• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I just read a full summary about Dragon Ball AF which is some fanmade manga after DBGT thing. Its quite redunk. Goku achieves SSJ6 which is the Power of a God's God lol.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Actually she mentally ******** Tyser and I hate saying that word and I have to watch her on weekends at 10:00 p.m

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
When it's possible to use your Astral [Now just when they're at 20% and you have full heat regardless of rounds] you start glowing.

Comebacks happen ALL THE TIME in 2D fighters. And they're way more legendary than any comeback in Smash. Like Dekline said, Daigo's parry at EVO ect ect

In any event, I can't take Smash seriously as a game. It's a lot of fun, which is why I'll play it. Honestly I can't really get into fighting games seriously at all. I'm still too much of an FPS player. I'm trying with BB though, it's a lot of fun, just need to get a new stick so I can start practicing again.

My buddy in Ohio was talking about buying the acrade cabinet of BB:CS when it comes out and hosting a tourney before it's actually released. That or just taking the money he would spend and flying over to Japan to play games til he's outta cash (and I'd either go over to his place if he buys the cabinet or go with him to Japan for the lulz)

SliK

Smash Journeyman
BlazBlue looks exactly the same but now this Haz dude is a mix between Q and Micheal Jackson.

Actually she mentally ******** Tyser and I hate saying that word and I have to watch her on weekends at 10:00 p.m
Why did you not use the technical term I'm sure we can understand. People in here know about tech... it's there skill.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Im a dick. Sorry.

Comebacks happen ALL THE TIME in 2D fighters. And they're way more legendary than any comeback in Smash. Like Dekline said, Daigo's parry at EVO ect ect
An opinion that I dont agree with in the least bit. I'd say theyre about equal. People just dont respect Melee because they dont know how to play it.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Imagine how it must look to people who aren't into Smash, there's a ton of rules setup, many of the stages are banned, there's a ton of rules saying what is allowed and what isn't allowed. When most fighting games stages have no effect on gameplay, there's nothing like stalling that can be easily abused TO ban in the first place. Is it a surprise that Smash is the Halo of fighting games?

"An opinion I disagree with blahblahblah"
An opinion that is heavily reinforced by the fact that nobody in the fighting community respects Smash, so why would anyone know about a Smash comeback?

You hear references from Yipes and Daigo and Justin and the lot thrown in at just about every fighting game event, but I can't imagine anyone yelling out the name of a good Melee player. But post around on the popular fighting games and ask for a top 10 list of fighting game comebacks or something, I'd be pretty surprised if there was a Smash Bros. match in that last.

[Keep this up. I have 4 more hours til I'm out of class.]

Tyserification

Smash Lord
An opinion is an opinion no matter how you look at it. Yours means nothing to anybody in the community. Not to mention youre hella outnumbered. You'll break if we keep this up.

And people just rag on the game because its a party game. I can even accept that. But it is indeed a fighting game as well if youre good enough and not a scrub who talks without knowing shit. Players dont like to adapt to change. Those 2D players are in the same boat as us. They hate Smash because its so different than what theyre used to. Smash people hate 2Ds (well, some of us) because its so different than Smash. Deal with it nigga. We're all the same.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Your placing smash in the fighter category? You can't do that its not a fighter.

Also, In America smash and halo are by far probably the most competitive games. Yes I said it. We have Larger tourneys, More tourneys, and more higher level players in Smash than in SF4, BB, GG. We are the best in the world at Melee and Brawl as far as we know.

People who play fighters though can't grasp that Smash has one thing that other fighters Don't have is DI. You can combo people based on DI. That sounds like a fun game to me.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Basically, Im not saying 2Ds suck and Smash is better. Im saying Blazblue sucks donkey dick. That's all I said from the get go.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
In order to break I'd have to care about anyone's opinions but my own...so yeah no it wont happen lol

And I don't recall my opinion being the one we're talking about. We're talking about YOUR opinion that people just don't "respect Melee because they can't play it".

JBM - Then what is it.

And I totally disagree with that. Counter-Strike is more competitive than Halo in America. Smash might be the biggest Fighting game because of Brawl. And yeah we have more high-level players in Smash than in SF4/BB/GG because Japan has the high-level players in ALL of those games.

And isn't it not a combo if they DI, it's just a reading.

[We need to stop editing so much >> makes it hard to follow]

What you said from the start was that people don't like Melee because they don't know how to play it. But if all you're saying is that BB is bad then I agree.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Counter strike Is not. Halo has WAY more tourneys and more attendence than say a random ACTUAL tourney for countersrike.

Thus making it the more competitive field of gaming.
Then smash :)

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
We stopped talking about comebacks awhile ago. Also you change "what you're saying" every post. Sometimes more than once in a post if you edit it.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Ever since Brawl came out every other new game is trying to copy their badness. And they are doing a damn good job at it.
People are stupid. I hate you guys almost as much as I hate Blazblue.
Basically, Im not saying 2Ds suck and Smash is better. Im saying Blazblue sucks donkey dick. That's all I said from the get go.
On a JBM note, quit talking out your ass ROFL!

EDIT: Forgot that first quote XD

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
JBM - Not at all man. Counter-Strike is still the most competitive FPS period. Europe and America, I guess I don't know about Asia. Halo has MLG and a couple of other smaller ones, CS has WCG and about a hundred other small ones and TWL and CAL. Ect ect.

And popularity for Halo has dropped quite a bit since Halo 3 became old news.

I'd prefer Halo to be the most, because while I hate Halo and Counter-Strike both. I hate Counter-Strike's whole "lolstopmovingtoshoot" system more than I hate Halo's mediocrity.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
JBM - Not at all man. Counter-Strike is still the most competitive FPS period. Europe and America, I guess I don't know about Asia. Halo has MLG and a couple of other smaller ones, CS has WCG and about a hundred other small ones and TWL and CAL. Ect ect.

And popularity for Halo has dropped quite a bit since Halo 3 became old news.
This .

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
I thought it all started with post 6902 :p

On a Smash related note, that tourney at Nebraskon wants suggestions for more games, so if you guys want me to have them do Melee I'll tell em to throw it up but I'm not sure who's all going. They're doing Brawl and Balanced Brawl though

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Nothing worth playing.

------
Halo 3/ODST
Gears of war 2
Rockband 2
BlazBlue
Street Fighter 4

Ps2
------
Dance Dance Revolution

Wii
------
Super Smash Brothers Balanced Brawl
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Card Games
-----------------
Magic the Gathering Constructed
Yu-Gi-Oh Constructed
World of Warcraft Constructed

Late Night Table top action
------------------
Settlers of Catan (Orignal)
Munchkin
D&D
WarHammer40k

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Might as well ship that Melee on over -.- Ill need something to do at the Con. Yes, Ill be in the gaming room the entire time because Im nerd.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
That's what I do when I go there, walk around in costume for awhile then get bored and go hang at the game room. Play Ganondorf and try for Warlock Punches for 3 days.

I'll tell them to throw on Melee.

I think I'm doing a late night DnD cause I'm Nerd-er. [I enter the RB tourney too :p]

ACTUALLY. **** I just remembered, they're doing a group play of Oregon Trail. Rocking that **** HARD.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
...You've never heard of EverQuest? Bad.

Alright. Melee is confirmed for Nebraskon. I'm thinkin' about bringing an N64 for Mario Party 2 and Goldeneye tournaments too.

Says that someone has to donate their Melee though, since none of the staff owns it apparently.

Dekline42

Smash Ace
If ur gonna bring ur 64 u should make em do smash 64 =P

and its not EQ its EC (everCrack)

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Ill bring a setup for Melee. And Ive heard of Everquest XD I heard some dude pooped in his socks for a few weeks because he didnt wanna stop playing Everquest even for a second.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
I don't have my copy of Smash 64 so you'd have to bring yours.

Yeah, there's also the story of this guy who killed himself after his party got wiped and he de-leveled.

Dying in EQ sucked. A lot. You lost about 1/5th of the XP you had gained so far and considering by the time you were in the 70's a level took about two weeks. So dying could cost you 6 days worth of work. All the more incentive not to suck -shrugs-

Dekline42

Smash Ace
I don't have my copy of Smash 64 so you'd have to bring yours.

Yeah, there's also the story of this guy who killed himself after his party got wiped and he de-leveled.
Yea, I'll bring my 64 copy and a controller er 2. And I heard about that guy who killed himself too yonder ago, I lold.

Top Bottom