• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Tyser

Smash Champion
I dont think the fact that NE/IA got ***** means much. That is how things will forever be. We wont get any better as far as I can see because of our lack of playing. The only person who nerds Melee anymore is JBM, all of us only play the game once a week which isnt enough in my opinion.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Well the only place in the Midwest probably that hold Melee players we could practice with that skill is KC and maybe MN.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
this is untrue.

the only reason why i didn't place well at this tourney was lack of experience against certain chars(like ganon pika, falco and fox) and getting out played by a jiggs player on my cp because i just played bad(poor technical control) and getting impatient with a cc marth player who i decided to go for the gay kill on the edge whereas i should have simply stayed on stage or ledge.

if people just practice tech skill and want to get better at the game they will. clove doesn't really seem to like brawl much nor does kudo and after this tourney i see alot of motivation from uli and those two to become better players. sure we have mike mo devon and murn who are great players who we play often. secks played well at this tourney and was boasted by several players but come on secks, you just suck against marth players lol.

look, i just want to get better because i' know i'm good at this game, but i just lacked the practice or experience against those chars. So depending on how well everyone gets idk if i will main marth unless people who are saying they will main space animals show promise. because if they don't i will just be a Bitcrh and main fox lol. cuz thats my only choice cuz you can just play him and be good at this game.

so please, if you want to get good i will try my hardest as well as everyone else i'm sure, but i need your help as well to show promise and get good with the chars everyone says they are going to play.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
this is untrue.

the only reason why i didn't place well at this tourney was lack of experience against certain chars(like ganon pika, falco and fox) and getting out played by a jiggs player on my cp because i just played bad(poor technical control) and getting impatient with a cc marth player who i decided to go for the gay kill on the edge whereas i should have simply stayed on stage or ledge.

if people just practice tech skill and want to get better at the game they will. clove doesn't really seem to like brawl much nor does kudo and after this tourney i see alot of motivation from uli and those two to become better players. sure we have mike mo devon and murn who are great players who we play often. secks played well at this tourney and was boasted by several players but come on secks, you just suck against marth players lol.

look, i just want to get better because i' know i'm good at this game, but i just lacked the practice or experience against those chars. So depending on how well everyone gets idk if i will main marth unless people who are saying they will main space animals show promise. because if they don't i will just be a Bitcrh and main fox lol. cuz thats my only choice cuz you can just play him and be good at this game.

so please, if you want to get good i will try my hardest as well as everyone else i'm sure, but i need your help as well to show promise and get good with the chars everyone says they are going to play.
Well said JBM. I really want to get good. I just wish I caught on to the competitive side of Smash earlier.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Us getting ***** didnt mean much though lol. Like you said, we have low experience so getting dominated shouldnt effect anyone too badly. But I guess we all can try to get better despite. Im still maining Samus so youre gonna have to fire up the Fox main position JBM.

Secks.

Smash Ace
sup Nebraska.

Secks, good set in pools. Shine usmash Canada combo. :)

Aarosmash is too good. Chexr should've come to event 52. I saw that **** vs. DJ combo.
Yeah dude we had some intense pool matches up until the Canada combo... that kind of broke all momentum from me the rest of our matches hah.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i'll do my best to have a more better falco and fox for u jbm, i have to do what raynex does and make my space animal more creative, and creative as possible. playing againest a hight tech lvl space animal would be better then playing against a poor one, so i'll do my best with space animals

§chizm

Smash Lord
Hey man I've been trying to get better at melee :ohwell:. I've been nerding Fox a bit but I'm pretty poopy with him so Peach will still always be my main. I guess I've been playing Samus a lot lately though too. :bee:

Echo

Smash Champion
wow i'm actually insulted by the talk thats going on in this thread.

we're good. i know i'm good, i know mo's good, i know devons good, i even know how good nims is. we just havent played enough, and thats the bottom line. if we got together and played again, we would be good. hell even look at murn that dude was playing so good at the tournament but he got the death pool there was no way for him to get out lol

any poor results at this tournament was either from people not playing the game either often or at all, or because they have been experimenting with brawl.

Tyser

Smash Champion
^ Exactly what I said except not.

Tyser said:
We wont get any better as far as I can see because of our lack of playing.
I know everyone is good and all but apparently not good enough. As for me Im switching back to Melee for a little bit.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Like Mike said there are some talented players from this area who have the ability to be pretty **** good. But it's really hard for people to put in the type of hours necessary to get to a high level when people have school, work, other interests, and are fairly far away from other players.

JBM I definitely see where you are coming from with character johns, those are completely legit. I personally only feel very confident if I am matched up with Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Marth, and maybe Jigglypuff. Against other characters I often feel somewhat lost, like I don't have a real game plan for how to exploit them. Times like those I wish I played Falco well because he basically does the same thing no matter who he is against lol...

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Exactly. but then again i'm sure other players lack the skill to go aaginst certain chars.

I was talking to m2k about pika vs marth and he was like nah *** that i'll go sheik lol.

after this tourney i've discovered something.

falco.

is the best character in the game.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Ya I lost numerous friendlies to N64 with Marth. I would probably pick Sheik against a Pikachu player in a tournament match, that was my game plan after losing some of those friendlies.

Getting good at Smash is no different than anything else. It requires a serious time commitment with lots of practice. I think well before SMYM 9 we should get a practice schedule prepared if we want to be ready for that tournament for like a month in advance.

Uli

Smash Champion
Ya I lost numerous friendlies to N64 with Marth. I would probably pick Sheik against a Pikachu player in a tournament match, that was my game plan after losing some of those friendlies.

Getting good at Smash is no different than anything else. It requires a serious time commitment with lots of practice. I think well before SMYM 9 we should get a practice schedule prepared if we want to be ready for that tournament for like a month in advance.
jbm tyser and me play on fridays usually
holla atcha BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII's

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
yeah we usually play games on friday or saturday and devon has been joining as of lately.

i think we should just meet in omaha as it should be fair for echo, myself, and secks to make the trip. its the only center position in which it makes it fair for us 3 to travel.

a practice schedule would be too nice, as long as people are serious about it.

NEBRASKA FO LIFE!!!

Dozer1170

Smash Cadet
i might be able to have ppl over sat night, not friday though, ACT on Sat morning :ohwell:

i think i might try to main fox, but we'll see how that goes. I also tried pikachu but that was just annoying

Top Bottom