• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

NOISE270

Smash Rookie
There's a guy trying to get rid of his Gamecube controllers, first party models. Didn't want to take the trade value at the store (we give jack for accessories without the console) so he was wondering if I'd post his info on here. his number is seven eight five - five five zero - four two six five and his name is Josiah.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If people want to do a Project M tournament on Saturday, people need to bring a set up for it. My wii doesn't play wii games as previously stated, I could have like 2 SD cards with it on it, but I just need set ups. Is there a snaploader so I don't have to hack peoples wiis?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how many of you bros can I expect for the lawrence tourney on june 29th?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
JBM and I gotta defend the gold and bronze medals so we'll be there.

Hopefully Devon/David/Tony/Tyser/others will come for melee.

But I thjink we are gonna end up with qutie a few people there for both events.

Also games at davids at 1030 tonight.

THuGz

Smash Lord
I see there's some good ol fashioned rage going on here, good to see.

So I talked to David (Future) when he came to MI and we talked about maybe having a big MWW get together/tourney this summer, would you guys be interested? We could try to get everyone from NE/IA/MO/KS to come. I know I could probably drive a few people if we wanted to, for cheap. I'll be back next Tuesday for 2 weeks and then probably in July or August, so we should see if we can't figure something out.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
That's supposed to be June 29th in KS for the circuit championship.

But yeah we should do another.

Should probably be in Nebraska.

ALso games at Davids at 7 tonight.

darf nate

Smash Cadet
If any of y'all pimps eva wanna play here up in lincoln i'm almost always down ta play. I git off work most minutes at 3pm n' i'm on summer break from college right now so none of dis ****. me n' mah buddies play probably once a week but they is startin ta be too wack ta keep up wit me up in melee so i need some freshly smoked up playas ta practice against. our crazy asses have brawl n' smash 64 if you pimps wanna play them.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
hey everybody. i'm hosting a Smash Melee Reunion Tournament / Big Burn CD Release party at my cabin on november 16th. peep the fb event for more info. add me on facebook if i don't have you on there already so i can invite u

zyure

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6735-1482
New to the website and hopefully be able to fight someone in the Papillion/la Vista area or somewhere around Omaha would be nice. Just looking for people to fight

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
There are some casual players that play at cardshops at random in the Papio/LaVista area, but I can't help you too much with that.

As far as Omaha, games are at Davids mostly, I host tournaments and occasional smashfests, depends on the day. We run off of facebook primarily right now, you'll notice I'm like the only active player in the area in terms of Smashboards.

If you're on facebook it's easier if you'd join our group so you can get invites from David. He lives off 51st and Leavenworth.

If you play 64, I'm sorry.
If you play Melee, you've hit the jackpot, we have like ~7 people for games on average (not including nights where it's just like me david and devin.)
If you play Brawl, you're my new best friend.

zyure

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6735-1482
Yeah i have notice youre are the only one really putting anything here.

Also i don't really play 64 honestly, never owned one. My friend has one so i played it a little.
I do enjoy melee but not so much as brawl because all you have to do is play fox really.
But i really enjoy brawl, I have been trying to find more people to fight because my friends are starting to hate against me for winning to much.
So i would love to be able to fight some new people if you wouldn't mind.

Also if you won't mind what is the facebook page called?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It's called Nebraska Smash Bros. Melee.

Really I'm the only person who plays brawl competitively in the state, there's a couple of people who play occasionally, and Ghoul who should play all the time because he's really good but idk how really. You should probably bring your friends with you if possible, it's a better way to build a scene.

zyure

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6735-1482
Alright i will defiantly look into it.
And just for the note me and my friends are nothing really competitive i would say.
Probably really amateurish compared to people you mostly play with.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Gotta start somewhere, I don't care if you guys are bad, all that matters is trying to get better.

Or if you can't commit to that, at least have fun. And get me better :p

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Alright i will defiantly look into it.
And just for the note me and my friends are nothing really competitive i would say.
Probably really amateurish compared to people you mostly play with.
Just let it rock sir we all start from somewhere and this is a good time to get serious for smash 4 and such. And the only time I'm passing through the Pappilion/La Vista area is to get to Bellevue for school sadly.

zyure

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6735-1482
Just let it rock sir we all start from somewhere and this is a good time to get serious for smash 4 and such. And the only time I'm passing through the Pappilion/La Vista area is to get to Bellevue for school sadly.
It is alright. Maybe we could fight online on brawl or something if you wouldn't mind playing that way.
And yes I am extremely excited for the new ssb4 but don't have a wii u but do have a 3ds.
And maybe when ever you and i would be free we can set up something. Not sure

zyure

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6735-1482
Gotta start somewhere, I don't care if you guys are bad, all that matters is trying to get better.

Or if you can't commit to that, at least have fun. And get me better :p
This is true. But sadly I am afraid i won't fit into the group you have already created with local smasher bro players. Feel out of place.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol how would you not fit in?

There's like...on a good day....4 people who play brawl in the state, we aren't picky.

So long as you don't steal, physically hurt people or something like that, we don't care. We have different types of individuals in the group, gay, asian, republican, people who are cats.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm gonna host games Tomorrow night, wedsnesday, at like 8.

Someone bring a wii that can play brawl if there's interest for that.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It is alright. Maybe we could fight online on brawl or something if you wouldn't mind playing that way.
And yes I am extremely excited for the new ssb4 but don't have a wii u but do have a 3ds.
And maybe when ever you and i would be free we can set up something. Not sure
If I feel like torturing myself on bad netcode on a good day then I be down but that wont be awhile cause I have to reconnect my router to my modem and I need my laptop with a fresh battery and need to get repaired or replaced.

lol how would you not fit in?

There's like...on a good day....4 people who play brawl in the state, we aren't picky.

So long as you don't steal, physically hurt people or something like that, we don't care. We have different types of individuals in the group, gay, asian, republican, people who are cats.
This is true also black people and skinny dudes.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Moved to nebraska a while back and i just found this thread

I want to join this

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well sadly we have no one on Norfork and everyone is in Omaha or Lincoln. I checked google maps and you have to drive an hour to a half to 2 to get to Omaha from Norfolk. You wanna talk to MegaRobMan for all of that meetup jazz.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hello, welcome to Nebraska. This will get all the new players familiarized with our state's activish smash scenes.

Melee PR
(though I'm not really the 2nd best, this is based on tournament mostly results, but skill is still involved.)

Brawl PR (which I need to update really badly, maybe I'll do that soon, I have the list finalized lol).

If we had a 64 PR, I don't know who would be on it.

If we had a Project M PR, and it was based on tournament results, I'd be #1 and Sm3esh would be #2, but that's only because I got 2nd in STL in a 16 man tournament, Sm3esh and David are better than me at it iirc, but we haven't played it in like ayear, except for that one time I played it in tournament in STL and got 2nd.

(we went to a new page, gonna make sure ya'll see it)

My address is 3304 Davenport.

Bring the Wii, cables to TV, power plug and brawl. That's all you need, I have a wiimote and classic controller.

My wii doesn't play wii games, but it plays melee so I will use that for that.

Top Bottom