• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
My address is 3304 Davenport.

Bring the Wii, cables to TV, power plug and brawl. That's all you need, I have a wiimote and classic controller.

My wii doesn't play wii games, but it plays melee so I will use that for that.

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
Not going to lie guys. I have been playing project m since march and i only have two other friends to play and they don't really care to play. Is there any chance i could join on the smashing?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
We don't really play project M round here, but ya. It's mostly melee, I play brawl. I don't really wanna play project M that much but I wouldn't mind playing it a bit.

Do you play melee or brawl or just PM?

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
I really do love playing project m, only cause i love the concept of it and the speed. but If you guys play more melee and brawl then i am all for playing them as well. just as long as i get to play people!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, I'll play it with ya, it's just we don't currently have much interest, maybe when the game is finished.

But we have like ~7 people for melee on games nights and ~3.5 for brawl.

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
I just started playing smash bros with project m. so thats all i really know. I kinda a do agree, project m keeps changing so you always have to change your play style cause something was changed. I would like to play melee and really work on all the crazy tricks and stuff that i feel very newbish when i can't do them. XD

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nebraska Tournament/smashfest stuff.

#1-I'm probably hosting games THIS Sunday at like 9:30 pm if David isn't. I work til then.

Thugz will be in attendance according to him.

#2-In state Tournament schedule that I know of

October 26th is Farmageddon. Melee singles only (maybe doubles), in Lincoln, NE
https://www.facebook.com/events/156528624547810/
and
http://smashboards.com/threads/farmageddon-october-26th-2013-lincoln-ne.341127/

November 2nd I think I might do a tournament then. Or I might do one the 30th. It will be Brawl/Melee Singles/Doubles and 64/PM/whatever if interest. If I don't do a tournament on the 2nd I might do games.

November 16th is the Big Burn CD release party, which is Melee Doubles/Singles/Crews.
https://www.facebook.com/events/471821789581979/
I haven't made a smashboards for it

#3-KS/IA/MO tournaments that I know of.

Just one in STL on the 9th of November.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Making it very hard for me I'm gonna be even more of a broke mofo in a couple of weeks and I got a SCV tourney with OOS coming this weekend :( .

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Confirmation for games tonight.

9:45.

JBM, Rocha, Sm3esh, Ghoul, Thugz, Dr. Sparkles and Yosh are scheduled to make appearances.

vidjogamer

Smash Master
Hey guys! I'm moving to the area and I am looking for good people to play with. I play melee and have especially been interested in PM lately.

Ill probably be arriving within the next 2 weeks. Hows the smash out here?

phantazm

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone I am glad I found this forum I am an avid smash fan. I play the n64 and melee. I am not very good cause I can never find people to play with in omaha. I'm more of a Halo player actually but I want to find more people to play smash with and Halo with. I did go to farmageddon and saw how many people showed for smash and I loved that. I want to hold regular smash tournaments and just competitive gaming tournaments in general. There is a new LAN center that opened up on 72 that I am helping run tournaments for. Could MegaRobMan or anyone who have people over message me on facebook, twitter or skype would really like some input and if you could help that would be great. Also follow the organization I work with on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAroundGamers

Again if you can help as much as possible it would be great wan to get the competitive community for every game out regularly. Please and thank you.

phantazm

Smash Rookie
Well I want to grow the competitive community in nebraska! I love smash I want to get back into I also want to hold more smash tournaments. What was at farmageddon was crazy but there wasn't much structure from what I saw. I want to run quality tournaments and with there being a lan center in omaha now this is possible. So I was wondering if you could message me and we can talk about what it would take to run a big quality tournament.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, if you want,

I'M HOSTING HALLOWEEN GAMES TONIGHT AT LIKE 1045 (you can thank JBM)

3304 Davenport

So you could come to that if you aren't doing anything else, which I mean it's Halloween, I was gonna go to bed because I haven't slept in like forever so :///////////////////

Sounds like JBM, Sm3sh, Yosh and maybe a few others.

Otherwise I'll message you later.

phantazm

Smash Rookie
Sorry I always forget to check this forum! yes I know I have been getting that a lot especially from the CoD community here! It would be a lot easier if I could get some help from the people who know what they are doing in their respective games. Coaches Place & my group All Around Gamers are trying to make each game have a season of sorts and the more help we get the more events we can do. Here is both of our facebook pages https://www.facebook.com/pages/Coaches-Place/400763403349651 https://www.facebook.com/AllAroundGamers

Please get in contact with me so we could sit down and talk and plan things out!

phantazm

Smash Rookie
Its on 72nd right next to Hookah 402! here is the address! 318 S 72nd St., Omaha, Nebraska 68114 All the All Around Gamers crew will be there tomorrow around 8 or so to chill and play some halo and get the settings perfect for the CoD ghost tournament we are holding.

Yea I would love to come out and since you guys do it in bellevue/omaha I live in papillion so its close. Yea I would love to get all kinds of input for it cause Coaches Place and AAG are here for the community so we will try to make it what the people want plus I want to get better at smash too lol

Jace08

Smash Lord
can't wait to see all of you saturday! I'm trainin up for our crew battle!

also vidjo please tell me that you'll be there

phantazm

Smash Rookie
Well it sucks I couldn't go to the get together today had to work but if you guys keep me posted on the upcoming ones or anytime you guys get together it would be cool like I said I would really like to hold a decent size smash tournament but since I'm not very knowledgeable in the competitive side or know many of the competitive people in omaha its hard to get it started. But if you any of you would like to come to our upcoming events for cod and halo 3 here are the event pages.

cod
https://www.facebook.com/events/555689707844030/?ref=5
halo
https://www.facebook.com/events/1433401190204636/?ref=5

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
games at my new place thursday at like 8 I guess, but most people won't be here til like 12.

post here or PM me for addy.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
And a rare appearance from your blackness truly. Also Project M Ganondorf is the scrub killer and SOOO GOOD and you guys cry about Falco too much. I swear everyone in our area dislikes him or utterly hates him expect for me. :(

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Falco is the ruination of melee. Why they would decide to make him "basically" the same as melee but cheaper is beyond me.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Also got done getting games with Yeerok and Urielhelix yesturday and man those was some good games and we live about 10 minutes away from each other. Yeerok has a better Roy than I do at the moment but it's weird cause we go kinda evenish with him in Roy dittos but he won most of them. His IVy bopped me so I have to start going Marth and Falco and Ganondorf cause he's easy mode and little thinking required with flame choke and B-reverseable Wizard Foot and DACUS. Urielhelix was the same way as well and went 50-50 ish.

Also Charizards NAIR IS STUPID AS HELL. All purpose move for gimping, killing and straight annoying most hated move right now.

Top Bottom