• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I think Justin Wren was really impressive and it kinda sucks that he's fighting Nelson because thats prolly a finale-caliber fight. I predict the winner of that wins the show.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Agreed, Roy is a f*cking tool. Yeah, trying to take Marcus down was that guys dumbest move, the dude is just too big for that.

Matt Mitrone is a biatch, that fight was just pathetic. Roy Nelson just used his huge gut to beat kimbo, and that fight was pathetic. Justin just dominated his guy, but if I remember correctly the guy he faced wasn't all that good.

Marcus' armbar was insane. I hate Matt, Darryl, and Roy the most. I hope they all get killed.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Nelson is by far the most experienced and skillful fighter on the show whether ya like him or not. The guy has fought top-10 caliber heavyweights before. Wren beat Wes Sims, who is one of the few on the show with actual UFC experience, having also fought world class competition.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Nelson didn't even look good in his fight. The way he won looked like any fat@$$ could do it. use your gigantic amounts of lard to lay ontop of the guy and then deliver the weakest punches possible to his head.

I hope roy literally gets eviscerated. And I hope marcus effing murders darryl.

^^ This tourney looks legit.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Bolt, do you even know Roy Nelson's background? I dont like the guy, but he is certainly the most experienced guy on the show right now. He was the IFL Champ at one point . . .

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Bolt, do you even know Roy Nelson's background? I dont like the guy, but he is certainly the most experienced guy on the show right now. He was the IFL Champ at one point . . .
Yes, i am aware of his background. Just cause he's experienced doesn't mean that fight with kimbo wasn't total sh*t.

Apparently ramapge won't be fighting rashad anyways, http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...mpage-Jackson-Dana-White-forced-UFC-exit.html

Sweet. Not. I was looking forward to that fight. Especially after all the smack talk.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol Bolt you are noob.

First, I've known Rampage backed outta that fight for like a month.

Second, Nelson is a good fighter whether you like him or not. You obv have no idea what you were watching if you think what he did was that simple looool. Leg sweep takedown followed by textbook top control transitioning into a crucifix, where the opponent is helpless. If "any lardass" can do it, why dont you look up Joe Stevenson vs Spencer Fisher, where Fisher is finished after being put in the same position. But wait it's only impressive when a skinnier guy does it...

He may not have been exciting when he beat Kimbo but thats not his fault that Kimbo is so pathetic in terms of ground technique. What was he supposed to do, trade haymakers with him? I thought it was pretty meh as well but I get why he did wat he had to do.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
LOL I remember hearing about him being in the A-Team. I think I even posted something about it. Didnt think he'd quit MMA for it though -_-

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Everyone even said there wasn't much kimbo coulda done, the dude was just too fat. And yeah if roy thinks he's so f*cking good why wouldn't he trade haymakers with kimbo? the dude thinks he can beat anyone at anything. it was a disgusting win. Anyways, go marcus.

Also, I've known about the A-team for a while too. I just thought it was rumors and I thought he'd fight rashad first before leaving. A-team movie is going to suck, liam nelson (dude from taken idk his last name) and jessica biel are in it plus Rampage? WTF kinda casting is that? Random.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Everyone even said there wasn't much kimbo coulda done, the dude was just too fat. And yeah if roy thinks he's so f*cking good why wouldn't he trade haymakers with kimbo? the dude thinks he can beat anyone at anything. it was a disgusting win. Anyways, go marcus.
THeres plenty Kimbo coulda done lol starting with, lets see: A. Dont get taken down. B. Keep him in your half guard at least once you do get taken down. C. Dont let him trap your arm like that. It's not because the dude was "too fat" thats fkn ********. It's because hes a better fighter. Again, I say is Joe Stevenson's win over Spencer Fisher disgusting or not just cuz he happens to be in better shape?

It was pretty clear Nelson wasnt confident he had superior standup after the first few exchanges. Personally, I think Nelson acted like a ******* after the fight and his overall attitude is pretty LOL because he's basically fighting a bunch of noob prospects and I hope Justin Wren beats him. But acting like he has no skill just shows a lack of MMA knowledge.

Also, I've known about the A-team for a while too. I just thought it was rumors and I thought he'd fight rashad first before leaving. A-team movie is going to suck, liam nelson (dude from taken idk his last name) and jessica biel are in it plus Rampage? WTF kinda casting is that? Random.
LMAO I havent seen anyone put it like that but its so true. It's like **** if you're gonna be a ***** you couldnt at least be a ***** for a halfway decent movie? This **** is gonna be garbajjjjjj. Oh yeah and Liam Neeson lol...dudes sick.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Saying Neeson is in a film is to give it credit, it's the other assorted random choices in cast that are weighing it down. That and the fact that it's an A-team remake.

Quit trollin strong bad.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i find kimbo slice's fighting style to be kind of ridiculous sometimes. as well as him in general. yes, I watch UFC. it's hard to believe, i know.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I still hate Roy. The sight of his body makes me sick. I liked how Dana White called him out in the last episode though. "You do realize your win was not impressive, right?"

MaJiK

Smash Ace
Dudes Since no one picked up the host this weekend I'm game for games at my place
If you're not going to watch the game tonight or come after/before the game (i have no idea when it is) I'll host if people will come I got
3tv's
0 that's right 0 games systems/smash DAVID BRING MY SYSTEM IF YOU COME OVER!
it'll be in my basement/dev's room this time and the pool table/table tennis table will be cleared off for that if it happens

+BWW is just 2 blocks away and if it's packed when we go there's always a taco bell/ fat burger in that area as well

MaJiK's The Gathering will happen tonight unless people don't wanna show

MaJiK

Smash Ace
1402 Cherry Tree Ln 68133

a block or so north of 72nd and hwy 370
come around 7

Bdubs is off i'll make snacks

Also try to get in contact with david and see if he can bring my system

as of now if you don't bring a system we will have to play 64 smash
any Qs call 402 686 9900

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Hey thats cool that you guys enjoyed the animecon.

But

I noticed that my arcade stick was being used at this event. Why wasn't I contacted?

If you have something of mine and want to use it for things such as this Please let me know. I probably wouldn't have cared had I known about it or been asked but I wasn't.

Please ask next time before assuming it is ok. I'm not mad about it but I will be frustrated next time if this happens again. If you are offended by this then just use someone else's sticks. All I ask is to be contacted next time so i'm aware of where my stuff is at and who it is being used by.

Uli

Smash Champion
Hey thats cool that you guys enjoyed the animecon.

But

I noticed that my arcade stick was being used at this event. Why wasn't I contacted?

If you have something of mine and want to use it for things such as this Please let me know. I probably wouldn't have cared had I known about it or been asked but I wasn't.

Please ask next time before assuming it is ok. I'm not mad about it but I will be frustrated next time if this happens again. If you are offended by this then just use someone else's sticks. All I ask is to be contacted next time so i'm aware of where my stuff is at and who it is being used by.
oh wow i cant believe i didnt even think about that... -_-
sorry brice :\

but they were only used by dekline me and greg, blazblue didnt happen or something just to let you no

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
GC Guy checking in from Seattle... I am working on some tournament things for Nebraska coming up in 2010...so hoping we can get you all some larger scale action going out there.

I dont check Smash Boards that often... AiB is where do most of posting and on my website at www.gameclucks.com which is the LAN Center I own.

Hope we can work somethings out in Nebraska for you all!!

--GC Guy

Top Bottom