• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
yea, next week we can hold it at my place on friday, although the only thing is that i only have 1 or 2 tv's 1 for sure though......but uhh, if anyone person or persons can spare a gc or along with a tv or 2 that'd be smeashtastik.

basically i have a pretty good sized room, but uhh, imma also going to try and convince my sister to go do something that night so i can have like 75% of the house :chuckle:

but yea, lemme get an idea of who's coming up and i can give you some.......arguably good instructions:laugh:
hmmm or at least try:p
my address though however is 1019 south 35th ave
lol parking sux kock here though:p

Echo

Smash Champion
Well, perhaps you could give instructions just from the FFC if you live a bit closer to it, because its one of the things I can actually find in Omaha, us smaller town folk seem to get lost a bit too easy :)

*EDIT* ya know what.... why not just go to mapquest, i mean, you DID give your address, so i'll just download/print that map so I can get straight there from my house lol

Tacoom

Smash Lord
ok good to hear from you 3. It is still at aarons but the address has changed.
it is now 5404 S95 ct apt 303, My # is 712 204 3842
Just down the street it use to be. Let me know if you have any proplems finding it

Dark_Emerald

Smash Rookie
k i havent read enything for a week i've been bed ridden can en e 1 give me the topics in a nutshell for me ? it would be a big favor i haven't read a book for 7 years and i dont wanna read. so i'll be there ummm....... sunday night?

Majik out.........(smeash riiiiiiiip-off)

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
hmmm

well we were kinda discussing the where abouts of the smashfest next friday before the tournament.

if you wanna know, its gonna be at my place...

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
:laugh:

im about to break a new personal record......almost 6 days with only 2 hours of sleep.....**** dont you just like college homework

especially if you dont do till the last second:dizzy:

well 4.0 gpa still satifies me well:chuckle:

Echo

Smash Champion
Wow... how the hell do you pull that off.... i get TOO much sleep and get like 2.5 gpa

you beastard >_>

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
I'd like the time myself. Things have been insane lately. We're selling the house and have to be out by next month. I might have a moving party since I'll be going to Council Bluffs. I've also been job hunting to no avail :p

MaJiK

Smash Ace
so ill be there tonight and at smeashes place friday i gotta hit the road so bye but im gonna be there even if i have to bargain with my mom to get there my bros arent comin though

Echo

Smash Champion
Man I think this MaJiK guy is like, runnin from me. Every time i'm there, he's not... and when i'm not there, he is... hmmmm

Anyway, I was just wondering what exactly we are going to do on Friday, a little bit of everything maybe? Reason I'm interested is because me and uriel have played alot of 1 on 1s on eachother, but not exactly too many team battles, so maybe we could practice our team game before the tourney. I guess if theres gonna be 3 setups or whatnot there could be alot of stuff goin on.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Couldnt make it today since my roomie wanted to be back in Lincoln by 6. Sucks.

Anyways whats the plan for Friday? Is it Smeash's place for sure? If so, whats the plan for setups? Who is all going? Is everyone still down for a couple 1 dollar entry tournaments?

So many questions....

MaJiK

Smash Ace
The_Echo said:
Man I think this MaJiK guy is like, runnin from me. Every time i'm there, he's not... and when i'm not there, he is... hmmmm

Anyway, I was just wondering what exactly we are going to do on Friday, a little bit of everything maybe? Reason I'm interested is because me and uriel have played alot of 1 on 1s on eachother, but not exactly too many team battles, so maybe we could practice our team game before the tourney. I guess if theres gonna be 3 setups or whatnot there could be alot of stuff goin on.
that makes me giggle a little.... sry man

ima comin solo today and i may leave early but im on my way now

OldSkoolAngel

Smash Cadet
Ugh... sorry I wasn't able to make it. Mom had more errands for me to do and we have to get this house ready. Not sure if I'll make it up there at all this month because of the nuttiness :p

I'll be back eventually!

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
o.....k.....

i need keep track of who is bring what set ups.
right now yosh can bring 3 cubes

thats kool, now we just need a few more t.v.s:laugh:

but uhh, im up for that lil $1 tourny mo, wouldnt be to bad to win a little extra cash for the tourny, means more guitar freaks for me :p

Echo

Smash Champion
ya know what guys, i kinda fear this tourney...

i mean, this is my first actual tourney, and I wanna do well at it, but i've been looking all over the entire site there, as well as others, and cant seem to find any Samus' winning tourneys. that is unless i missed something. nonetheless, it kinda makes me feel that theres not really a chance, i mean, theres players like Wes and HugS, that i think are just insane samus players, and they dont win those tourneys with her, while it seems like marths and c. falcons and such all seem to be at the top of most of them. I've been practicing my *** off, even got a couple new tricks up my sleeve, but i still dont think its going to be any help, so this kinda sucks.

Oh well, just thought i'd post since no one has done it for like 6 hours: and thats a long time! :lick:

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Yea, Yoshi doesnt claim many victorys either. If it helps, my frist tourney My record was 1 win, 2 losses out of 60+ people. It just matters about showing the smash sceene that your worth a ****. And to learn and have fun. ^^
The experiance is good for improving

The X

Smash Cadet
Yeah, tournaments are definitely a big experience boost. My first one was huge. After I played it, I was ripping everyone else at Fairbury apart. That tournament, however, I wasn't prepared for. I don't think I'm prepared for this one either.

If I get someone on my team for Doubles, that'd be awesome. A Pichu at the top of the leader board. That'd be frickin' priceless.

SamuraiSamus

Smash Rookie
ill be at Sm3sh's place after my bowling league. ill probably arrive around 10-10:30. see u then. by the way there is no reason to worry about the tourney. it is just a game after all. anyway see u later.

"Peace of mind is obtained when one seeks nothingness. That is the way of the samurai."

Echo

Smash Champion
Thats not what i meant, i mean, it is a game, and if i go to the tourney and lose the only 2 matches i get to play and thats it, its not like i'm going to go home and commit suicide or something lol...

my point was just that i'd really like to go to some bigger and better tourneys if by chance i do do well at this thing. eh, guess we'll just wait and see.

dmac

Smash Champion
its a game that we've devoted countless hours of practice to perfecting our skills. where it might be just a game to you, its an intrest for which i have worked my *** off to get where i am. from smash i've met hundreds of people from all over the country that i would have never met otherwise. its definitely the most time consuming and rewarding hobby i've ever taken a part in. even for a 'small' tourney like ffc(i expect around 40), i'm training to win it. saying something like 'its just a game' is a john at its finest. if im gonna try to get good at something im gonna try to become the best i can get. i still have a long ways to go before im satisfied with my personal ability. this might seem fanatical but i've been playin this game for 4 years and tournaments are what i look forward to the most. competitve play enriches the community and solidifies friendships and rivalries. tournaments own.

i kinda rambled... but yeah. dont ever just say "its just a game", not in here.

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Yeah tournaments are snurious....... And Dmac is right we have trained hard to get to where we are at right now...... even though it took many losses to get here!!!!!!

Tacoom

Smash Lord
The professonal smashers didnt like the idea of FFA tourney. So that wont be happening. Did mom or papa say you can come Dano?

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
Tacoom said:
Yea, Yoshi doesnt claim many victorys either. If it helps, my frist tourney My record was 1 win, 2 losses out of 60+ people. It just matters about showing the smash sceene that your worth a ****. And to learn and have fun. ^^
The experiance is good for improving
Me and Tacoom know the truth. Winning is teh suck! Low Tier samurai-like-honor forever!

LIL Tacoom

Smash Cadet
hey johnny mom said it was ok to go to the turney but they want to know if you're comin up for thanxgiving cause adam might be able to give u a ride here and back and i would just go with u back and when my takes aliyah and byrson back to linclon she will just pick me up

Echo

Smash Champion
sooooo.... uuhhhhh... whats the status on cubes/tv's? you want me to bring anything or are you good now

MaJiK

Smash Ace
SamuraiSamus said:
ill be at Sm3sh's place after my bowling league. ill probably arrive around 10-10:30. see u then. by the way there is no reason to worry about the tourney. it is just a game after all. anyway see u later.
did...did he just say its "only a game"!!!! wtf ......... n e ways i'll b there at friday at smeah's to practice for the tourney w/ u guys

by the way yosh.... i'll take on your gannon to redeem my honor ...(I let u win for drama)

im takin on any ganon challenges and mario and docs too in order to practice some possible ditto matches

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
so far i have 2 tv's yosh can i get 2 gc's from you and 1 form magic, then i need a possible donation of 1 or 2 tv's 1 if you want 3 cubes going 4 for 4 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom