• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I don't even live in Nebraska and i have played more games with them over there then you have. Also living in the ghetto doesn't matter whether or not you can play games or not. Take the bus to Dekline's.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
So apparently as of the current play tests on the new BlazBlue: CS. Bang is the best character :\

Eww. I don't want him any higher than B tier. They're buffing almost all his **** and nerfing the rest of the cast.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Bang top tier? Wow

Love don't E-bully. I've read your posts and they have no purpose at all in their context.

Genie I know you want to play games and your times for games are bad. Thing is though is that if you constantly list johns people just get annoyed.

Don't even post about possibly showing up. If you can show up, SHOW UP! I hear your pretty cool i'm interested in meeting you.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
He wont be though, there's like 8 more loketests left to go. If he remains the same then everyone else will just get buffed up to at least his level if not beyond.

They said early on that their goal wasn't to balance the game for high/low level play. They just want to make it fun. [But Arc doesn't really MAKE unbalanced games]

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Bang top tier? Wow

Love don't E-bully. I've read your posts and they have no purpose at all in their context.

Genie I know you want to play games and your times for games are bad. Thing is though is that if you constantly list johns people just get annoyed.

Don't even post about possibly showing up. If you can show up, SHOW UP! I hear your pretty cool i'm interested in meeting you.
I'm just trying to get him to actually show up to play with you guys. I understand that some of my posts maybe harsh, but I mean nothing against you Gamegenie. Just joking around too much. I apologize.

Dekline42

Smash Ace
Jin
---
Other
- better CG graphics for DPs, supers, freeze effects
- air 214A/B/C moves the same distance
- All freeze moves will automatically unfreeze at the fastest timing, no more mashing required

This will be very nice

Uli

Smash Champion
Jin
---
Other
- better CG graphics for DPs, supers, freeze effects
- air 214A/B/C moves the same distance
- All freeze moves will automatically unfreeze at the fastest timing, no more mashing required

This will be very nice
BRAWLLL?!?!?!
lol jk but seriously XD

games tonight?!
im so bored, i work at 8am tomorrow though -_-

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Ever since Brawl came out every other new game is trying to copy their badness. And they are doing a damn good job at it.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Dek - Yeah I saw those videos. Hazama still looking boring as balls to me. Not that it mattered since I'm not swapping off Bang.

Bang's new DD looks pretty hot.

It's about to be gay though, a lot of scrubs are going to hop on the Bang bandwagon and just whine that they loved him but wouldn't main him because he was so bad.

BB =/= Brawl lol....Don't compare Smash to any actual fighting game.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Your right why would you compare smash to a competitive fighting game.

Smash is oo better (oo=infinite).

Fighting games are really cool though. If they have technical depth. Otherwise they are bad games.

Hazama intrigues me.

Dekline42

Smash Ace
Your right why would you compare smash to a competitive fighting game.

Smash is oo better (oo=infinite).
Smash and normal fighting games are completely different...

Comparing them is really stupid.

And it's easy to see why ppl who play sf/gg/etc hate smash since smash is such a "wing it" game. Nothing really ever happens the same way twice, which is nice but kinda ******** too.

Soooo yea... saying "Smash is oo better" or vise versa is kind of ignorant

Tyserification

Smash Lord
JBM said that Smash isnt a competitive fighting game, but its better. What would that make it? A competitive party game? ROFL!

I like Smash because of the fact that things dont happen the same way each time. Makes it all the more fun and fun is the only reason I play games. I only hate Blazblue because I dont own the game otherwise Id be fucking amazing at it by now and you all know it XD

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I'm not comparing it to fighting games based on fighting games. I'm basing it on fun.

Smash is WAY more fun than 2d fighters. Always.

2D fighters happen to be serious almost all the time.
Smash isn't like that. I think Melee can be taken more seriously than a 2D fighter though. You have no life bar. With good DI, you can live dreams and comeback to take your opponents stock. That is why smash is an amazing game. Comebacks are possible.

2D fighters aren't user friendly enough for comebacks to be really considered. You either ****, get *****, or have a decent match and someone hits the last hit finishing their combo as you watch. You know your going to lose for the 3-4 seconds you have to watch the TV as you get *****.

Just me though. I like Blaz but nothing will EVER be better than Melee. Nothing

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Smash and normal fighting games are completely different...

Comparing them is really stupid.
I agree with this statement even though I have argued them many times before.

I'm not comparing it to fighting games based on fighting games. I'm basing it on fun.

Smash is WAY more fun than 2d fighters. Always.

2D fighters happen to be serious almost all the time.
Smash isn't like that. I think Melee can be taken more seriously than a 2D fighter though. You have no life bar. With good DI, you can live dreams and comeback to take your opponents stock. That is why smash is an amazing game. Comebacks are possible.

2D fighters aren't user friendly enough for comebacks to be really considered. You either ****, get *****, or have a decent match and someone hits the last hit finishing their combo as you watch. You know your going to lose for the 3-4 seconds you have to watch the TV as you get *****.

Just me though. I like Blaz but nothing will EVER be better than Melee. Nothing
I thought you play Smash for the competitiveness and that you play seriously because you want to continuously get better. Saying that the 2Ds have to be played seriously all the time would be a good thing for your standards then wouldnt it? Despite all that other junk, I believe comebacks are very possible in 2Ds. I mean, they happen more often than in Melee. Basically, what Dekline said though. Kid knows what he's talking about some of the time.

EDIT: I just really read JBM's opinion. Its hilarious. I mean, I love Smash but I can understand that it isnt the best thing ever especially when I havent even given other games a chance yet.

Uli

Smash Champion
what are you talking about jbm
the fact that you have a life bar in 2d fighters makes it more "serious" as you say
you cant diick around or else you will die
if you watch sf4 games dude, they will seriously sit there and waste 99 seconds walking back and forth waiting for an opening and feeling each other out. shiits soooo "serious"
and come backs happen all the time in 2d fighters -_-
daigo parring justins shiit
justins mvc2 come back with one char OHH MMYY GODDD

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
No your misunderstanding.

I'm saying that **** is super serious Yulai.

Smash is too but a different kind of serious. Thought process is alot more involved in smash. You have more time to think of strategy. Fighters it's quick smart decisions.

My bad I went on a stretch saying comebacks don't happen. I don't see very many comebacks IN BlazBlue. Unless your david :)

Uli

Smash Champion
you said above that it can be taken more seriously!!!!
but w/e
and both games involve the same amount of thinking and smart quick decision making
you havent reached the same level as you are in melee in any 2d fighter to say one is more than the other

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Yeah thats definitely true. I need to play more BlazBlue.

I haven't found a way of covering options well in 2D fighters. Thats what i'm all about.

Top Bottom