• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Uli

Smash Champion
bleach should end right there and ichigo should die in his hyperbolic time chamber
this would be the perfect ending

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
How about Ruroni Kenshin sir and any of you guys be down for games at my place tonight?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
^The movies are amazing, the anime was too boring for me tbh.

Im gonna look into one piece.

Mo i have your keys.

I need to work on jiggs vs falco. **** is tough.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
You people ***** about your anime/manga more than anyone else. if you hate them so much stop reading them.. Problem solved. Especially tyser, all that dude does is complain.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
it's like a bad movie or a bad book
you know its bad
you know there is only a 10% chance of it pulling together in the end
you KNOW if that 10% chance fails then you will regret the time you put into it

BUT you also know that if you never took the chance to see the ending you never know what could have been :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
as far as games tonight, I'm going over to dans in a bit, helping him move. I may be down to host after or make him host. I'll be back on here sometime.

Edit: I made it home, down to host, call me first though.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
BBCS? How is everyone's SC2 going? I got put in the silver league 1v1, i can't remember the division. i went 3-2 with my placement matches. woot.

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
i havent played my placement matches yet, I hope I get into gold or platinum.
Tips on how 2 play:
build harvesters. if you are wondering when to stop building harvesters then you arent good enough to stop building harvesters.
set production buildings to control groups.
never queue up units in your production buildings.
keep your money below 400 minerals (gas doesnt matter). if you cant keep your money below 400 then its time to build more unit producing buildings or expand.
when you expand, send half of your harvesters from your base to the expansion. this increases you minerals per second rate by a lot.

Strategy for idiot players (that u bolt): dont even worry about microing your army. Just focus on macro. Build workers, build stuff, build dudes. Never stop building. If you are used to warcraft3 then too bad, this game is all about being able to pump out more dudes than your opponent. just build dudes and attack-move them across the map. dont micro, just macro. micro will come in time.

edit: forgot to say to learn your ****ing hotkeys

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I played one more league game last night, it was soooooo f*ckin close. It turned out to be a base race, the douchebag barely won cause i couldn't find his last hatchery, and then was like "just surrender next time, you had already lost" which was def not the case cause I watched replay.

I just need to learn counters and such. The new units confuse me, roaches and hydras give me loads of trouble.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
warcraft 3 micro was insanely needed

you could have an obviously inferior army but if you microed well and your opponet didn't you still easily won

KyloWinter

Smash Ace
wc3 was all about micro cuz it had no real macro. pumping out units was a bad thing cuz then you lose money to upkeep. a bad game competitively.

bolt: what race you play? also, remember that everyone online will taunt and insult you cuz its sc and thats how it goes

cue

Smash Journeyman
games tonight at my place. 7 pm . call me if your comming

smash blaz ssf4.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
wc3 was all about micro cuz it had no real macro. pumping out units was a bad thing cuz then you lose money to upkeep. a bad game competitively.

bolt: what race you play? also, remember that everyone online will taunt and insult you cuz its sc and thats how it goes
I play protoss. I wanna play zerg but they're just too different for me. and im not fast enough to keep up with them, they confuse the hell out of me.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
x y is x. ice burn
wtf does that mean?

micro means more than macro
micro is your spacing
micro is your timing
micro is your technical game

macro is just slamming the c stick
whose got the bigger army is like who has the better character
micro decides who knows more

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
wtf does that mean?

micro means more than macro
micro is your spacing
micro is your timing
micro is your technical game

macro is just slamming the c stick
whose got the bigger army is like who has the better character
micro decides who knows more
You just put a big sign on yourself that reads "I'm the biggest noob ever"

Comparing smash to starcraft. Oh lawd.

Haha <3 Majik

MaJiK

Smash Ace
. . . . I am a bit of a SC noob though I still beleive my point is valid
it just seems that SC is about production just like C&C so i can relate to having macro be superior to micro in an RTS

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Nahhh you'll never ever ever win going into a game thinking that micro is superior to macro, unless you're playing Warcraft 3. Micro is a lot more situational, whereas macro is something you have to constantly keep up with, or you will certainly lose, especially in Starcraft 2. Macro is a lot more of the game in 2 than it was in 1. It's just more complicated than saying one is more important than the other. This is Starcraft we're talking about, nothing is easy. Game takes more skill than anything ever.

Top Bottom