• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
That may be. Or perhaps a more logical solution is one of our nostalgic ideals of the games of yesteryear have interfered with our interpritations of the games we play now. I beleive this is the ideal conclusion which means that neither one of our arguments could ever hold water to the other. We would need some sort of scale that isn't just the bias of one or the common beleif of another culture. This would prove quite difficult for at this point in our conflict, because the goal at this point it isn't to convince the other to join our view point but is more of a challenge to prove the other wrong. Or it's just a conflict of opinions between two stubborn people.

or mayb yous a doo doo hed
this is wrong

MaJiK

Smash Ace
you can't respond to legitimate ideas by just saying they're wrong
there is no way to prove I'm wrong without giving any new informaion

MaJiK

Smash Ace
you know in the back of my mind I know I shouldn't type anymore and continue this but I just feel compelled to do so

when I said "there is no way to prove I'm wrong without any new information" that is essentially the start of a new argument because I had nothing to go off of when all you said was "this is wrong"
this is a game of chess and I'm waiting on your move

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Here's why you're wrong and we are right:

Your whole argument is based on the premise that micro management requires more skill than macro management. That's obviously nothing but a fallacy. One requires intimate knowledge of how to position and maneuver a few units. The other demands that the player keep up an extremely rigorous pace of production and tech advancement. They are different skill sets and to say one requires more skill than the other is borderline absurd IMO because there is no way to measure such a thing.

Thus, your argument is completely void of any legitimate points. Our argument (that your argument is absurd and you are randomly hating without just cause) is valid. Notice we never said ZOMG WARCRAFT IS FOR N00BS AND STARCRAFT IS PRO!!111!!1!

resTy

Smash Champion
More like we got newbs trying to act like elitist know it alls when they're just scrubs who don't know what they're talking about.

resTy

Smash Champion
How so? I'm not talking about something I'm a scrub at unlike you.
I only keep it Smash. Something I know too much about.
Don't get your information twisted son.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
How so? I'm not talking about something I'm a scrub at unlike you.
I only keep it Smash. Something I know too much about.
Don't get your information twisted son.
Troll got trolled.

I never claimed to know a lot about SC2. And I am a scrub at it.

Get done in.

resTy

Smash Champion
If you knew how to troll, then perhaps.
You're taking me so seriously right now; it's hysterical.
I bet you cry at my posts on a regular day to day basis.
I'll bring you a box of tissues next time I see you xD

Majik on the other hand, is doing it correctly.
I approve, good sir.

dmac

Smash Champion
Trolls Trolling Trolls
One troll deliberatly acts like a ****tard in order to gain attention
A second troll, believing the first troll is being serious, attacks them using another extreme form of ****tardedness.
The two will banter back and forth, one thinking that he is totally pwning the other.
The end result it either:
One gives up and leaves. The other (wrongly) thinks he has won.
Both realise they have made a stupid mistake and claim it was all a joke. Honest.

from ed

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Is anyone interested in going to the Chi-town tourney on the 21st?

So far idk how people are on it. I'd be down to go but devons not for sure so ive got only me confirmed.

Here is what i was thinking though. We could just get a group to go down to KC. If people aren't hungry for Gates i could possibly hold a tourney at my place...

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Melee is play to win.

Like it or GTFO!

From Mango's mouth-"hbox is ruining melee. He plays it the way it shouldn't be played. (abused, camping parts of the stage).

I don't like the way melee is going but **** the top nerds are just nerdier than the rest imo. people need to play more people and BE better than others.

This game is pretty technical, but if your in so deep why quit now? just make it clear your not gonna practice or travel much for the game.

Melee is a Great game with horrible glitches making my rating for it a 8/10.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm not gonna travel. I've pretty much made that clear as I haven't gone anywhere since Hot Dick.
I'm not even going to Iowa for Smash anymore because it's a waste of my time, Smash-wise.
I still enjoy hanging out with the players around here so I continue to play games is all.
Actually, you guys are my only friends as sad as that sounds lol.
I enjoy hanging out and being around people who are nerds and who are chill and stuff.
That's why I still hang and play Melee with you guys.
I play for fun, not necessarily to get pro anymore.

That said, I'm gonna retire Samus and just play joke chars now.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm gonna retire Samus and just play joke chars now.
This died really really really fast lol.
After tonight, I realized I'm literally incapable of playing another character well.
Ugh, Smash is too damn addictive when you're average/good.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This died really really really fast lol.
After tonight, I realized I'm literally incapable of playing another character well.
Ugh, Smash is too damn addictive when you're average/good.
Hey Tyser u down for melee friendlies next time we meet?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

cue

Smash Journeyman
yo me and jbm only played you guys one set so get off it. Me and uli make a sick team btw

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Yo im going to KC next weekend.

Pretty sure devon and i are going. Anyone else interested? we will leave around 10 on saturday and then go home after the tourney. Gates is possible if people want it.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I'm intrigued by goin to KC, I might be down. Timing might be a bit bad tho because its the last weekend of summer vacation for me..

And Cactuar shoulda won that easily. Wow @ his edgeguard choke at the end

Top Bottom