• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I would still say it was 60-40 you, when it was dittodorf. but other then that you guys mopped me.
I guess man. Flame Choke into Wizard Foots are SOOOOO GOOOOD THOUGH and if they do a getup attack and you read it stomp on that ho. Also I'm not even at full power yet at the moment but full power Genie with Falco will come.

The project M era is about to start.

Apocalypse was a year late.
Project M is slowly taking over and becoming more of a main game Rob but It's not gonna replace Melee so I suggest you play Link in Project M and bop dudes or play another character and bop dudes and take these words to heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCje8D07VAc

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Confirmation on Smash for Thursday, January 2nd, 2014. Time TBA but probably like 7-9 p.m. starting to 2-5 a.m. ending.

Melee/PM/Brawl/Monster High Doll Dress Up/Copy/Cut/Lasagna

DJ Blu-Ray Ray

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJ_Blu-Ray_Ray
I'm new to smashboards and I probably won't be active for a little while longer, but is there anyway I can keep up with info on when you do stuff. I'm looking to play Smash Bros a little more competitively and there aren't many people in Omaha to.
Thank You.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm new to smashboards and I probably won't be active for a little while longer, but is there anyway I can keep up with info on when you do stuff. I'm looking to play Smash Bros a little more competitively and there aren't many people in Omaha to.
Thank You.
You wanna talk to @ MegaRobMan MegaRobMan about that cause he has the hookups and such that you are looking for. If he doesn't respond in the next few hours, I'll tell him. Also we have a couple of people who plays smash but we dont use smashboards much as all except for me and Rob.

Also why do you say that you wont be active a little while longer? If it's family related then you don't have to explain.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thank You.
Yes. You can be informed. There's games tonight.

I usually try and post here if I know about games, if I host I know a few days ahead, but if it's at davids then there is usually little notice.

Giving me your phone # would be a good idea too.

Joining the facebook group also.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/199063406858260/

DJ Blu-Ray Ray

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJ_Blu-Ray_Ray
Thank you, I'll join the facebook group, however I don't ever check my phone so that won't help.

As I stated before, I probably won't be able to actively participate for some time because I need to finish up college stuff and get my eagle scout ect ect... So I apologize in advanced for just lurking at first.

Thanks again

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
No you good sir thats completely understandable as everyone have their life stuff to deal with. Hope I get to see you in the near future before you take your hiatus.

qazzy

Smash Rookie
I saw the tournament for jan 30 and was ndering since I am only 13 would it be reasonable for me or would it just be awkward? Cause I might as well get into the tournament scene as young as possible to build up experience. I know I would lose pretty fast but would it be awkward for me at the tournament?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, like I said earlier today, just keep checking the boeards, I will post if I am hosting a few days before hand, and I try and post when Dave is hosting but it is without much warning.

I've been the Tournament operator for the last like 4 years or something stupid like that, so I plan on doing something, sometime uin terms of a tournament.

Most of us in Nebraska (Omaha at least) are like 24 on average, but Aura came around when he was 14 iirc, so it isn't entirely unheard of for that young of players to come to games.

It's just hard to get places, unless you own the bus route or your parents/siblings are cool.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I was 16-17 when I came in Rob so I 21 now about to be 22 in a month but young kids in smash arnt common actually though it's usually the 13-15 range.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Sounds like you need to just quit sucking and beat them with Falco.

Not like they have an infiinte or 40% CG that isn't % based.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LOL naa it's just a weird MU to tackle cause you can't got ham all the time, you have to play patience and such also Charizard Nair is the move of the gods against Falco I cry every time I get hit by that move.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Camp more.

EDIT: LMAO that move is really good, like MK's nair but with range.

Camp more. Isn't falco's Dair broken still?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dair is still cheap and camping is still good but nerfed for spacies at longer ranges in terms of damage.

Charizard has alot of big lingering hitboxes as well as a hella good grab range with Down Throw being a hella good tech chase starter and good dashdance. Zard is pretty much a character who will hunt you down vertically with his fly Down-B command and juggle you till the ends of the earth. I'm gonna grind the MU a little bit before I play against Charizard again hopefully this weekend just have to approach it differently.

Seriously though Rob you should pick up Charizard for Project M lol.

Last edited:

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
His biggest problems are laggy moves and dealing with pressure. But he's super fast on the ground and has big hitboxes. I doubt he has as big of an impact on the national scene, but he's excellent for my level of play lol.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
OK GG @ Urielhelix Urielhelix and @ Yeerk Yeerk serious matches and janky ass matches were held today. What did we learn about certain stages today specifically Frigate Orpheon and Rainbow Cruise? Also Charizard got bopped that is all.

Also this is what I was talking about earlier today.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well I guess we will have to keep on messing with other characters and see then. Seems like all the tether dependent characters get rocked on frigate then on the right side.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Confirmation on Games This Thursday. Whatever smash you want, but someone bring PM if possible.

January 16th, 2014, show up as early as 7 but I probably won't wanna play til like 8.

Tentative Schedule for Games for the next month at my place

Thursday Jan 16th
Saturday January 25th (might do cheap RR tourney)
Games the week of the 30th date TBA, but the 30th is the waiting rooms melee tournament
Thursday Feb 13th
Saturday Feb 22nd (might do tourney)
Thursday Feb 27th

Saturdays will start way earlier, mostly dependent on if there is OOS coming or not for if it will be prior to 1 pm.

Last edited:

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Also Charizard got bopped that is all.
Ah, I see that you snuck this in here. Charizard got beaten ONCE, and it was the first time I used him on Sunday. Just making sure you don't misrepresent anything.

And as long as we're talking friendlies, I 2-stocked you in our first Falco ditto ever last week, shortly after you said "You're about to get bopped, boy." I also hardly ever use Falco, let alone I haven't practiced Charizard since 2.6.

There. Shots essentially fired.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Alright fair enough. We need to get that Falco vs Charizard runback then but not when my hands are fresh. A raw bird is a bad bird to dine on, but a oven-roasted bird is a good bird.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I mean, if ya'll really wanted to get better.............................come to games vs the TOP of your state.

^^^

Might not even be a discussion about who bopped who and how bopped they got and how many times they bopped the bop.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to come, I just don't have a means. Maybe I can set it up with @ Urielhelix Urielhelix next time you host games, which would be....when? Thursday nights usually?

edit: see your post. will try to make it. if you still have my number, text me whichever address the games will be at

Also, I'm not usually one to talk ****, but if shots are fired in my direction, I'm not against returning the favor! ;)

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah, every other thursday or so and one saturday a month.

I mean the more the merrier so long as I know aprox who is coming.

Also I don't have your # anymore or a lot of people, phone broke and lost all contacts :/ so text me yours. 402-305-5522
That goes for anyone who appllies.

Top Bottom