• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Echo

Smash Champion
...nevermind I found the thread.
Uli are you doing 3rd Strike dubs? I'm looking for someone to partner up with.

Uli

Smash Champion
alright everyone vote if you want the new stage list or not starting now!!
im towards the new stage list O.o

anywhoo
tyser i plan on bringing my tv 1
i assume jbm is bringing his 1
des moines will have at least 1 tv
so thats 3
if dmac = 4

also i think ill be doing pools for singles but not for teams here cuz of time and lack of setups
teams, singles pools, and then singles!!

im teaming with blank for 3's echo, if he doesnt want to do it ill team with you or something

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Im for the new stage list just because its gonna become the norm in the future anyways -_-

Im gonna take the truck down to Des Moines so yeah. I dunno how we're gonna deal with the truck space. We'll figure shit out hopefully.

Everyone should bring a Wii/Cube with Melee.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
This is the new norm :)

This is SBR official ruleset 2009.

I will miss playing on pokemon though, such a good stage.

Also Mo and I had probably the gayest money matches last night. he knows he won, but technically I won. ClutchMcGee i was after that third match.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
So confirmed for Brawl (Redemption) from Nebraska are as follows?:

- JBM falcon08
- Echo
- SM3EsH
- Tyserification
- W.Jr
- Uli
- Dekline42
- MaJiK
- Slik
- cue and co.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
SPOILERS!

Naruto: Starts off with the Byakugan crap. If the guy takes out the eye it will blow up or something. Other stupid crap happen. I dont like this guy. Goes to Kisame/Killer Bee. Killer Bee goes into 7 tailed mode which looks similar to Naruto's 4 tailed form. He tries to fight against Samehada (the sword) and it takes some of his chakra. The sword has a life of it's own and can move freely without Kisame. Kisame creates a water barrier or some jack and says that he's just gonna handle Killer Bee slowly until there's nothing left of him. The old man tells Killer Bee to get rid of Samehada so that Kisame will be defenseless. Hearing this, Kisame fuses with Samehada to form some Super Saiyan Shark thing. End.

Bleach: Ichigo and Unohana are still running. Ichigo's reiatsu is disrupting the garganta so Unohana goes to the front to stabilize it. He's impressed at her reiatsu. She says his on the same level so he shouldnt be. Ichigo says he's only at half strength because Inoue didnt fully heal him. He also tells her that his clothes are part of his bankai and display how much strength he still has. Unohana is in shock because he's so strong with only half of his outfit on, meaning he's only at about 50% right now. Switches to Yami/Kuchiki/Kenpachi fight. Kenpachi is owning and instead of dealing the killing blow he stops and lets Byakuya do it. Byakuya declines and they argue. Yami is pissed and shoots a huge cero at them. Ken takes off his eye patch and Byakuya does his bankai and they finish off Yami. End.

One Piece: None this week.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I thought you thought it was amazing lol.

Also, are you guys crashin at someone's place on Saturday night are leaving Saturday?

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I cant get saturday off so im not coming 90% confirmed
ty-sah you should take me to that brawlol crap on friday
I wanna make little boys cry + its easy cash

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Embassy Suites Omaha/La Vista Conference Center - Dapper rooms 1 & 2
12520 Westport Pkwy.
La Vista, NE 68128

GO GO GO!!!

Uli

Smash Champion
does anyone disagree with new stage list that is actually going?
because so far its totally going to be it!

i hope bleach spoilers is real, i was right about yami being a fuuucking jokeeee
boulen should play us some songs from bleach on his violin :3

dmac

Smash Champion
right now we got like 5 melee dudes and 2 brarwll guys comin up, supposedly at least, people always back out, like jerks. me massive jace strongbad fakepc for melee, fino mjg for brawl. i'll also play 3s if someone wants to team with me, i'll practice a little bit for it even!

Uli

Smash Champion
oh dayum!
i guess bring w/e you can if you would
i dont think we are going to have a lot of set ups >_>
worst case we can finish the tournament at jokers house?!?! (assuming)

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Tyser are u planning to do pick-ups on friday for that tourney cause I wouldn't mind if u decide to?
Yeah, I dont mind. What's your address?

oh dayum!
i guess bring w/e you can if you would
i dont think we are going to have a lot of set ups >_>
worst case we can finish the tournament at jokers house?!?! (assuming)
I honestly doubt we wont get finished lol. We get by with 2 TVs at Joker's all the time.

Echo

Smash Champion
Dmac, I typically play Ken for the most part in every SF lol... but I was thinking about workin on Akuma or Chun if I get a chance to head to Davids. I haven't played for quite a while but if you feel like throwing some money away, I'm down. :p

MaJiK

Smash Ace
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects

I don't remember that rule in melee

unfortunately I have a league on fridays so I won't be attending this little brawl fest to pick on little kids with the rest of you. I hope all your character glitch on you for going to this brawl thingy

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I accidentally activated my trap card (that rule) at JBM's crusty old monthlies against Yosh. I did extender and the Cube died -_- Dunno how.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Uhhh, anyone else see that Houston Alexander is gonna fight Kimbo Slice at the Ultimate Finale?

EDIT: Check out this small guy owning this enormous guy:
http://mmalinker.com/videos/view/24495/Giant_Silva_vs_Ikuhisa_Minowa
Spoilers are SPOILERS AND SHOULD NOT BE POSTED YOU F*CKING A$$!!!!!!!!!!

Roy nelson did NOT win that fight. If anyone won it was Justin, i thought it shoulda went to a third round though. Stupid effing judges.

Edit: Who the **** is Houston Alexander?

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I dont lke da new stage list cuz I love PS dunno what else to say on that.

I've heard the Houston/Kimbo rumors for awhile IDK if it'll happen cuz IDK was weight it'd be at but it def be an exciting fight.

Also, Roy won both rounds IMO. That seems to be the consensus on Sherdog too. Don't listen to Dana White, he talks out his *** all the time and is biased as fk, he talked like Roy was a joke before the fight and Wren was the 2nd coming of Lesnar lol...

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I don't care what Dana White says.

I think it was a tie, and the first round it looked like Wren was rocking Roy's ****.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol because he hit him hard 2 or 3 times in the first couple minutes? Nelson was never in an ounce of danger. I could see the first round being a tie, it was a close round. Nelson won the 2nd round in very decisive fashion, he was far more dominant than Wren ever was, there's nothing to complain about. Thinkin otherwise is just noob bias or drinking Dana's koolaid.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f56/roy-won-dana-cant-see-past-his-ego-1094194/

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f56/roy-nelson-won-fight-1094192/

Wren gassed out like every other pathetic fighter on this pathetic season, he has nobody to blame but his own ****ty cardio. Sad that Nelson probably has better cardio than anyone else on the show, these guys should be ashamed.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I didn't watch the fight because I was busy studyin but Nelson is a beast.

I want to touch his body.

with sharp razor blades.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Yeah this season is pathetic, I still think it shoulda went to a third round. Wren might have missed a lot but I thought he did better than Roy in the first round, Roy didn't do much of anything. I think Wren woulda lost though in the third round cause he couldn't even keep his hands up.

And sadly yeah I agree with Nelson looking like he has better cardio. Utterly pathetic that a fat **** like that has better cardio than the rest of those guys.

Srsly though, who the **** is Houston?

Dekline42

Smash Ace
alright everyone vote if you want the new stage list or not starting now!!
im towards the new stage list O.o
I agree with Mo about Pokemon, its a super balanced stage imo and I rly don't think the transformations break it. Other than that the list looks really good, since it gets rid of some of those gay stages like mute/japes/green greens. But people hardly ever go there, so I guess I'd be against the new stages.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I agree with Mo about Pokemon, its a super balanced stage imo and I rly don't think the transformations break it. Other than that the list looks really good, since it gets rid of some of those gay stages like mute/japes/green greens. But people hardly ever go there, so I guess I'd be against the new stages.
Says the Falco main -_- STFU!
j/k I love Pokemon also.

Top Bottom