• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
People need to figure out riding situations.

The only two confirmed drivers we have are me and devon.

People who are going of my knowing are

Devon
Tony
Echo
David
Uli
Dekline
Tyser
Myself
Catrell
Idk his bro's name

I haven't heard what yosh's plan is.

Regardless there might have to be a 3rd person to drive.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Im assuming everyone is leaving Friday afternoon-night? Im gonna win that Brawl tournament on Friday to get some extra money then Ill come down on Saturday with Trent's crew for the good shit.

Uli

Smash Champion
i think tyser is leaving with other people saterday morning because he is going to win some crappy brawl tourny here on friday to pay for his trip to des moines
i bet david has his own crew to ride with??!?!?!?!?

Devon
Tony
Echo
Uli
Dekline
Myself
Catrell
Idk his bro's name!

so 4 per car ???
assuming i am correct?!?!

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Sooooo....

JBM's car:
Brice
Andrew
Yulai
Catrell
Catrell's brother

Smeesh's car:
Devon
Tony
Mike
David?

Trent's car:
Austin
Silvers
Nick
Tyser

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

EDIT: There is a possibility that I will drive. Its based on if there are any stragglers. If I end up driving it wont be until Saturday morning though.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I am leaving Saturday Morning.

I'll take Uli Echo Catrell and his bro.

Devon can take Dekline and yosh if yosh is going.

I don't let haters ride in my car.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
ROFL, JBM being JBM. How typical.

If I must, Ill drive people. I need Dekline and Uli in my car though, theyre my homies.

So the new ride situation theory:

JBM's car:
Brice
Mike
Catrell
Catrell's brother

Smeesh's car:
Devon
Tony
Johnny

Trent's car:
Austin
Silvers
Nick

Tyser's car:
Tyser
Dekline
Yulai

EDIT: Is everyone leaving Saturday morning?

EDIT2: Anyone hosting games this week? Im available Thursday night only I think -_- Finals week for me. I havent gotten to play Melee in over a week now o.O

Uli

Smash Champion
Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

i do believe this will be the new stage list for melee at redemption
unless a majority says no

Tyserification

Smash Lord
My car is now full:

Tyser (Tyser)
Yulai (Uli)
Andrew (Dekline)
Jon (Slik)

We'll be down thur Saturday morn.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Stage transformations promote camping, low ceiling leads an advantage for space animals. Transformations are ideal for space animals to form random combos.

Since they got rid of the gay stages like mute, japes, etc. that helped out peach and jiggs, they got rid of pokemon on random for spacies, and floats for spacies.

Also Melee is now stage striking.

This is so good for marth.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
The only thing I dont like about the new stage list is that Pokemon isnt on random anymore. Its such a good level. People are idiots. Spacies have an advantage on switch? They have the advantage 100% of the time all the time, it doesnt make a bit of difference. People are idiots.

Stage striking is LOLS BRAWL! also. When you have to take something from a bad game like that, something is terribly wrong.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I'm with Tyser. So space animals have a bit of an edge? Big deal, every character has an edge on certain stages. IMO PS is a great stage and I dont see any reason for it to be off of random. The biggest issue I have by far is that they take away Mute because it's too good for Jiggs and Peach, yet THEY LEAVE RAINBOW CRUISE?! That's just LOL bad because Fox and Falco are like 70/30 vs anyone there. Makes no sense.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Dude

Have you ever played a good jiggs or peach on say brinstar? it sucks.
Have you played a jiggs or peach on kongo? still pretty **** tough (jiggs for sure)

So fox/falco have pokemon/cruise. Sounds like a decent comparison to me.

FoD shouldn't be a random either, but since there is stage striking it doesn't matter.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Have you ever played a good jiggs or peach on say brinstar? it sucks.
Have you played a jiggs or peach on kongo? still pretty **** tough (jiggs for sure)
How would you know. Youve never played against a good Jiggz or Peach on either of those stages . . . Plus, this game is about how well you adapt. Pokemon would show how well you can adapt to those situations. People are idiots.

Stage striking is still LOL BRAWL! I cant believe Melee is gonna use that disgrace that originated from Brawloolllololoolooll.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Brinstar is nowhere near the level of Mute in terms of how good it is for Peach and Jiggly. It makes no sense to have a 70/30 stage on counters for spacies but not for the ultrafloaties. It's ******** because if you're against a fox/falco you practically have to automatically use your strike on Cruise, while they get to use theirs at their discretion.

Echo

Smash Champion
Stage striking didn't come from Brawl... it was actually pretty popular when Devon and I traveled alot. Then people did alot of complaining so it went back to the way it has been.

PS is arguably one of the best and most neutral stages the game has to offer. The only downfall is when it transforms, BUT, I don't see it being so bad that the stage is no longer neutral. Having the two platforms where they are without a higher middle platform works to break up alot of broken combos, mainly chaingrabbing. You can still take advantage of throwing someone up to the platform, but you aren't going to get your whole stock grabbed away like you are on FD.

Sooo PS isn't neutral, but battlefield is... I can not understand how ledges that can straight up glitch when you're coming back to the stage can be considered neutral.

I don't feel like typing for hours, but I feel like debating this, lets play some games tonight.

Oh, and this:
Brinstar is nowhere near the level of Mute in terms of how good it is for Peach and Jiggly. It makes no sense to have a 70/30 stage on counters for spacies but not for the ultrafloaties. It's ******** because if you're against a fox/falco you practically have to automatically use your strike on Cruise, while they get to use theirs at their discretion.
Agreed.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
PS is arguably one of the best and most neutral stages the game has to offer. The only downfall is when it transforms, BUT, I don't see it being so bad that the stage is no longer neutral. Having the two platforms where they are without a higher middle platform works to break up alot of broken combos, mainly chaingrabbing. You can still take advantage of throwing someone up to the platform, but you aren't going to get your whole stock grabbed away like you are on FD.
I agree with this statement.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Good stuff Dmac.

When pokemon is at neutral it is the best stage for the exception the ceiling. I agree with that, but the transformations are so significant.

Think, play a fox who is so gay he literally runs away and lasers. Then when the stage transforms he goes after you. He ***** you because of all the laser damage he's caused and now your dead. Impractical I know but this is where smash is going today.

All the other stages are fine for the exception of camping on DL64 with fox and falco or FoD.

Stage striking ftw.

Also BF that only happens when you go passed the invisible wall of the stage. With proper spacing you won't miss the ledge. Practice makes perfect.

This is awful for Samus. strike dl64 they strike fd i strike bf they strike ys or fod doesn't matter they are playing me on a small stage.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
quick question who the **** has the right to change the rules anyway?
I mean come on I've been in the smash scene for a long time and I thought the tier list and neutrals were just opinionated by people not like some committee who decided what we do.
I mean we argue about the tier list all the time. Just keep doing what we're doing

Tyserification

Smash Lord
A buncha idiots, apparently. Changing stages that have been used for a good 3+ years is kinda redunk. I mean, I hate those stupid counterpicks as much as the next guy but I still think it's stupid that they changed everything.

People who are for this are cock fags.

dmac

Smash Champion
what time is the tourney starting? how many people do you guys expect? how many tvs are you gonna have? should i bring one?

Top Bottom