• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Freezeezy

Smash Rookie
I talked to Yosh about your weeklies at the Omaha tourney today, and I'd be up for some friendlies if you'd have me.

I know Noah wants to make it out too, so we'll probably be in touch.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So.... I found out today that i got orders to Japan guys. So... April 20th event is "take out a loan if need be" im coming, solo dolo if need be. Idk how many times more i can make it with Evo and going home since i'll be in Japan for 3-4 years

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Proposed 3-4 years. I have to serve two there to be eligible for another selection. I will have been at Ellsworth, SD for 3 years as of august, so trust me: 4 in Japan would be a godsend. I get to ditto Gucci, hahaha

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
There is probably gonna be an event March 16th. And by probabaly I mean lets do it.

I'll link it later.

But everyone needs to come to my 4:20 tournament to see Jman off, do you see how much he wants to see an awesome event here, that's commitment to take a freaking loan to get here :)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hey everyone I'm looking to get back into smash and I would love to have some people to play with in person to help buff out the rust.

I'm located at offutt afb but I have a car now so give me a call at 434-996-6781

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
We usually do games on tuesday nights, starting times vary between 8-10 p.m. and ending 3-9 a.m. Otherwise smashfests are held at random.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
We usually do games on tuesday nights, starting times vary between 8-10 p.m. and ending 3-9 a.m. Otherwise smashfests are held at random.
I'll keep that in mind, right now I'm working 3 pm to midnight on weekdays but in a few weeks I should be back to normal hours. I'll join you guys when I can. I would love to play some tonight or sun though...

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm looking forward to this week weekly smashfest, hopefully I'll be able to stay a bit longer then last time.

Edit: Neat, I figure out my striking range for going to future tournaments; unless I decide to take some days off then I can go anywhere I want.

NOISE270

Smash Rookie
So me and two other guys have moved up from KY and were very solid brawl players back home. We were wondering where to find these weeklies... We're kind of rusty but not horrible. Definitely want to find some local matches and level up our skills.

Also I work at both Game Centrals in Omaha, so I can help get some word out for whatever should it be needed.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Games tonight 10 p.m..

Also welcome, what are you guys doing here in NE? I've played vs some of the KY players, moreso the OH players, but I was at a Something2Do tournament in August or something.

NOISE270

Smash Rookie
Yeah we missed it, I didn't see the post til now but we all had work anyway. If we need to just plan for Tuesday brawl then we will.
We actually were never part of the tournament scene, as they were across the state. We had some tournaments locally, but one of us three always won out of between 15 and 20 players, even when somebody came in from out of town.

We came to NE to have jobs haha. The unemployment rate in KY is abysmal. We will be moving to Las Vegas in the near future, also. Til then, we figure brawl's brawl no matter where you play, but you learn different things in different scenes. Not to mention we're fiending for some good brawl with players other than ourselves.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
There's only one tournament planned locally currently, and it's a part of the KS/IA/MO/NE/CO Midwest Hype! Circuit for brawl, so players from those areas are going to be coming. We haven't normally had a big brawl scene, this is way more of a melee area, but lately people have been coming out of their basements and into the scene.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...h-wichita-ks-150-bonus-after-2-events.332584/ (circuit)

There is a tournament March 30th in Wichita, KS that is also a part of that.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mww-circuit-event-3-idspispopd-march-30th-2013-wichita-ks.334425 (KS tourney)

Tuesdays are usually when smash games happen but if you guys have a night that works for you to host I'd try and make it, but I work til like 930 some nights.

The local tournament is on April 20th, and you can vote for the 9th legal stage and the 7th legal stage for doubles

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwghc-4-20-brawl-bonus-stage-vote.334808/ (brawl)

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwghc-4-20-melee-doubles-bonus-stage-vote.334807/ (melee)

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwgh...t-2-april-20-april-20th-2013-omaha-ne.333458/ (tourney thread)

What character do you guys play?

NOISE270

Smash Rookie
We'll definitely plan on finding wherever the brawls are this Tuesday. As far as tournaments go we may hit the one here in April and see how that goes before travelling around.

Personally, I play Toon Link, Ness, Diddy, and Link pretty regularly. If I have a classic controller, Yoshi or Wario for funzies or Mario for srs bsns.
As far as my roommates go, Falk plays Lucas, Pika, Marth, Ike, Snake, and Sonic. Gordon plays C.Falcon, Falco, Sheik, 0-Samus.

We like to keep more than one up our sleeves for good counterpicks and to keep the game fresh.

And as far as stage selection goes, we might as well not since we all prefer Final D and Battlefield.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So smash tonight, where do we need to go and other info we might need?
I'm pretty sure MegaRobMan at work so I'll answer for him.

Tonight the smashfest is starting at 7pm text me at 434-996-6781 and I'll give you the address.

edit: MegaRobMan should be there sometime between 9-10ish

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Results from todays mega smash fest tournaments.

Rules-All legal stages on Random. In Game Tournament mode. B/O 1.

Melee 16 (3 CPU)

16-Fupa :fox:
16-Devi :marth:
16-Sm3esh :falcon:
16-CPU
16-CPU
16-CPU
16-MK Mike :falco:
16-Mushroomring :samus:
8-Beboop :sheikmelee:
8-JBM :marth:
8-Dekline :falco:
8-Yosh :yoshi:
4-T.W. :sheikmelee:
4-MRM :sheikmelee:
2-Majik :ganondorf:
1-Cue :falco:

Brawl 12

12-Fupa :metaknight:
12-Majik :rob:
12-Bebop :pit:
12-JBM :marth:
8-Sm3esh :peach:
8-MK Mike :samus:
8-T.W. :sheik:
8-Yosh :metaknight:
4-Mushroomring :sonic:
4-Devi :lucario:
2-Cue :snake:
1-MRM :ness:

Thanks to everyone for coming!!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Grrr, I'll get your Ness next time!

It was great playing so many different smasher, I especially like fighting Mike Samus.

Devi also surprise me with his positive attitude for getting better.

Oh and Sm3esh, I only played one set with you but my heart was beating so fast. Sheik vs Peach is a super fun match up, it's like a Cobra vs a Mongoose.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If you do that I'll have to level up and do the Martha. I think you'd win 65% vs my Luigi, though I 2-0'd you last time I got lucky.

Yeah I loved the fact that we had like 18 people there for smash over the entire night.

Devi likes to say things like that, he's been saying he wants to get into brawl for a while, maybe now he will. I think his problem is that, even though he has an excellent win during his only real tournament (Thugz, excellent for Local standards at least :p ), he really only plays me (or rarely David/Sm3esh/MK Mike), and since I can beat him with the entire cast, it gets frustrating. Now that there are more people to play that are closer to his skill, things should get better.

But tbh, it only really matters if people start traveling and/or coming to local tournaments.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If you do that I'll have to level up and do the Martha. I think you'd win 65% vs my Luigi, though I 2-0'd you last time I got lucky.

Yeah I loved the fact that we had like 18 people there for smash over the entire night.

Devi likes to say things like that, he's been saying he wants to get into brawl for a while, maybe now he will. I think his problem is that, even though he has an excellent win during his only real tournament (Thugz, excellent for Local standards at least :p ), he really only plays me (or rarely David/Sm3esh/MK Mike), and since I can beat him with the entire cast, it gets frustrating. Now that there are more people to play that are closer to his skill, things should get better.

But tbh, it only really matters if people start traveling and/or coming to local tournaments.
To be honest, I think I might do just as well if not better against your Marth because I have a better idea of what I'm doing in that match up. Right now I don't have a solution to Ness Fair and until I do Ness is going to be difficult for me. I accept this.

I hope so, I mean he isn't bad at all. It wouldn't surprise me after learning a bit more about his characters little tricks of the trade and becoming more polish with them in general he could become truly threatening. Right now though I'm thinking pretty highly of him, he express he wanted to get better and ask for help while demonstrating he doesn't suck. So I'm going to attempt to pick up a couple of thirds (Marth, Mario, and maybe G&W) and train them up a bit so he will have something to fight.

...Dats true, I'm still unsure about this Saturday by the way. =( There's some meeting happening Saturday morning ( first time I've ever seen this btw) which from the sounds of thing I 'might' have to attend. I say might because
1. It's on a Saturday, which is odd
2. It sounds like it's only going to last a hour so unless there a roll call I could miss it without getting in trouble.
3. We can wear civil clothing to it >.>'

What time do you guys plan to leave for the tournament anyways?

Edit: Yeah, its been confirmed I have to go.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Results from Thursdays Smashfest

Melee

12-Sm3esh :falcon:
12-Eddie :roymelee:
12-CPU
12-CPU
8-Eat :drmario:
8-MegaRobMan :sheikmelee:
8-Majik :fox:
8-TristianWin :sheikmelee: