• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Uli

Smash Champion
Bleach is horrible as usual GOD DAMN
naruto is rigged now
where is one piece D:

edit: this should be post 10000 but its not >_>

resTy

Smash Champion
I find it random that Gin, the guy who has been following Aizen all this time and is fully aware of Aizen's capabilities, just defeated Aizen just so that Aizen can be like, "Oh wait, I too have main character status," and then shits on Gin somehow. Aizen was legitimately shitting his pants earlier and now he's just okay. It doesn't make sense. Ichigo's Final Getsuga is going to be the most ******** thing in the history of life. Almost as ******** at Starcrust 2.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I find it random that Gin, the guy who has been following Aizen all this time and is fully aware of Aizen's capabilities, just defeated Aizen just so that Aizen can be like, "Oh wait, I too have main character status," and then shits on Gin somehow. Aizen was legitimately shitting his pants earlier and now he's just okay. It doesn't make sense. Ichigo's Final Getsuga is going to be the most ******** thing in the history of life. Almost as ******** at Starcrust 2.
Thanks for posting spoilers you f*cking ARSEHOLE. Aweeesommmeee.

You're seriously a huge f*cking douche, and I hope you get beat up by a mob of little kids. And when you finally give in and have sex with a hooker, she gives you herpes and you gotta live with that sh*t for the rest of your life.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Debolt your being very selfish considering all of us read the manga and you do not.

Also you aren't even part of the NE thread so STFU or GTFO.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't think games are happening at GG222's tonight but there will be blood at Mexi's tomorrow night.
WTF is Manga? All I know about is Hentai and that stuff is A-OKESOME.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Micro hasnt been > Macro since the days of Zileas dominating Brood War tournies lol....Between two equally good macro producers, sure the game comes down to things like positioning, strategy, timing, and yes micro. But macro is the most crucial aspect.

Uli

Smash Champion
naruto was a bit redunk but it was totally expected i guess >_>
bleach is just kubo trolling everyone
doing literally ANYTHING to aizen makes him stronger i guess

resTy

Smash Champion
Uhhhh...

This...

This...

And this....

Whoever comes in here and it spoilers it for you, shouldn't have come in here.
If you aren't this far, you need to get a life and read more manga...

§chizm

Smash Lord
naruto was a bit redunk but it was totally expected i guess >_>
bleach is just kubo trolling everyone
doing literally ANYTHING to aizen makes him stronger i guess
Aizen's really a Saiyan.
It's going to be revealed soon, trust me.

Also thanks Tyser for reminding me why I don't read or watch Bleach.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Every nerd in here needs to re-examine their lives and realize they read animes lol...

Having said that, there's a good possibility I might creep to the convention for sheer nerd entertainment value :D

Secks.

Smash Ace
Micro hasnt been > Macro since the days of Zileas dominating Brood War tournies lol....Between two equally good macro producers, sure the game comes down to things like positioning, strategy, timing, and yes micro. But macro is the most crucial aspect.
I've sandbagged games on wc3 with over 3k gold and one army by out microing my opponents and not even needing to macro. Might want to rethink your solution. Then again thats just wc3 but also its more similiar to sc2 then sc is to sc2 in the way you can macro and micro now. It got changed I noticed.

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
wc3 has heroes, upkeep, and can only have 5 guys on gold at a time
sc2 has no heroes, no upkeep, 200 max food, and max 24 on minerals

think about which one has more opportunity for a powerful macro game

MaJiK

Smash Ace
im not saying that in SC2 the micro is more important
I'm saying "micro makes for better gameplay"
out producing your opponet is like out scoring him in galaga or donkey kong
it doesn't prove you can react to a situation it proves you can make a better script

W3 was about knowing which units did what the best and moving them away from thier weaknesses
just building a lot of huntresses or crypt fiends didn't win you the game you had to position them well and manually cast the good spells

it's just more about playing the situation like a fighting game

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I'm talking strictly Starcraft obv, why the fk do ppl keep bringin up Warcraft 3 like that's even relevant to this discussion?

And major LOLZ at Warcraft 3 being more similar to Starcraft 2 than Starcraft is to Starcraft 2. No.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I think SC2 is a pretty good mashup of WC3 adn SC1. Macro I feel is much more important than Micro, but micro can still make a difference. This guy was owning us in 3v3 last night, but because i was able to use high templars and storm the sh*t out of him we won significantly faster.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
I think the point i'm not getting across is
Starcraft < Warcraft because
Macro < Micro

Micro is actually fighting your opponent and the only reason to play an RTS instead of a TBS
SC isn't as much skill as WC because your just following your own script and whosever script was better won just like C&C

now the only thing to decide is am I just trolling at this point or am I saying facts. . . . .

(hint it's facts)

dmac

Smash Champion
war3 has nothing to do with wow gameplay wise dont even use that as part an argument ( neutral to anything else i dont know **** about rts)

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
They didn't want two of their own games competing with each other in the same genre, so they turned the less popular one into an mmo. More crowd = better.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
wow had an interestingly enough story/ generic races/ D&D feel that when they wanted to cash in on the MMO craze they refurbished Warcraft instead of diablo/starcraft/vikings
blizzard likes money and spoiled kids get their parents credit card numbers to play wow and buy all that stupid extra crap blizzard says is "rare" but is really just a program they can make until the memory runs out on their servers
wow is warcraft with all the ******ery taken out, with all the characters watered down, with all of the lore turned on it's head so a random party of 5 paladins with 12 year old kids controlling them can take down Illidan Stormrage
if you were truly a fan of warcraft lore you HATE wow's "story''

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Pfffffff. Starcraft forever.

How the fk does a game being more micro-centered make it more about skill lol....thats a complete fallacy. It's a different kind of skill. It's not more skill.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
Pfffffff. Starcraft forever.

How the fk does a game being more micro-centered make it more about skill lol....thats a complete fallacy. It's a different kind of skill. It's not more skill.
because your macro game is like a script you already know what you're going to build first and what your army will look like when you want to attack

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
Magik, you are so wrong, and i will explain why. I will also explain in fighting game terms when applicable as you seem to have no experience with any other genre of gaming and are incapable of comprehending those games beyond the fighting game genre.

Premise 1: You assume macro is a "script" of set moves that requires no adaptation or creativity, and the player with the better "script" wins.
Response: Players continually scout each other to determine what the other is doing and change their strategy of what units to produce, when to attack, and when to expand accordingly. If your strategy starts to fail do you keep going with it, or do you adapt to the situation? The only part of the game that is mapped out is the time up to ~12 supply when your average first scout would happen. Also, there is no ultimate strategy. If there is, it will be patched out.
Fighting game terms: I keep teching left and getting owned. Maybe I'll start teching right! Fighting games also have "scripts" in the form of combos and patterns of movement. Figuring out your opponents patterns of movement is a big part in winning.

Premise 2: You assume SC2 is all macro with very little micro compared to WC3.
Response: This is wrong. SC2 has many units with special abilities and upgrades just like WC3. Also, superior micro can win you games. Knowing when to blink stalkers back, stim marines, and positioning at a choke point are all important. I would argue that due to upkeep, heroes, and low food supply WC3 has very little macro compared to SC2. While on the micro level, they are even with the exception of heroes who have numerous abilities.

Premise 3: You assume WC3 is more exciting/better for spectators than SC2.
Reponse: The whole nation of South Korea disagrees with you. SC2 is one of the most watched, if not the most watched, e-sports games in the world. It is incredibly exciting to watch. Due to the fact that in SC2 you have to not only produce units, expand, and research technologies but also fight battles all over the map, SC2 requires way more skill than WC3 where all you have to worry about is micro and macro is so slow you can forget about it while battling.

Conclusion: You have no idea what you are talking about and have never played nor watched SC2 at a competitive level. The premises for your arguments are completely unfounded, and I want you to run 10 miles for me right now as punishment. GO!

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
People are posting some embarrassing ass newb posts. Stop talking about a game everybody in this thread sucks at. Yes, that means you...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So the best Peach from Japan (Brawl) seems to be in my pools at APEX.

Hawt.
Nice, how'd you do?

People are posting some embarrassing ass newb posts. Stop talking about a game everybody in this thread sucks at. Yes, that means you...
SC2 has been out for like a week and unless you are like Nick(Bored Peanut) and got the beta, you probably do suck at that game. Plus why the hell would you play a 1player game that isn't Mega Man?

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yeah Majik is basically just randomly hating. As I said earlier...just because a game is more about micro than macro, does NOT (repeat NOT) mean it takes more skill.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
ha people is funny

well i've said all I could about it so either you guys just don't get it or you know something you're not telling me

and i don't like secrets

MaJiK

Smash Ace
That may be. Or perhaps a more logical solution is one of our nostalgic ideals of the games of yesteryear have interfered with our interpritations of the games we play now. I beleive this is the ideal conclusion which means that neither one of our arguments could ever hold water to the other. We would need some sort of scale that isn't just the bias of one or the common beleif of another culture. This would prove quite difficult for at this point in our conflict, because the goal at this point it isn't to convince the other to join our view point but is more of a challenge to prove the other wrong. Or it's just a conflict of opinions between two stubborn people.

or mayb yous a doo doo hed

Top Bottom