call me sick, but its kinda fun.

ps.
dogy... doc is like the most funnest character in the game... i dont care what you say lol
well falcon is just as fun...

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
If they're raw, rofl!

I don't know... I don't think you should ALWAYS DI behind a Sheik at higher percents. For example.

o
_O___________________

Alright, big O is Sheik being a *****, little o is lil Doc man, and the line is FD.

If you DI behind Sheik, as shown in the diagram, and get Baired or Faired, your chances of living have just been *****. Bair you might be able to recover from depending on percent and how hard it hit you, but it will be hard, and fair, lol, good luck. However, if you DI to the right of Sheik, or should I say right and down, you should be able to tech off the stage and live, just an extra 10% to your name is all.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
how about DI away (back), and then just rising d-air and hope? It works... sometimes[1]... XD. Especially against someones trying to b-air, turnaround f-air.

[1]if you are playing a sheik that will b-air you rather than turnaround f-air/u-air, I don't think they will have the reaction time to get the attack in before-hand.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
At high percents, i'd rather take the chance of getting b.air'd with a sweetspot, or making them work for the f.air, rather than giving them the f.air that WILL send you off the stage (on the other side), which sets up edgeguards.

Cause, unless you land on the ledge, a good sheik isnt letting you back, it's not that hard for them. >.>

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i like isai vs bob$ at nexus which was like the last tournament that isai tried in singles. i love his sheik! and it makes the match look broken in sheik's favor.

fortunately, there is no longer any sheik player who is that creative lol.

so the match is pretty fun, and doc can CG->death all day.

Top Bottom